Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 34 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 5.2 kinda AMA (apparently it's not a good idea to run when your digestive system is trying to kill you?), finished early enough to get to work early because I need to leave early since for some reason I am expected to attend my nephew's wedding. Except I haven't even left home yet because my Garmin still has fourteen minutes remaining in the update installation, and obviously I can't leave without it, so I guess I'm going to be late instead. Whatever.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

I ran 5.2 kinda AMA (apparently it's not a good idea to run when your digestive system is trying to kill you?), finished early enough to get to work early because I need to leave early since for some reason I am expected to attend my nephew's wedding. Except I haven't even left home yet because my Garmin still has fourteen minutes remaining in the update installation, and obviously I can't leave without it, so I guess I'm going to be late instead. Whatever.

Less interesting on my side. Woke up, breakfast, ran.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mine is less interesting than both of y'all.  Woke up, went to work, breakfast.

RD so weights and piano.  And heading to Kroger after work so hoping I come out alive, ha.

Damaris

LRB

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning!

Had a nice 6 mile run last night with the g/f. We don't run together much anymore so it's nice to get out for a few miles every once in a while. She's headed to France for Thanksgiving, so I've been trying to spend a little more time with her the last few days...which is great, except for the interruption to my own schedule Smile

Blue...hope you can get some good answers and productive solutions! My latest doctor experiences have not been super effective.

Cyberic...good start to the day, uneventful though it may have been.

Docket...How are you liking Kroger? I used to shop there moons ago. It's definitely not Publix or Piggly Wiggly.

Question:  Do you guys know there's an alarm on your Garmin, and do you use it? I just found it the other day! I've started to use it instead of my phone to wake up in the morning, and I think it's kinda great. I haven't trusted it enough to not set a backup alarm yet, but I'm pretty sure I could tomorrow.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not Publix but it's almost as good and I love it!  We don't have a Piggly Wiggly that I can tell, boo hiss.

Damaris

LRB

Question:  Do you guys know there's an alarm on your Garmin, and do you use it?

Yes. No.

My phone is on silent 24/7. The only audible notifications I get from it is the vibrating alert from the watch, so it's kept in another room during the night.

The alarm on my phone is convenient and hassle free so I would just keep using that even if the watch were kept in my room. It's nice that it has it though.

bluerun

Super B****

Blue...hope you can get some good answers and productive solutions! My latest doctor experiences have not been super effective.

Question:  Do you guys know there's an alarm on your Garmin, and do you use it? I just found it the other day! I've started to use it instead of my phone to wake up in the morning, and I think it's kinda great. I haven't trusted it enough to not set a backup alarm yet, but I'm pretty sure I could tomorrow.

Nor have mine... I guess it's kind of hard for them to be when getting answers is difficult since I'm not rich enough to pay for testing that my insurance won't pay for either. They don't actually care whether you're healthy, just so long as you're not dead. Dead people can't pay premiums. So all I got out of this was a referral to a gastroenterologist, which is really a waste of time... I went through that already a few years ago and didn't learn anything then either. Blah.

I know it has one, I just never used it! Much as I love my Garmin (even though it did cost me time today), I kind of miss the days when all these things did was track your run.

I wasn't super late, as it happens. Because I actually got off the train at Penn Station, whereas I generally don't do that. Can't decide what I hate most about that place... the smell, the crowds, that it's basically the unofficial city homeless shelter and the world's largest public bathroom... UGH!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

'Morning!!  Back in the salt mines after a nice three day weekend, and looking at a very busy workday.  I got some extra sleep this morning thanks to TAPER, but do have a short tempo run to do tonight.  I am furiously stalking my race day weather, and while not ideal, I've marathoned in worse.

ETA:  Monday Night Football went exactly as I expected.

<3

KCRuns

I ran 4 to work with 12x 1:00/1:00 fartleks at 5k effort.  My 2 slowest were uphill, the rest were pretty close to last week's 400s pace.  I had to walk the recoveries.  Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be better at this and can jog the recoveries.

I wore my new NB Heat Pullover and it was pretty warm, I was impressed.  It was 35 this morning, this top would be fine on its own even if was colder and will be great with a vest when it's cold and windy.  Thanks for the recommendation, Onemile!  Now I want to order another one, but I don't need it.  Of course, I didn't need this one when I bought it 

KCRuns

Yes. No.

My phone is on silent 24/7. The only audible notifications I get from it is the vibrating alert from the watch, so it's kept in another room during the night.

The alarm on my phone is convenient and hassle free so I would just keep using that even if the watch were kept in my room. It's nice that it has it though.

Garmin has a quiet setting so you don't get those during your sleep hours. 

LRB

Rest day.

I visited a PT this morning for what I'm calling pre-hab for the off-season. That's where I go in voluntarily for professional help, not because I'm injured, broken and can't run.

Chick was cool. Wasn't interested in changing the way I run, only in fixing the things that are likely affecting me when I run. Noticed all of my imbalances right off the bat and was perplexed as they always are. I am "crooked" and "severely rotated", which coupled with a weak left ankle, left glute and left side SI joint, is contributing to my right glute overworking and thus, is the source for the ass and hamstring issues on my right side. Imagine that.

Anyway, she's going to throw a plan together to address those things. At 70 bucks per visit out of pocket it's going to be pricey. I just consider it the cost of doing business though so I'm gonna give it a go and see if I can't get righted. Of course, I could do all of these things on my own but then, if you're not doing them correctly, then you're not really fixing anything. You're most likely just making it worse...

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I know it has one, I just never used it! Much as I love my Garmin (even though it did cost me time today), I kind of miss the days when all these things did was track your run.

I definitely agree. I have so many nice watches that now just sit collecting dust because I can't fathom taking my Garmin off. If I need to, I dress the Garmin up with nicer leather bands, so even looking too casual isn't really an excuse for taking it off.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

LRB...You're definitely picking the right time to go and address issues, as opposed to waiting until you can't run to try fixing and improving things. If my trusted sports chiro had offices closer, I would be doing the same thing for sure. Unfortunately, with the drive being over an hour to his office, I just can't justify it unless I'm really injured.

LRB

'Morning!!  Back in the salt mines after a nice three day weekend, and looking at a very busy workday.  I got some extra sleep this morning thanks to TAPER, but do have a short tempo run to do tonight.  I am furiously stalking my race day weather, and while not ideal, I've marathoned in worse.

ETA:  Monday Night Football went exactly as I expected.

It was a great game from the Raven's standpoint. I watched it deep into the 4th quarter, something I never do. Top to bottom, that team is on a different level. I love watching them.