Beginners and Beyond

Stop Lurking & Start Posting SaturDAILIES (Read 298 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Happy Saturday!  TWO day weekend for me!  HOORAY!  LRB has inspired me as well to stop lurking so much and participate once in a while.

Not a whole lot going on today.  A few chores to do, but that's it.  Most likely a 7ish mile run late this afternoon.  I've got a $50 runningwarehouse gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

9 hours of beautiful sleep last night.  Ahhhhh.  Enjoy your Saturday, folks!  And enjoy listening to those Bay City Rollers albums.  

<3

Nevrgivup

Good morning peeps. I'm looking at 3.7 miles in a few. I need to drink my coffee first. I've got lots of Christmas shopping to finish today. Oh boy. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, my race got screwed within 25 seconds when this bitch cut up in front and hit me with her back leg. I went down hard. Knee is bad. :-(

Damaris

Nevrgivup

Well, my race got screwed within 25 seconds when this bitch cut up in front and hit me with her back leg. I went down hard. Knee is bad. :-(

Oh no D! Black eye

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Robert31320

Team TJ

That sucks.  Hope the knee is not too bad.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So far, the knee is swollen.  My only worry is whether I broke the patella.  Only time will tell.

Damaris

LRB

SIAR, that description made me shiver!

Hi Step, Supp Luke - my partna in crime, sorry to hear that D, still laughin Boon!

Hi Flarunner - welcome to the dailies! 

Weezer, I'd hit dat ass!

What up doe everyone else!

Well, today marks my first day back to the streets.  I'm gonna take it easy and just go for a couple of miles or so.  It will be my first run with my garmin.  Is the boy excited?  Hell to the yeah!

runmomto3boys

Tom:  Florida?  How fun!  Enjoy your trip/vacay!

David: I hope the 13.5 w/the group goes well today!

LRB: Good morning!  Enjoy running on the street today!  Progress!

Damaris: Hopefully, the 5-6 goes well and the stomach issues hold off.  ETA: I just saw that you had problems w/a fall - was that during your run this AM?  How bad is the knee?  Swollen?  Super painful?  I hope nothing is broken - OMG.

Shari: Good luck getting back out there today.  It's freezing here, but even a bit colder by you.  Brrrrr.  Good luck on that run!

B-Plus: 4:30?!?!  Early bird gets the...  Nice job getting up and out.  I hope the 14 go off w/o a hitch!

April: Run capped off by cake balls = perfect ending.  Enjoy your day!

SIAR: I'm cold just reading that description of what your run is going to be like

Flarunner: Wowzers - you already knocked out 15 and I'm still sitting here on my butt!  Nicely done and great planning having that downhill on hte back half of the run - WOOT!

Luke: Ohhh, you have a big ole vacay on tap!  How awesome is that?!?!  I hope the 6-7 go well this AM!

Sparker: Enjoy that 5 miler and the quiet house.  I have 3 little boys 6 and under.  Quiet is worth its weight in gold to me!

Robert: Nice job getting back up on the running horse and getting out there today.

Phil: 2 day weekend!?!?!  Whaaaat?  You don't have a vacay slated?  :thumbs down:  Enjoy the 7 miler this PM.

Hilary: I hope the 3.7 go well today!  I'm glad you are back out there and had a great week overall!

13 icy, cold miles last night.  I want to get in a slow (recovery paced) 10 miles this AM. It's only 6 degrees again - brrr.

happylily

Oh no! Poor D.! That must be so both scary and frustrating. Grrr... that woman!

Phil, two day weekends are necessary to good health. Do you usually work Saturdays? Enjoy your shopping!

Hilary, have a wonderful run and fun shopping. Looks like lots of us will be doing the same thing today!

David, that's a real cute ass you have for us today. Thanks!

A few recovery miles today. I had a good hilly 14 miler last night. Hills make longish runs seem so much faster. Lots of Christmas shopping later, sigh... (you know the unfun kind, the gifts for the hosts of various parties, or the 83 yo neighbors you love but don't know what to buy for anymore...). Give me ideas! I've run out of good ones...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Heidi, it was during a race.  I was pushed and trampled.

Tom:  Florida?  How fun!  Enjoy your trip/vacay!

David: I hope the 13.5 w/the group goes well today!

LRB: Good morning!  Enjoy running on the street today!  Progress!

Damaris: Hopefully, the 5-6 goes well and the stomach issues hold off.  ETA: I just saw that you had problems w/a fall - was that during your run this AM?  How bad is the knee?  Swollen?  Super painful?  I hope nothing is broken - OMG.

Shari: Good luck getting back out there today.  It's freezing here, but even a bit colder by you.  Brrrrr.  Good luck on that run!

B-Plus: 4:30?!?!  Early bird gets the...  Nice job getting up and out.  I hope the 14 go off w/o a hitch!

April: Run capped off by cake balls = perfect ending.  Enjoy your day!

SIAR: I'm cold just reading that description of what your run is going to be like

Flarunner: Wowzers - you already knocked out 15 and I'm still sitting here on my butt!  Nicely done and great planning having that downhill on hte back half of the run - WOOT!

Luke: Ohhh, you have a big ole vacay on tap!  How awesome is that?!?!  I hope the 6-7 go well this AM!

Sparker: Enjoy that 5 miler and the quiet house.  I have 3 little boys 6 and under.  Quiet is worth its weight in gold to me!

Robert: Nice job getting back up on the running horse and getting out there today.

Phil: 2 day weekend!?!?!  Whaaaat?  You don't have a vacay slated?  :thumbs down:  Enjoy the 7 miler this PM.

Hilary: I hope the 3.7 go well today!  I'm glad you are back out there and had a great week overall!

13 icy, cold miles last night.  I want to get in a slow (recovery paced) 10 miles this AM. It's only 6 degrees again - brrr.

Damaris

Just B.S.

LTB, your wish is my command!!!  Not much time for personals but wanted to say hi!!

Stayed up  until 1 am finishing the 3 matching costumes for our Disney Princess trip. My friend wanted her

sisters to give her for Christmas. My kitchen is now covered in sparkles and sequins.

Supposed to do 10 today but so much to do and not much energy so we shall see how many it becomes.

Lily, for older folks who have everything for whom you want a small gift I often buy  a gift boxed Amyaryllis,

they usually love them! And I throw in a bottle of Bath and Body pump hand soap with pretty much every gift

I give.

D, hope the knee is feeling better.

Luke, enjoy your trip! You too Tom!

Have a good weekend daily folk!

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Ok LRB, you called me out from hiding.

Good morning fellow runners! It is blizzard time in Upstate NY! The wind is howling and the snow is flying! 32F with the feel of 18F... woohoo Winter is here!

I ran 6.3 miles last night for the first time after 3 days of congestion and a sore throat. I am not 100%, but felt good enough to go for a run. I felt like I was running on flat tires for the first 4 miles. I just couldn't get going until mile 5. 

Enjoy your cold runs! Run long, hard and fast! God bless you all!

Splits (GPS Interval)
                           TypeDistance Split settingsDurationTotal DurationPaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
                          1 Interval 1 mi 8:30.90 8:30.90 8:31      
                          2 Interval 1 mi 8:13 16:43.90 8:13      
                          3 Interval 1 mi 8:04.45 24:48.35 8:05      
                          4 Interval 1 mi 7:54.50 32:42.85 7:55      
                          5 Interval 1 mi 7:42.33 40:25.18 7:43      
                          6 Interval 1 mi 7:04.55 47:29.73 7:05      
                          7 Interval 0.29 mi 2:00.46 49:30.19 6:56      

mucknort

Flying to SoCal today for the holidays and enjoy family/friends. Won't be running much (boohoo, can't get into a surgeon for hernia repair till late Jan.) or posting much. Going to go to Rose Parade, at least. Merry Christmas everybody!

hugs, Muck

@runjerseygirl

I was going to try for 5 today (which is normally my SRD), but I got a huge lecture about how I shouldn't run when I have this cough.  I didn't feel like fighting, so I gave up that idea.  I'm still going to do 7 tomorrow, though.

D, I hope it's nothing too serious, and that you heal quickly.

LRB, good luck on your run today.  I know you must be super excited to get back out there.  

Everyone else, enjoy your Saturday!  I'll be cleaning, and getting ready for Wigilia on Monday night.  12 people over for dinner.  Oy.

Do you even run?

LRB

3.39 miles

9:01 pace per mile

I was tempted to extend it a bit but all in good time, my little pretties - all in good time. 

These things must be done delicately, or you hurt the spell!