Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES - Ugha (Read 33 times)

LRB

What is the sound you make right before heading out to do stupid in a cold, dark and windy downpour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 5 tonight but changing them to Friday is likely since we are under a wind warning with 60mph gusts expected through 9pm tonight.  So, 5 or my second RD.

Damaris

DavePNW

I have 5 tonight but changing them to Friday is likely since we are under a wind warning with 60mph gusts expected through 9pm tonight.  So, 5 or my second RD.

What, did you bring the hurricanes with you?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What, did you bring the hurricanes with you?

Apparently!  Although for hurricane weather, 60mph is pfffttt, nothing. Wink

I'll see how bad it is tonight. Gusts are expected in the 40s by then but who knows.  I've seen the weather here change like crazy.

Damaris

delicate flower

Happy Pre-Turkey Day!  I am four days from a marathon and my legs hurt.  Not sore from running...they hurt.  Like my joints and my bones.  I'll be fine when it's time to race, but that doesn't mean I can't whine right now.    Today is an SRD but I may spin the bike trainer easy this evening for some active recovery.

<3

delicate flower

Also I have decided to close our department at 3:00 today and send the staff home early.  It's nice to be in a position where I can do that.

<3

LRB

Also I have decided to close our department at 3:00 today and send the staff home early.  It's nice to be in a position where I can do that.

They'll appreciate it. It's gonna be nutso at stores all evening.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They'll appreciate it. It's gonna be nutso at stores all evening.

I still need to go to Kroger!

Damaris

LRB

I ran 5.

My feet were completely soaked 1 mile in. By mile 1.5, the rest of body had joined the party.

Oh, and those "twigs" I thought I was running on in the dark? Turned out to be worms in the light. -_-

delicate flower

I drive past the airport during my daily commute and parallel the runway approach zone for about two miles.  This morning the Boston Bruins plane was coming in as I was driving along that strip.  Pretty cool to see that.  It does seem odd that they'd be flying into Hartford instead of Boston, but then again it is a much easier airport to get in and out of.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

8 on the AlterG... sososososo tired, I can't do this "stay up late for an event" bullshit anymore, I'm too old. And my foot hurts but IDK if that's because I wore stupid shoes last night or because my foot is just stupid. Or because it's going to rain (previous fracture).

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I drive past the airport during my daily commute and parallel the runway approach zone for about two miles.  This morning the Boston Bruins plane was coming in as I was driving along that strip.  Pretty cool to see that.  It does seem odd that they'd be flying into Hartford instead of Boston, but then again it is a much easier airport to get in and out of.

Those kind of random encounters are always kinda fun.

Docket...We have the winds too, but I'm glad it's not the snow. My dad lives in Payson, AZ. They were told their average annual snowfall would be 2". Last year they got almost 40" in one storm, and they're set to get between 17" and 30" in the next two days!

I was supposed to get up and run with the gf before she left for her France trip, but we ended up staying in bed because of the rain. I had another huge coughing fit last night, so I didn't want to chance it with my lungs. I'll run tonight with our group and we can tether ourselves together if the wind gets too strong.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, and those "twigs" I thought I was running on in the dark? Turned out to be worms in the light. -_-

Yuck!

Damaris

DavePNW

You’d think they’d feel different underfoot?

Out here, sure we get the worms, but more so what I try to avoid trodding upon is the slugs. In the midwest, I was used to slugs being roughly jellybean sized. But here they are closer to Vienna sausages. They’re freaking enormous.

Dave

LRB

You’d think they’d feel different underfoot?

Out here, sure we get the worms, but more so what I try to avoid trodding upon is the slugs. In the midwest, I was used to slugs being roughly jellybean sized. But here they are closer to Vienna sausages. They’re freaking enormous.

Dizam!