Beginners and Beyond

It's Labor Day, MONDAILIES. Let's Labor. (Read 44 times)

I'll be at the gym in about an hour. You?

Cyberic

Hurray for holiday Mondays!

Supposed to be hot again today and tomorrow, so I'll run my Tuesday workout this morning, while it is still reasonable out.

happylily

Morning guys,

My family went camping and canoeing for the weekend, and for the third year in a row, I did not go. I'm not happy about this.

This is what I did instead: Saturday was a 23 mile LR with the first 18 @ 7:54 and the last 5 @ 9:17 and Sunday was 12 @ 8:45 plus 4 hours later 6 @ 8:29. It was 87F with a feel like of 100F yesterday in the garage, but for the LR on Saturday, it was a refreshing 78F. I swear I'm going to tough out this heat til the very end. I will not capitulate, damn it. Anyway, why did I run so many miles over two days, do you ask? Because during the week, my job has been insidiously swallowing my soul and I feel exhausted by the end of the day, so I take unplanned rest days... Then I catch up on miles during the weekend. 68 miles for the week, on 5 days.  I woke up at 5:30 am this morning, on my day off, because I was starving. Now I have to prepare for 6 @ recovery. Stupid me.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Labor? Sheeit, not me. I'm not doing Jack today and will like it. In fact, my toughest task will be deciding whether to have pizza for the third consecutive day or not. lol

LRB

Oh, and while I do have a few singlets in various online shopping carts. I will continue to scour the web because as you know, a boy can never have too many choices on race day.

happylily

Oh, and while I do have a few singlets in various online shopping carts. I will continue to scour the web because as you know, a boy can never have too many choices on race day.

Runningwarehouse has a nice selection. And Sugoi has one model for men which is nice (I think). What are you looking for exactly, aside from the singlet aspect?

I bought a tank on sale at Lulu yesterday. But the men's clothes there I don't like. Too metrosexual for my liking...

Cyberic

Lily, that is crazy.

happylily

Lily, that is crazy.

I know... Thank god I do not work with a coach. He would hate me.

LRB

Runningwarehouse has a nice selection. And Sugoi has one model for men which is nice (I think). What are you looking for exactly, aside from the singlet aspect?

I bought a tank on sale at Lulu yesterday. But the men's clothes there I don't like. Too metrosexual for my liking...

I've gone through their selection, thrice. A lot of them I have so it's not their fault. It's hard to say, when I see it, I want it. Like now! If I have to think about it then I am probably just settling.

I didn't know lululemon sold menswear...probably because not too many men wear it. lol

LRB

Stupid me.

Nah, we simply do what we have to do. Or what we think we have to do, same difference.

A runner should never wake up hungry though. You can go ahead and smack yourself for that.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Stopping by the speedy person thread to wish bluerun good luck on her two races today!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

onemile

This is what I did instead: Saturday was a 23 mile LR with the first 18 @ 7:54 and the last 5 @ 9:17 and Sunday was 12 @ 8:45 plus 4 hours later 6 @ 8:29. It was 87F with a feel like of 100F yesterday in the garage, but for the LR on Saturday, it was a refreshing 78F. I swear I'm going to tough out this heat til the very end. I will not capitulate, damn it. Anyway, why did I run so many miles over two days, do you ask? Because during the week, my job has been insidiously swallowing my soul and I feel exhausted by the end of the day, so I take unplanned rest days... Then I catch up on miles during the weekend. 68 miles for the week, on 5 days.  I woke up at 5:30 am this morning, on my day off, because I was starving. Now I have to prepare for 6 @ recovery. Stupid me.

Ouch. Just reading this hurts.  Especially the "the first 18...and then the last 5"

onemile

SRD for me and I am pathetically excited about it.

happylily

I've gone through their selection, thrice. A lot of them I have so it's not their fault. It's hard to say, when I see it, I want it. Like now! If I have to think about it then I am probably just settling.

I didn't know lululemon sold menswear...probably because not too many men wear it. lol

Let me do some shopping for you...

For the digital man in you:

Titan Singlet

For your very fit body:

RS Ice Tri Tank

I like the color of this one. It also comes in a nice green

:

LRB

SRD for me and I am pathetically excited about it.

195.8 miles in 20 days? I'd say so!

Incidentally, you beat my 20 day streak of 191.4 from 2013 FFS.