Beginners and Beyond

How is it only TuesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I stayed a few blocks from the library bus pickup spot and got a decent deal (I think $160/night). A lot less that what I paid for my Boston hotel

Yeah, when I stayed the other two years they weren't $586 (I still remember the exact amount, lol).  We got some stuff by the library and Times Square for like half of that if not less than $200.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good point. Here dog owners are responsible for their own pet's poop, and some are less ... civilized... than others.

Here they are too.  Some assholes just DON'T DO IT

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I would imagine that anything would feel better than Miami's heat! Do you think you'll run outside all winter?

We shall see.  Ice I might not do and I've heard plenty of times Indy gets ice more than snow.  So it will depend on whether I'm running in the dark (M-F) or during the day for me to run when it's icy outside.  I just fall breathing so chances are that will be my nope.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

That's how it's supposed to work on the 2ks, getting a little faster each week (naturally, not forced).

My legs actually felt kinda shitty to start. but I tend to feel like crap the day after a rest day and was dreading the chore ahead of me. but things got better by the 3rd which ended up being surprisingly fast. not sure where that came from.

Coach was pleased 

Nice job! That's great you already have feedback from your coach, too.

RunningOnSand

I AM used to paying for a room for just me, since I always travel alone, and Boston still hurt.

When I had thought I could qualify for 2020 and I was looking at hotel prices, it nearly gave me a heart attack. Oof.

RunningOnSand

There are assholes all around the world like this. Grr.

RunningOnSand

We shall see.  Ice I might not do and I've heard plenty of times Indy gets ice more than snow.  So it will depend on whether I'm running in the dark (M-F) or during the day for me to run when it's icy outside.  I just fall breathing so chances are that will be my nope.

Yep, I get that. And I had to LOL @ your comment about falling just from breathing. LOL. #solidarity

I can usually trip just by walking on a sidewalk (mind you, not from any unevenness, or cracks, but usually if I'm in flip flops I'll "fall" off my shoe (I have no idea how this has happened multiple times to me, but there you have it)).

Baboon

delicate flower

My favorite is when they do take the time and effort to bag the poop, but then leave the poop bag on the side of the trail.

<3

onemile

Nice job! That's great you already have feedback from your coach, too.

yeah he is on top of it! and now we're arguing about next week's schedule 

RunningOnSand

My favorite is when they do take the time and effort to bag the poop, but then leave the poop bag on the side of the trail.

I also don't understand this.

RunningOnSand

yeah he is on top of it! and now we're arguing about next week's schedule 

He is one involved coach!

LRB

I've traveled alone for those things and cannot recall what the exact rate was for Boston but I feel like it was around $300 per night (Saturday - Monday).

I paid $300 per night for New York but it was by choice, so it was higher than it could've been (Friday - Monday). There were tons of options at $200 per night (and less) but that was the big show for me, so I went a little over above board. I also flew in first class for the first time and that was pretty cool.

I treated CIM as an adventure (Thursday - Monday). I flew into San Diego and then drove up the coast visiting several cities along the way. I stayed overnight in Venice Beach and San Francisco before hitting Sacramento Saturday afternoon.

The hotel prices were way lower out west so that trip was by far the least expensive of the three. If I had to put a number on the total cost I'd say $1,800 - $2,000 for Boston, about $2,200 for New York and about $1,500 - $1,700 for CIM.

I just kind of view it all as the cost of doing business so my opinion is kind of skewed in that regard. I mean, if you're going to travel for races get the checkbook out!

GinnyinPA

I was lucky in Boston because I got a B&B in Cambridge for $185 a night. It was about a half mile from the subway, so convenient. Since the start is so late, I was actually able to enjoy the breakfast before the race as well.

I ran 9.6 this afternoon. I slept like Dave, so I was tired and had little energy, but I did what I set out to do.

Runshortii

Onemile - it really looks like you’re gaining fitness! Glad it seems to be working with the new coach.

I ran 5. I felt great actually. Hope it carries over into tomorrow’s workout. 

I’m paying $339 a night at the Intercontinental for Boston Fri-Mon. Some hotels were going for 500 a night 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Some hotels were going for 500 a night 

I've run ultras where the total cost including entry fee, travel, lodging, and food didn't cost that much.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.