Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #4 (Read 31 times)

LRB

How many guys have you seen at races in a pink shoes besides the special Nikes?

adidas started the trend if I'm not mistaken (which I could very well be). I have a "salmon" colored pair of Boosts from like 2013 or '14.

Baboon

delicate flower

adidas started the trend if I'm not mistaken (which I could very well be). I have a "salmon" colored pair of Boosts from like 2013 or '14.

I had those and raced in them.  They way my training schedule and shoe situation lines up right now, I will likely be racing Boston in the pink Nikes.

<3

LRB

I had those and raced in them.  They way my training schedule and shoe situation lines up right now, I will likely be racing Boston in the pink Nikes.

And you'll get your own thread again. The last one was epic. You're welcome.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Is Nike seeing just how hideous they can make the shoes, but people will buy them for the performance qualities? I don't think many guys voluntarily buy pink shoes. Or is this a weird intro to NFL colored 4% shoes--look like Miami Dolphn colors.

Dolphin colors are brighter but thanks, now I can't think otherwise.

I find weird that one shoe is one color and the other one another. Won't be buying these ones! The first ones came our in crimsom orange and were awesome. The blue ones too. These, not that much. And the 4% were cuter; I have two pairs of these are are fugly.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

And you'll get your own thread again. The last one was epic. You're welcome.

Me, Lauren, blue, and wolvmar this year.  And maybe Ginny?  I can't remember.

<3

RunningOnSand

Is Nike seeing just how hideous they can make the shoes, but people will buy them for the performance qualities? I don't think many guys voluntarily buy pink shoes. Or is this a weird intro to NFL colored 4% shoes--look like Miami Dolphn colors.

LOL, I agree that the shape of them are really odd looking. The weird pointy heels and such. But I guess I'm used to looking at them, b/c I don't even notice them much anymore. I love the colors though!

RunningOnSand

I'm LOL'ing at the differences in opinions on the colors. Big grin

So Stryd users: help. I keep looking for the answer online and can't seem to find it. For my runs, I should have 2 sets of data, right? One from Garmin (pace, etc.) and one from Stryd?

For reference, I have these settings:

auto calibration: disabled

distance: always

speed: always

When I login Ito my Power Center, when I click on a run, I only see 1 set of data. How can I tell what my Garmin has for GPS vs what Stryd has?

LRB

Me, Lauren, blue, and wolvmar this year.  And maybe Ginny?  I can't remember.

runshorti. Ginny is thinking about Rehoboth or New Jersey.

LRB

So Stryd users: help. I keep looking for the answer online and can't seem to find it. For my runs, I should have 2 sets of data, right? One from Garmin (pace, etc.) and one from Stryd?

When I login Ito my Power Center, when I click on a run, I only see 1 set of data. How can I tell what my Garmin has for GPS vs what Stryd has?

You wouldn't, you'd have one or the other. In the case above you'd have Stryd.

onemile

I don't have mine set to distance and speed: always. I have mine set to use the GPS. so in the Power Center if I switch it to show the Splits instead of Miles then I can see what Stryd measured for each mile.  I think the only way you can compare it if you have yours set to always for speed and distance is by checking what Strava recorded? (Right Cy?)

RunningOnSand

You wouldn't, you'd have one or the other. In the case above you'd have Stryd.

Okay then am I doing it wrong? Should I change my settings? What do you have yours on?

RunningOnSand

I don't have mine set to distance and speed: always. I have mine set to use the GPS. so in the Power Center if I switch it to show the Splits instead of Miles then I can see what Stryd measured for each mile.  I think the only way you can compare it if you have yours set to always for speed and distance is by checking what Strava recorded? (Right Cy?)

This is probably such a dumb question, so bare with me (still learning ): then when you say you have it set to use the GPS is your auto calibration on? How do you have that on?

onemile

This is probably such a dumb question, so bare with me (still learning ): then when you say you have it set to use the GPS is your auto calibration on? How do you have that on?

My auto calibration is off but the speed source and distance source on the garmin, for OUTDOOR runs is set to use the GPS (for indoor runs it uses it).

if you set the speed source and distance source to always use Stryd, it won't measure your speed and distance by GPS. It will use the Stryd pod. If you run in an area where GPS is unreliable, maybe you want that. (like Cyber)

Auto-calibration adjusts the calibration factor based on GPS. So then if you have GPS errors it will change that number and then when you run indoors it will factor that in.

LRB

Okay then am I doing it wrong? Should I change my settings? What do you have yours on?

There is no "wrong" or "right, just your preference. Mine is set to distance: always, speed: always, meaning I am not getting pace or distance information from the GPS, it's coming from the pod. Auto-calibration is disabled and the correction factor is at 100.

onemile

There is no "wrong" or "right, just your preference. Mine is set to distance: always, speed: always, meaning I am not getting pace or distance information from the GPS, it's coming from the pod. Auto-calibration is disabled and the correction factor is at 100.

do you get a map in Stryd?