Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies - Kickass! (Read 39 times)

RunningOnSand

Never had them.

Sacrilege!

RunningOnSand

Cyberic

Empty calories. Ditto beer, and most alcohol for that matter. The best bang for your buck when trying to gain weight is dense calories like olive oil, avocados, oats, nuts and peanut butter. The first thing one should cut when trying to lose weight is you guessed it, empty calories.

I almost only drink water. 2 coffees in the morning, sometimes milk during supper, but mostly water. Lots of water. I guess I could add over 1000 calories a day if I switched water for something else, but I'm not sure if it's a good trade, overall.

I'd need to find something caloric, yet good for me, that does a good job for hydration, and tastes good enough that I want to drink it.

RunningOnSand

I have spent the better part of this morning catching up from last night's forum, and this morning's. Interrupted, of course, with life's menial tasks (which falls in the form of laundry and tending to the minion today).

I didn't read the serial shitter story. But haven't you guys ever been in the position of, when you gotta go, you gotta go? A friend once recounted a story. She was running through a neighborhood (not hers) in white shorts. And shat herself. So she had to run home with white shit-stained shorts. I still feel badly for her.

I have 3 on tap, but I woke up with a fever and sore throat. Yay. I took ibuprofen with hopes that I'd feel well enough to go for a run, but I'm still slogging around my house. I may take a USRD. B/c it's only 3 miles after all. Anyway.

Cyberic

Sacrilege!

lol

Aren't these things full of caffeine? With my fragile sleep cycle, I take it easy with coffee. That's why I only have two, in the mornng. I love it, I need it, but I don't see myself gobbling caffeine all day.

RunningWithMyDog

I didn't read the serial shitter story. But haven't you guys ever been in the position of, when you gotta go, you gotta go? A friend once recounted a story. She was running through a neighborhood (not hers) in white shorts. And shat herself. So she had to run home with white shit-stained shorts. I still feel badly for her.

On two occasions I have had to do a bear imitation.

But this story is different.

The guy was doing it every day.  I suspect this was a mental urge to take a poop - not a physical one.

Can you imagine the humiliation of being arrested for this?

DavePNW

I almost only drink water. 2 coffees in the morning, sometimes milk during supper, but mostly water. Lots of water. I guess I could add over 1000 calories a day if I switched water for something else, but I'm not sure if it's a good trade, overall.

I'd need to find something caloric, yet good for me, that does a good job for hydration, and tastes good enough that I want to drink it.

Pineapple juice?

Dave

RunningOnSand

lol

Aren't these things full of caffeine? With my fragile sleep cycle, I take it easy with coffee. That's why I only have two, in the mornng. I love it, I need it, but I don't see myself gobbling caffeine all day.

Yes, of course, which is part of the draw. Wink If it interrupted my sleep, though, then I'd also rethink it. I usually have a 1:30-2pm cutoff for caffeine, b/c of the sleep factor.

RunningOnSand

On two occasions I have had to do a bear imitation.

But this story is different.

The guy was doing it every day.  I suspect this was a mental urge to take a poop - not a physical one.

Can you imagine the humiliation of being arrested for this?

Ah. Well, that makes a big difference.

and honestly, I would be MORTIFIED. But I kind of think...if you're going to be doing this on the regular, don't you at least have some sort of consciousness that you could get caught? And that it would get out into the public eye? I think he must have some issues.

DavePNW

Yes, of course, which is part of the draw. Wink If it interrupted my sleep, though, then I'd also rethink it. I usually have a 1:30-2pm cutoff for caffeine, b/c of the sleep factor.

Pretty much this. I drink 2 cups first thing in the AM, 1 cup after lunch, then I'm done.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I am lucky that I run in the suburbs, so never more than a mile from a bathroom. Had some close calls where I was very purposefully walking. The woods by my house one of those times looked very appealing, but then we'd have to move.

I  have made some purchases out of guilt at the local McDonald's.

Cyberic

LRB

Yep, except I only have one coffee in the morning and I drink about a gallon of water minimum (and probably more) per day. I have my milk post-run and save the 1000 calories I could be drinking throughout the day for my evening wine. 🍷

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

How about just drinking more beer?

I did that.  The amount got silly.  Being fat and drunk loses it's appeal after awhile.  I've had a couple beers a month this year.  I've lost about 20lbs, and have saved a decent amount of money.

TLDR:  Beer makes my ass look fat.

Runner with a riding problem.

DavePNW

I did that.  The amount got silly.  Being fat and drunk loses it's appeal after awhile.  I've had a couple beers a month this year.  I've lost about 20lbs, and have saved a decent amount of money.

TLDR:  Beer makes my ass look fat.

Dave