Beginners and Beyond

Suh-weet! SaturDAILIES (Read 51 times)

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

I set out for 2 miles. Really sore still (adductor muscles the most) but no pain - just DOMS. At around 1.3 an older gentleman came outside and we said hello, and he said "run an extra mile for me, would ya?" So I said "HA, sure, no problem." Then I thought hmm, I'm feeling a little better...

So I ran 3 instead.

Now pushups and crunches, then maybe a beer. It's a good day for one.

Smile

LRB--WHOA that's an amazing time for 6+ miles.  Have you gone sub-20 for 5k yet? because if you haven't you will soon.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scap yep avoided all the yard sales.

LRB wowza. That is all.

Marjorie

outoftheblue

13.2 hilly miles at 10:45 done for me today.  A little yard work planned, and then hopefully I will get a nap in this afternoon, before making some enchiladas for dinner.

Pink -- Sorry to hear of the vertical tear -- i hope the next 4 weeks flies by for you.

LRB -- That is one mean workout.  Well done!

Life is good.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy Saturday!!  I'm about to go to my nephew's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.   Even though my leg is in a cast, I'm getting quite the workout - one leg hops on my "good leg" and upper body with the crutches.  Holy cow!!

Have a Pinksational day!!  Enjoy your weekend!!

Wow - I missed quite a bit over the last week or two. Sounds like I'll have to back over your posts to see more about this cast. Last I had heard, you were dealing with some pretty bad knee pains and some possible torn ligaments or something like that.

Hope you're on the mend now!

OK, Pink, I read your post from yesterday so I'm caught up now. I think you should temporarily change your screen name to "pinkCASTic". Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hip Redux

Man, I had never done tempo repeats in that manner but that was fuckin' hard.  Or, as my girl O to the Ski would say, them shits be tough yo!

Joking

Beast mode, for sure, LRB!

Some quick shout outs -

Scap - no issues with bacon and eggs before a run.   Now if I had a bagel, then I would be in serious trouble.  lol

Ami - nice race!  1st in AG right off an injury?  Damn.

Dave - did some yard work today too.  Installed a fence for the dogs.  Fun times.  :/

Luke - now I gotta go see if you posted a RR!  Damn suspense on the sub-25 quest....

6 miles done, 11:00 pace which was about what I was going for.  Slow and easy as I ramp up mileage again.   Back and ITB felt great... until mile 5, then everything got achy.  Blah.    Did a walk/run to finish up the last mile.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sorry been a little scarce around here....had a rough last few days. My allergies turned into a sinus infection and I have just felt craptacular all week and couldn't take off work because I am in my resignation period and forfeited any remaining sick days to be paid out for them. Oh well.....feeling MUCH better now....antibiotics work wonders!!!!

I am running late to go meet my parents in Manhattan, but real quick.... when I was at the doctors to get my antibiotics, the horrible doctor who had told me that I should never run because it is terrible for the body, that if I kept running I deserved injuries like ITBS, and slammed the door at me when I went to him with ITBS in January (I switched to a different doctor but in the same practice) got told OFF by a nurse while I was in there. It was AMAZING. I guess he is really an A1 Asshole Extraordinaire. This nurse REALLY let him have it.... there was about 8-10 "F bombs" dropped on him. Fantastic. I strongly dislike that guy, and think he deserved it.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus

Sick workout LRB!

I have shopping therapy, race expo, and shakeout run on the menu this afternoon.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I have shopping therapy, race expo, and shakeout run on the menu this afternoon.

Enjoy! Good luck tomorrow!!

Hip Redux

Sick workout LRB!

Good luck tomorrow!

BTW - has Damaris checked in?

Ball of Fury

Last I heard from Damaris was that's it's hotter than hell and she was headed to the expo!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

Damn, a nap took me!

Scap. yes, I finally did it a few weeks ago.

Hobbit, I saw Iron Man 3 last night.  The wine was good, the pizza was good, the movie was good.  But I am going back tonight to make sure.  : p

Pink, you have a good attitude!

April, good work on the recovery run.

Nice PR Sky Walker!

Ami, isn't it hotter than hell wherever Damaris is?  Maybe it's her.   ; )  Hang in there babe!

Dave, my yard is starting to look not so good.  As much as I like yard work, I hate yard work.  Not sure why that is.

Good vibes to those nursing injuries!

What up doe to everyone else!

Robert31320

Team TJ

No running again today for me.  Crunches and push-ups shortly.

looking forward to running again Monday.

Running for TJ because he can't.

8.2 easy. Felt really good today. Next week I'll start working back in some harder workouts.

outoftheblue

Sorry been a little scarce around here....had a rough last few days. My allergies turned into a sinus infection and I have just felt craptacular all week and couldn't take off work because I am in my resignation period and forfeited any remaining sick days to be paid out for them. Oh well.....feeling MUCH better now....antibiotics work wonders!!!!

I am running late to go meet my parents in Manhattan, but real quick.... when I was at the doctors to get my antibiotics, the horrible doctor who had told me that I should never run because it is terrible for the body, that if I kept running I deserved injuries like ITBS, and slammed the door at me when I went to him with ITBS in January (I switched to a different doctor but in the same practice) got told OFF by a nurse while I was in there. It was AMAZING. I guess he is really an A1 Asshole Extraordinaire. This nurse REALLY let him have it.... there was about 8-10 "F bombs" dropped on him. Fantastic. I strongly dislike that guy, and think he deserved it.

I'm glad that doctor got told off.  Much better to sit on the couch all day surfing the internet and eating cheetos, then *gasp* risk a sports-related injury.

Life is good.

Baboon

delicate flower

Fly-by vacation update:  I'm exhausted and need dessert.  Great day today.

<3