Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #218 (Read 25 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My "RR" is up, strangely enough, it is relatively long.

It better have pictures! Wink

I'll read it tonight.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Two more marathons that canceled today and shocked the Marathon Maniac group are OKC Memorial and Route 66.

Damaris

Cyberic

Ran another 8 during soccer. The first 15 minutes were tough, and then it became better. It was actually even better after 8 miles than after 15 minutes.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It better have pictures! Wink

I'll read it tonight.

Always pictures 😁

I will not purposely sign up for a virtual marathon.... But if a physical race that I do sign up for cancels and offers the virtual option, I'll consider.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Two more marathons that canceled today and shocked the Marathon Maniac group are OKC Memorial and Route 66.

Got some footage of a few of the Maniacs reacting to these announcements.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I had been hoping that a small 5k was going to happen on October 3. Last time I did it, there were maybe 50 people. I was thinking since it's in Harford coutny, it would happen sine they are doing better than mosgt. Nope. Cancelled. There is a 5k on Sunday up there, bit here is how a local weather site is describing the weekend:  Humid with dew points in the upper 70s, making it feel like you're swimming in a bowl of soup

Docket, scary about DH's friend.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had been hoping that a small 5k was going to happen on October 3. Last time I did it, there were maybe 50 people. I was thinking since it's in Harford coutny, it would happen sine they are doing better than mosgt. Nope. Cancelled. There is a 5k on Sunday up there, bit here is how a local weather site is describing the weekend:  Humid with dew points in the upper 70s, making it feel like you're swimming in a bowl of soup

Docket, scary about DH's friend.

Mine next week will be also humid, but I can jog a 5K and just finish it. My coach thinks I should race it. I'm not even going to address that, haha.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Mine next week will be also humid, but I can jog a 5K and just finish it. My coach thinks I should race it. I'm not even going to address that, haha.

I'm not a fan of the course for the Sunday race. If it was capped at 250, maybe I would have considered it, but 550 is too many people.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have not seen numbers like this for a while:

Last 7 days: 59.5 mi 11:24:44 11:31 / mi
                      Last 30 days: 224.7 mi 42:06:22 11:15 / mi

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Wait, we're still talking about races?

Just realized I have a 7 day total of 61 miles  No wonder I've been eating EVERYTHING

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just realized I have a 7 day total of 61 miles  No wonder I've been eating EVERYTHING

Nice!

Damaris

Cyberic

Yeah! Your mileage has been steadily building up, hasn't it? Or is this just a one off that you're pushing extra, like when we did a 100 mile week... nothing steady, just a stunt.