Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdaylies on the 2nd (Read 25 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

My favorite RM company tends to start 5k pricing at $20 or 25. Courses aren't certified, but they tend to measure accurately & they post the map on their website, so I know what I'm getting. Even waiting til the last minute, they tend to be under $30. Plus, they are super efficient at getting the awards done--for a 5k, typically they are ready to do awards 1 hour after the start of the race, which is nice.

The public preferred LRS tends to start at $35 and go up to $40 or 45 closer to the race.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Sad but true.

Gotta pay for them stupid ass finisher's medals somehow.

He-he. I paid $45 for both the 5 & 10k in the fall that gave out a finisher medal for each race plus a special challenge one for both race (yes, 3 finisher medals).

Baboon

delicate flower

Yea, there is a post race flower  

Wife and I were having a conversation not too long ago about what would be the most inconvenient finish line swag for a race.  I was thinking maybe a goldfish in a bag, a handful or marbles, or a cactus.

<3

Runshortii

Yea, there is a post race flower . It's $30, so not the cheapest, but definitely not the highest (that goes to the new trend of wine or beer fest runs that want at least $65 for a 5k!!!!!). It's chip timed. Instead of a shirt, they are doing arm warmers, which would be more usual than another crappy shirt.

Arm warmers beat the 10,000 race shirts I own

Cyberic

Wife and I were having a conversation not too long ago about what would be the most inconvenient finish line swag for a race.  I was thinking maybe a goldfish in a bag, a handful or marbles, or a cactus.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got a run in this evening!!! I really didn't think I was going to be able to, but that wasn't the only surprise, we ran 6.3 miles. The dogs, me and Dorian (in a stroller).

No automatic alt text available.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It wasn't finish line swag, but I've run a few races where the AG awards were small potted trees. They were held at arboretums and gardens, so appropriate.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Zelanie

I ran a trail run tonight through an area that I've wanted to run for a while. It is super technical, super steep, and easy to get lost in. Some club members were running it to scout for their upcoming 50K, and I tagged along. Holy @#$# I have never worked harder to cover such a short distance. 6 mile run took 2 hours and not for lack of effort, as the HR shows. It was great, but I am glad I'm not doing that in the middle of a 50K.