Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies # 209 (Read 26 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

London AGAIN did a non-update update by saying they need 10 more days to make an announcement. Apparently UK Athletics or however it's called issued a guideline for mass participation running events. So now everybody keeps saying oh, yay, the marathon will happen. If it happens, big if, it won't be a Major when you cannot have participants from all over the world anyway. I bet you in 10 days they will need another 10 days to announce another BS announcement.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

London AGAIN did a non-update update by saying they need 10 more days to make an announcement. Apparently UK Athletics or however it's called issued a guideline for mass participation running events. So now everybody keeps saying oh, yay, the marathon will happen. If it happens, big if, it won't be a Major when you cannot have participants from all over the world anyway. I bet you in 10 days they will need another 10 days to announce another BS announcement.

This from World Athletics (formerly IAAF) President Sebastian Coe,
      “Most of the major marathons have already been cancelled or postponed for the remainder of this year and the evolution of the pandemic makes it difficult to predict if those scheduled for the first half of next year will be able to go ahead,” Coe said.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This from World Athletics (formerly IAAF) President Sebastian Coe,
        “Most of the major marathons have already been cancelled or postponed for the remainder of this year and the evolution of the pandemic makes it difficult to predict if those scheduled for the first half of next year will be able to go ahead,” Coe said.

I am sure they will be shocked and devastated next week when they cancel the race.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

There is a 15 minute contact rule in the UK that is impacting running. They aren't having club (I assume this means elite & sub elite 5ks) because the women would be racing longer than 15 minutes. The men's races would finish under that magic time. I assume the marathon is under similar rules, plus the whole travel issue.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There is a 15 minute contact rule in the UK that is impacting running. They aren't having club (I assume this means elite & sub elite 5ks) because the women would be racing longer than 15 minutes. The men's races would finish under that magic time. I assume the marathon is under similar rules, plus the whole travel issue.

Someone from the UK told me the government was planning on lifting the social distancing rules by November, bahahaha.

Do people still think we are going back to the normal we had before? That's not how it works.

Damaris

onemile

Do people still think we are going back to the normal we had before? That's not how it works.

as soon as the election is over

(I have seriously heard people say that)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

as soon as the election is over

(I have seriously heard people say that)

Me too. 

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Me too. 

Yep, the virus miraculously goes away on November 4