Beginners and Beyond

Don't melt SunDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

80F + 72F here. 

cjones1

I'll raise you to 82+77. Smile  wanted to run 12, wanted to quit after 6, settled on 8. Now I've had 30 minutes uninterrupted to sit and drink my coffee and watch the British Open. It's only a matter of time before the Avalanche of tiny feet start heading my way.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Half Crazy K 2.0

81F + 79F according to the questionable TV station, 84F + 73F according to accuweather. Either way, I am glad DH wanted to go to his parents house this morning instead of me doing a 5k. I almost broke a sweat walking halfway down the driveway for my paper. I'll run later this evening.

Little Blue

Good morning, sweaty people!  5 miserable on the rail trail.  76+75 at the start. 81+76 now.  Aiming toward 95 today.  Blech,

But has anyone noticed the days getting shroter?  The sun pops over the trees just a bit later in the morning.  Not long now, and it will cool down.

Ha.

cjones1

But has anyone noticed the days getting shroter?  The sun pops over the trees just a bit later in the morning.  Not long now, and it will cool down.

Yes, my runs are close to starting in the dark again.  Which I don't mind because I'm over this heat in the worst way.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Cyberic

24 km (14.9 miles), 69.5*F DP, FFS! In the summer like this, I'm glad I live in the north compared to most of you.

Little Blue

24 km (14.9 miles), 69.5*F DP, FFS! In the summer like this, I'm glad I live in the north compared to most of you.

Thank you for the *F temp.  I can almost do kilometers, but celsius is completely beyond me!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

87F/76F here this morning.  So I'm heading to the TM for my 12 in a few (feels like 94F/74F now).

Damaris

LRB

My intention was 10 but knew I would hit 40 miles at 8 so that is what I did.

That gives me my first 40 mile week since the start of this season's misfortunes back in March.

Finished in 83F + 73F, FFS. Ran it on the trail so it was partially covered or I would have melted into a pile of shit out in full sun.

That gives me my first 40 mile week since the start of this season's misfortunes back in March.

Nice!

LR in the AC is today's plan.

Cyberic

Finished in 83F + 73F, FFS. Ran it on the trail so it was partially covered or I would have melted into a pile of shit out in full sun.

And other than the weather, body feeling good with the increased miles?

onemile

Nice.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Thank you for the *F temp.  I can almost do kilometers, but celsius is completely beyond me!

Quick reference points:

0C   = 32F

5C   = 41F

10C = 50F

15C = 59F

20C = 68F

25C = 77F

30C = 86F

35C = 95F

You don't want to see it above that!!!

Every 5 degrees C takes it up 9 degrees F.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

And other than the weather, body feeling good with the increased miles?

I should have been a rapper, or a wrapper. Trouble is, I am no good at either of them.

outoftheblue

Nice job there, LRB.

I realized I posted in the wrong thread again.  Saturday, Sunday,  shish.

Life is good.