Beginners and Beyond

Speedy Saurdailies (Read 33 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

It is way too early to be up. Having my coffee and bagel and thinking positive fast thoughts (thanks Cyberic) for my 5k. It's gray and dreary out, which sucks because it is probably going to keep day of registrations down. Normally that's not something I worry about, but this event supports various programs where I work, so more people equals more money! Plus it kinda sucks for he volunteers. What do you have for today?

on my way to badass

Good morning dalies!

Thinking fast thoughts and high participation for you HCK2.0.

Track workout for me today.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  Good luck in your 5K, Crazy K!

9.5 hours of sleep and it still doesn't feel like enough.  I'm fixing to head out for a 50-60 mile bike ride with DW, followed by a short brick run (run immediately after ride).

Enjoy your Saturday, people!

<3

Cyberic

It is way too early to be up. Having my coffee and bagel and thinking positive fast thoughts (thanks Cyberic) for my 5k. It's gray and dreary out, which sucks because it is probably going to keep day of registrations down. Normally that's not something I worry about, but this event supports various programs where I work, so more people equals more money! Plus it kinda sucks for he volunteers. What do you have for today?

Hey, I'll have positive fast thoughts for you. I don't need any for myself, just yet, so I might as well practice on you 

Sucks about the weather. Hopefully you guys will still meet your goal for numbers of registrations.

I'm thinking I might do a 10K next Saturday instead of the weekend after. This one is more expensive ($35 instead of $15), but is also closer to my place. I can get to this one by running (about 5K), by bike, by car, by bus, by subway... And it is my traditional Spring event. Did the 10k two years ago, and the 5K last year. Since I'm past the early registration anyways, I can wait until Thursday to register, so I pretty much know what the weather is going to be like. If I don't do it, I can still do the other one the next weekend.

Today, I'll run for 75-80 minutes during DD's soccer practice.

Good luck to all who are racing today (3 half-marathons in the April racing thread + HCK's 5K).

LRB

Grey and dreary is wonderful to race in. So you've got that going for you.

LRB

Track workout for me today.

I'm chomping at the bit to get back at it.

onemile

Fast happy thoughts. Fast happy thoughts.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good luck Half Crazy!!!

It is dark and dreary outside, Jetta and I were up and out the door just before 5 AM with plans to try and get in 7 miles. By mile 3 it started sprinkling and then by mile 5 it was a bit more than a drizzle, I should've left my phone at home.

Jetta and I ended up running 9.1 miles this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Good luck Half Crazy!!!

It is dark and dreary outside, Jetta and I were up and out the door just before 5 AM with plans to try and get in 7 miles. By mile 3 it started sprinkling and then by mile 5 it was a bit more than a drizzle, I should've left my phone at home.

Jetta and I ended up running 9.1 miles this morning.

I thought your post would finish with a shorter than 7 miles run, but I was wrong it seems.

DavePNW

Slept in till nearly 5:30, for a glorious 7 hours.

Grey and dreary is wonderful to race in. So you've got that going for you.

+1. WTF is wrong with people who don't show up for that. Good luck HC5K!

Out for a short one in a little bit.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I thought your post would finish with a shorter than 7 miles run, but I was wrong it seems.

first time since LBLM that I actually ran more than i planned. It felt good to run for over an hour.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Half Crazy K 2.0

The fast happy thoughts worked. 26:10, fastest5k since November 2014.

I was quite comfy in my tank, but this is a family centered event, so thinking the weather will scare off the non runners.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The fast happy thoughts worked. 26:10, fastest5k since November 2014.

I was quite comfy in my tank, but this is a family centered event, so thinking the weather will scare off the non runners.

Congrats!! Great job!

PRs

DavePNW

Dave

onemile

I ran a 5k at a 6:26 pace... in 20:08