WhySoEarly Saterdailies (Read 32 times)

No more marathons

Oh, yeah.  Race.

What cha got.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Cup of coffee (or three), a banana, and then off to the races.

8:55 AM start.

Just looked my racing record up.  This will be my first non-senior games 10K in two years.  This same race in 2015.

Wow - didn't realize it had been that long.

Fun times.

More than 600 preregistered so might hit the 1000 mark.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Good luck bluesky!

I ran 8.2 miles.  I hit a groove about 5 miles in, and went on autopilot. The mind and body were both so relaxed, it was nearly spiritual.  I was sad when I saw my driveway.  Sign me up for another dose of that asap.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

Good luck Bluesky and DaveP!

LRB

I ran 8.2 miles.  I hit a groove about 5 miles in, and went on autopilot. The mind and body were both so relaxed, it was nearly spiritual.  I was sad when I saw my driveway.  Sign me up for another dose of that asap.

Wonderful.

LRB

Just looked my racing record up.  This will be my first non-senior games 10K in two years.  This same race in 2015.

2016 was the first year I didn't run a 10k at all. They are miserable but gratifying.

LRB

It wasn't all continuous, but when added up, I slept like like a fucking baboon last night! That shit just doesn't happen for me. Ever. Cool

Anyway, it's 38 (on its way to 51) and foggy. I'm not sure if I will wear shorts or not, the thought just seems weird.

onemile

It wasn't all continuous, but when added up, I slept like like a fucking baboon last night! That shit just doesn't happen for me. Ever. Cool

Anyway, it's 38 (on its way to 51) and foggy. I'm not sure if I will wear shorts or not, the thought just seems weird.

I was thinking I would wear shorts but I'm not running til this afternoon

LRB

I was thinking I would wear shorts but I'm not running til this afternoon

By then, the decision might be a no-brainer.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

2016 was the first year I didn't run a 10k at all. They are miserable but gratifying.

I have a streak going back to 1989 of running my age or faster in minutes in a 10K.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I have a streak going back to 1989 of running my age or faster in minutes in a 10K.

Hmm, does that get harder or easier?

delicate flower

Hello.  Coach scheduled me for a 5K today, but I am skiing instead.  Heh.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hmm, does that get harder or easier?

Some years it was harder and I barely made it, other years I was many minutes under. Needless to say it was nearly impossible to even contemplate until I was in my 40s when I increased my training load after 4-5 years of maintenance running. The closest before that was running 36:11 when I was 35 though there was some question of the course accuracy since it wasn't certified.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Some years it was harder and I barely made it, other years I was many minutes under. Needless to say it was nearly impossible to even contemplate until I was in my 40s when I increased my training load after 4-5 years of maintenance running. The closest before that was running 36:11 when I was 35 though there was some question of the course accuracy since it wasn't certified.

That's quite an accomplishment.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Last night was very painful with that shot. Most painful I have been ever. But woke up feeling much better.

Took the car to the shop to finish the work but Lincoln sent the wrong part, sigh. Back home.

Damaris