Beginners and Beyond

Sub-0 windchill WednesDAILIES (Read 36 times)

GinnyinPA

Bluerun - any chance of mosquito bites? West Nile presents as flu-like.

I ran 6.3 this afternoon. It was 33 and sunny, so a nice day for February. I was warm while running, but afterwards, in the grocery, my hands went dead and white. This winter has been worse than usual already for my Reynauds. The other day my fingers were very blue by the time I got home after going to the store post-run. They're fine while I'm running, and usually my hands are sweating after a couple of miles, even in light gloves, but if I don't get into a hot shower right away, my hands freeze.

bluerun

Super B****

Shockingly enough, I made it back from a tropical location without a single mosquito bite! So not West Nile. Which is good, I guess?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Shockingly enough, I made it back from a tropical location without a single mosquito bite! So not West Nile. Which is good, I guess?

Jellyfish stings?

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Jellyfish stings?

As if a jellyfish could sting me through all the wetsuits I was wearing?! I didn’t see any jellyfish, anyway. I did wonder about DCS but it doesn’t make sense for it to not hit until a few days later, and I’ve never heard of fatigue as a delayed symptom

MTA I just learned of the existence of “decompression stress.” Interesting. But unlikely.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

As if a jellyfish could sting me through all the wetsuits I was wearing?!

I was just trying to be funny, but apparently neglected to use the proper emoji to convey said hilarity.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not only West Nile, but zika, dengue, and chikunguya depending on where you were.  I'm a ray of sunshine I know.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I was just trying to be funny, but apparently neglected to use the proper emoji to convey said hilarity.

Your sarcasm font is broken, that's why.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

I was him once. I used to look at my family eating some of the things they ate at dinner like they were from outer space (or maybe I was?). The thing that got to me the most was how they could pull a fish out of the water, and then eat it. Omg that thing was JUST alive. And don't even bring up eating fresh chicken when we visited the south, I would get sick to my stomach; "They killed a chicken and then cooked it!" lol

But yes, to your point, you eventually lose all reservations and join the rest of the world. What the experience did for me as a parent however was not make my kids eat things they didn't want to eat. Unlike me, who was threatened with violence if I didn't eat the vile and disgusting things my family was eating, I gave my kids a choice. The lucky bastards.

Oh I'm with you - my youngest brought food with him. I also don't make my kids eat food they don't like. I'm just assuming he'll eventually come around. Big grin

delicate flower

On a work project conf call right now.  Lady who is retiring tomorrow just suggested it be ME to take over leading her daily 8:00 AM meetings.  My response was "hahahahalololohahaha NO!!"  (I'm paraphrasing there)

<3