Beginners and Beyond

Where there's a will, there's WednesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

onemile

I'm just being quiet and lurking lately. After a debate with myself this past weekend I decided to take a few days off from running, as I've begun to wake up stiff in my upper right quad, hell this morning it was everywhere in my right leg from hip to knee  I just didn't want to say anything, I am in denial and I know most will say the IMM isn't going to happen this year, and I don't want to hear it 

I am feeling better now, I've been foam rolling like crazy and icing and taking it easy, I've got a massage tonight,  told her my issues and I expect pain or discomfort at the least. I figured I was going to lurk and wait until I had good news, like waking up not stiff, and able to run without this kind of discomfort. I've actually been reading every post on the dailies since Monday, every single one which is rare for me. I am just depressed and angry with myself, I should've taken a few days off 3 weeks ago but didn't listen, hell there has been one huge sign almost everyday for the past 5-6 months.....but I ignored it 

Okay, I posted.

I wake up stiff and sore every morning. I hobble like an 80 year old to the bathroom. I thought it was normal. 

LRB

I've actually been reading every post on the dailies since Monday, every single one which is rare for me.

That'll cause depression alright!

Don't throw in the towel yet, there's still time to get things in order.

Cyberic

I wake up stiff and sore every morning. I hobble like an 80 year old to the bathroom. I thought it was normal. 

I was like that when training for a 5K. All that speed work was killing my body. Marathon training, although more demanding calorie wise (I'm so skinny it's scary), is not as hard on my carcass.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not for me, Monday I tried 1-2 miles and gave up at .5, I mean sore or stiff in the back can be normal for me but not where these were hitting. For the last 5-6 months anytime my knees were bent in a 90 degree angle or more, both thighs (adductor,  quad and hammies) would just cease up, like a freaking charlie horse, but not during my runs so I ignored it. But by last Friday I could feel hints of that same sensation just walking or going down some stairs.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

That's what I'm doing the first 3 miles of my run, hobbling FFS.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Let me just say my fave "position" was becoming a very hated position. .....

I ain't giving up, I am getting to that starting line and finishing come hell or high water, I am too freaking stubborn and

bullheaded to just give up.

But I am promising my body 1-2 weeks of no running afterwards.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

Let me just say my fave "position" was becoming a very hated position. .....

I ain't giving up, I am getting to that starting line and finishing come hell or high water, I am too freaking stubborn and

bullheaded to just give up.

But I am promising my body 1-2 weeks of no running afterwards.

Well there's bull headed and then there's stupid. The line between the two is thin. Be smart.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yep. The guy who helped me after I nose dived on Sunday told me as you get old you don't recover as quick. He easily had 15 years on me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is!  My previously torn ligament wakes up every time thinking it's torn again and that bone that was dislocated thinks it still is.  Every damn fucking morning.

Andrea, nothing is going to help until you stop or lower those weight training sessions.  Like I said, they are affecting your running and running is not the problem.  Hope you can get back to normal soon.

Damaris

onemile

That's what I'm doing the first 3 miles of my run, hobbling FFS.

Me too.  That first mile is the worst.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yep. The guy who helped me after I nose dived on Sunday told me as you get old you don't recover as quick. He easily had 15 years on me.

Try falling at our age.  When one was 20?  No problem, get back up and nothing happen.  Now you get up from the fall and the body just hurts like you're 80.

And I laugh that the auto correct corrected that 80 to 80F.  I wish.

Damaris

LRB

Me too.  That first mile is the worst.

If I lapped my Garmin at quarter mile intervals for the first mile, you would think I was running backwards with my eyes closed. lol

Running easy by effort though took all the worry out of it thankfully. Where in those early years I absolutely had to run easy at X pace for the entire run, now, I couldn't care less about any of it. It is whatever it is.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Blasphemy. .... damn it. I will not hear it  this is probably the stupid you are referring to LRB. Having both running and lifting my life is like having two husbands or one Hub and a boyfriend  only without the sex and without feeling like a whore, I am severely addicted to both. And doing both actually is very easy for me, but I never lift if my run is over 6 miles.

I injured the same groin area in 2012, started training too soon after Dorian was born. Thought it healed but I felt it start up again last year after the Evansville Half but I knew to take 3-4 days off rather than keep pushing. This time even as that same area hinted problems, I ignored it.

If I could keep my LRs above 16 on average, I will take Mondays completely off, maybe an easy recovery run.

PRs

Cyberic

If I lapped my Garmin at quarter mile intervals for the first mile, you would think I was running backwards with my eyes closed. lol

Running easy by effort though took all the worry out of it thankfully. Where in those early years I absolutely had to run easy at X pace for the entire run, now, I couldn't care less about any of it. It is whatever it is.

I seem to settle in my constant easy pace faster than you, after about 1 mile or so, but there is no glory to that. As you said, easy pace is what it is. If it takes 3 miles to get to that constant pace, so be it. And if some days it is slower than others, again, so be it.

LRB

I seem to settle in my constant easy pace faster than you, after about 1 mile or so, but there is no glory to that. As you said, easy pace is what it is. If it takes 3 miles to get to that constant pace, so be it. And if some days it is slower than others, again, so be it.

So I was to run that hilly course Sunday with two friends. We're about to take off and one of them says he's going out at 8:00 MM, and the other says okay. I was like huh? Wait, what? I'm not doing that! lol

I ended up running sub-8:00's there for awhile but it took some time to get there. Now if I absolutely had to I'm sure I could've, but fuck that stupid shit. See ya at the end yo!