Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES and kicking (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

Cool and crisp here this morning. I'll head out for a speed session before work.

Did I ever tell you that I took my Fridays off work for the rest of the summer? Yup. I did that.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  SRD/travel day, with a stop in Saratoga Springs, NY for breakfast.  Last we went there I took a massive pancake DNF.  I can't let that happen again.

<3

Stayed up till 11:25 hope I would sleep in, woke up at 4:15 anyway. Going to go pool in a second, Farouk at 9...don’t know about later... off work today

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have the 10 with the WTF HMP sets today instead.  And Pilates.

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning!

Blue...congrats on the 5k last night and the big breakthrough!

Babboon....best of luck with that pancake Wink

Cyberic...wow, those 4 day weeks are going to be great.

Daffy...everyone is making me feel badly about working today ha. hope you have a good swim and enjoy the day.

Docket...hope the WTF run doesn't cause you too many troubles.

Group trail run for me tonight. Hoping my buddy that just took 6th at Eastern States 100 is there so we can hear some fun stories about his race.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

bluerun

Super B****

Blue...congrats on the 5k last night and the big breakthrough!

Thanks!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Ran 10 x (2min / 1.5 min) before run commuting to work. Was hitting target pace 5:52 , happy about that.

Got ss during my 7th rep. Thought about stopping. Decided to walk my 1.5min recovery instead of jogging it. Was good for the 8th. Walked again for the first part of the recovery (after the 8th), but realized I was good, so I started jogging again and finished the workout as if nothing happened.

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 9 on the AlterG:

1mile WU
                  -----------
                  7 mile progression:
                  mile 1 MP + 20 sec
                  mile 2 MP + 15 sec
                  mile 3 MP + 10 sec
                  mile 4 MP + 5 sec
                  mile 5 MP + 0 sec
                  mile 6 MP - 5 sec
                  mile 7 MP - 10 sec
                  -----------
                  1 mile CD

...except much to my irritation, there is no set formula to figure out how much faster you can run on the AlterG at a given body weight percentage, so I have no idea what MP is, not that I have any idea what it is off the AlterG either, so I just make it up as I go.

Question for anyone who has the Scosche armband: how often do you charge it? It's supposed to have ten hours of battery life but I feel like even when I charge it once a week (and I only use it on the AlterG and the trainer, which is definitely not ten hours), it ends up dying on me.

chasing the impossible

sdWhiskers

Question for anyone who has the Scosche armband: how often do you charge it? It's supposed to have ten hours of battery life but I feel like even when I charge it once a week (and I only use it on the AlterG and the trainer, which is definitely not ten hours), it ends up dying on me.

I charge once a week and it hasn't died for me yet. That's with 6-8 hours of use each week. The actual arm band is super gross and the velcro barely works anymore...do they sell replacements?

sdWhiskers

RD here.

bluerun

Super B****

I charge once a week and it hasn't died for me yet. That's with 6-8 hours of use each week. The actual arm band is super gross and the velcro barely works anymore...do they sell replacements?

Indeed they do! I like the Rhythym24 strap better because it doesn't have Velcro, but it seems stupid to buy another one when this one is so unreliable. It keeps spiking when I start a run and I have to turn it on and off multiple times until it settles down. And then it just goes dead a few miles later anyway. Lovely!

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

I ran 9 on the AlterG:

1mile WU
                          -----------
                          7 mile progression:
                          mile 1 MP + 20 sec
                          mile 2 MP + 15 sec
                          mile 3 MP + 10 sec
                          mile 4 MP + 5 sec
                          mile 5 MP + 0 sec
                          mile 6 MP - 5 sec
                          mile 7 MP - 10 sec
                          -----------
                          1 mile CD

...except much to my irritation, there is no set formula to figure out how much faster you can run on the AlterG at a given body weight percentage, so I have no idea what MP is, not that I have any idea what it is off the AlterG either, so I just make it up as I go.

Nice progression run, blue!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I went ahead and got my LR in this morning, because I'm sick and tired of my weekends getting screwed up, this weekend is going to be busy and I didn't want to risk it. I've been missing too many runs, and too many LR's damn it.

So 16.1 miles done, I'm fucking tired and ready to sleep.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

'Morning!  SRD/travel day, with a stop in Saratoga Springs, NY for breakfast.  Last we went there I took a massive pancake DNF.  I can't let that happen again.

A good pre-race test of your mental toughness.

5 miles.

The Ryan Hall event was awesome. Will post more later.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Came to the dentist at lunch to do my cleaning and XRays.  Apparently, the shadow that showed an infection in that fucking crown tooth is still there.  He said it could be a scar from the prior infection but never filled with bone.  He thinks I will likely have to extract the tooth and do what we initially planned last time (the implants and stuff), but that so long as I don't have pain, it can wait until the crown is kaput.  I'll check with a new dentist in Indy before deciding.

Damaris