Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES - Enjoy that refreshing new feeling (Read 30 times)

Cyberic

Humidity has (temporarily) dropped. One has to appreciate them small gifts by Mother Nature.

Cyberic

I'm going to test my ankle in a bit. I'm 90% sure it's fine. I just have to decide what kind of workout I'm going to do : miles reps? 800s? 1000s?

Guess it will be a last minute decision.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My child was up til midnight...... I didn't wake til 6 this morning and I'm freaking tired.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey.  With all due apologies to the light sleepers here, I think I have gotten more sleep the past four nights than the average person gets in a week.  It's good for recovery, and I am starting to feel fresh again.  I'm looking at a busy workday here, but at least it should be quiet, as a lot of folks took the day off.  Busy but quiet is good.  Got an easy run later, then dinner at a pub with a bunch of my triathlon club friends for a Mont-Tremblant debrief.  .

<3

bluerun

Super B****

It's FREEZING. Why didn't I take along a jacket?!

Anyway. I ran 5, attempted some intervals but that generally doesn't work out very well on streets because drivers have difficulty grasping the concept that it doesn't matter if they want to turn -- if I have the green light, they need to wait. Except they don't wait.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Amazing weather this morning. I ran 9 miles with 3 tempo.

4+1, four on slight incline decline with left and right modest roadcrown ...  rickety but passable.  Then one on hills, middle ham insanely weak, seriously sucked.... but I did eek it out.. it’s a beginning.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

3.8 slow, crappy miles.  Hammy tendon was ok for the first mile and then progressively worse.

Pretty sure I'm skipping the Crim race tomorrow and riding the stationary bike for a couple days to see if I can get past this thing...always something and this one seemed to come out of the blue. I think I must have strained it doing some leg strength stuff Monday morning, then sat all day at work, then at a work dinner, then at a neighborhood meeting. I think that resulted in it getting really tight then the run Tuesday probably really aggravated it.

Funny how stuff like this, or not running enough in general, makes you feel really crappy. Running really is addictive.

LRB

8 miles in 57 degrees. I felt like a butterfly. 🦋

LRB

Oh, and the Idiot of The Year award goes to me. Yesterday's run was my first in the yellow Libertys. They felt extremely spongy and the right shoe in particular felt as if it was coming off. They "disappeared" whenever my stride increased though so I thought maybe they just needed to be broken in. Well, this morning when I went to take the insoles out to put in another pair of shoes, I realized that I never took the stock insole out of the right shoe! How does that happen?? 

onemile

8 miles in 57 degrees. I felt like a butterfly. 🦋

the forecast for the next 10 days looks lovely 

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Might be a quiet weekend for me - leaving today to do my annual get together with my college soccer buddies. I can usually get in at least one hung over run, but we'll see how it goes!

Hope you all have good weekends of running and get to enjoy some more favorable temps.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

No cardio, and no mental this morning. Ankle is fine, though. Did 3 x (1 mile / 1 minute) and I was toast after that.

LRB

I'm going to test my ankle in a bit. I'm 90% sure it's fine. I just have to decide what kind of workout I'm going to do : miles reps? 800s? 1000s?

Guess it will be a last minute decision.

What happened to your ankle? I must've missed it.

LRB

the forecast for the next 10 days looks lovely 

The summer hasn't been really bad at all (at least in the mornings) but you're right, this morning was amazing!