Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #160 (Read 33 times)

1. Sing along...

It's a beautiful mornin'
      I think I'll go outside a while,
      An just smile.
      Just take in some clean fresh air, boy
      Ain't no sense in stayin' inside
      If the weather's fine and you got the time.
      It's your chance to wake up and plan another brand new day.
      Either way,
      It's a beautiful mornin' 😀

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sMQsTZkV9ns

Off today hopefully Burke Lake tomorrow

I didn’t see it but there was a bear  where I was running yesterday morning.  yesterday I did ‘bowl  hills”,  down a modest hill, across 120 yard foot bridge, up the other side and back and forth across the bridge four times....Well yesterday afternoon someone was taking pictures from the foot bridge of a bear:

It’s by the elementary schools where my sons went

https://mobile.twitter.com/cakedivasnet/status/1269713452957827072

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sheesh. 

I have an RD or 6. Likely I'll take the RD today. I have a meeting of creditors and a court hearing back to back so not sure when the day will end.

Damaris

Cyberic

HS Monday, ran 11+

DavePNW

This pic posted on the community FB page, taken not far from us. They may shit in the woods, but they like to take a stroll through the neighborhood. 

Dave

DavePNW

7 miles.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Daffy Duck, with everything else going on in the DC area, that poor bear is not going to get his 15 minutes of TV recognition At least here in Baltimore, any time a bear gets seen, it usually makes the news.

sdWhiskers

Just 3 miles.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The Chicago Marathon sent an email and posted an announcement today. Today starts training for the marathon. We can't say if the event is going to happen, but.

OK...

Damaris

DavePNW

The Chicago Marathon sent an email and posted an announcement today. Today starts training for the marathon. We can't say if the event is going to happen, but.

OK...

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

OK...

We aren't going to cancel, but if the permit is revoked....

KCRuns

OK...

Part of the problem will be spectators, there’s usually about a million people cheering along the course. I think they’ll end up canceling, but I didn’t like the “unique options” if they do cancel. I’m not running it virtually.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They should have canceled weeks ago. The longer they take, the more people will lose on reservations and other costs. I doubt Chicago will have mass gatherings of this magnitude this year.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

From the spectator angle, for the larger races going through residential neighborhoods, I wonder how this will play out?  In Baltimore, it seems like a lot of people use the race as an excuse to start drinking at 8am since they are stuck, but many offer to share with runners. I assume this will be discouraged?

In the RRCA guidance doc, someone had done the math for the LA marathon regarding social distancing at the start. It would have needed to be close to 4 miles long to have proper spacing. I'm sure everyone wants to shuffle along in a line for 4 miles before running 26.2.

Runshortii

I ran 8. I did a leg workout on Friday and my legs are still trashed. Hence why I never do leg workouts 

That Chicago Marathon email was just dumb