Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

weekly thread: June 29 - July 5 (Read 350 times)

running buddies

runswithdogs, you are bike training these days still, right? How's that going? Nope, that's not me. I think you were thinking of jb944. I haven't been on my bike all summer. Sad I've been dealing with my kids and work a lot, and that's probably why I'm not gleeful. Or maybe I'm just getting old. Welcome, Muffin! It's great that you are getting started with this program. Glad to have you here. Jennicap - get all your running stuff together and put it in the bathroom. Then set your alarm for 10 minutes earlier than you need to. That way when it goes off, you'll have 10 minutes to think about how much better your day will go if you just get out of that bed and stumble into the bathroom. Get your running clothes on, and go for a "walk". And then after 5 minutes or so, maybe you'll be able to get a little running in, too. Don't try to pick up exactly where you left off, just do something. There, now you know how I get myself outside in the mornings. I also have two wet black noses poking me out of bed, but not everyone has that issue. Moonstar - a hydrorider sounds like fun! Or slightly dangerous.
    "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)
      Welcome Muffin! I think you'll find that everyone on here is really great. Everyone offers great support and advice. Smile I rand W4D2 back at home today and it was a struggle but I got through it. It is super hot today... 82 degrees and my body was throbing hot. The end of my 1st minute interval was up a steep hill but I pushed through it. I just kept thinking about the nice downhill second half of my run. Big grin I was surprised how far 5 minutes got me. My last 5 minute interval was also up hill, no shade so my face was burning. There was a nice breeze off the lake, but it was blowing at me so the cool down was much welcomed. How does everyone else deal with running in the heat?

The young Mama Bear!

Welcome Muffin! I think you'll find that everyone on here is really great. Everyone offers great support and advice. Smile I rand W4D2 back at home today and it was a struggle but I got through it. It is super hot today... 82 degrees and my body was throbing hot. The end of my 1st minute interval was up a steep hill but I pushed through it. I just kept thinking about the nice downhill second half of my run. Big grin I was surprised how far 5 minutes got me. My last 5 minute interval was also up hill, no shade so my face was burning. There was a nice breeze off the lake, but it was blowing at me so the cool down was much welcomed. How does everyone else deal with running in the heat?
        Water. Lots and lots of water. Over the head, down the chute. Panting. Tongue
        Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
        Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
          I finished OHR week three on saturday and my D1W4 run went really well. It was late at night and very cool so my asthma was in check. I really can't wait to start adding time to my runs cause I feel a bit like a caged animal. I love running so much and just wish I could go longer.
          You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
          theyapper

On the road again...

I finished OHR week three on saturday and my D1W4 run went really well. It was late at night and very cool so my asthma was in check. I really can't wait to start adding time to my runs cause I feel a bit like a caged animal. I love running so much and just wish I could go longer.
            We're in the same week and day of OHR. Tomorrow will be my W4D2 run and I'm glad to finally be able to start adding time to the runs. Hope it goes well for you!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hi all~! I'm new. I'm 15 and trying to get in shape, so I started C25K last night (W1D1). This site says I "ran" 16:27 minute miles. I feel really accomplished, but I struggled to get through it. Hopefully my next run (tomorrow) will be slightly easier! Big grin
              Hi Muffin, Great that you are getting started. Take it nice and steady, your own pace and build it up over the weeks. I can't guarantee that it "feels" easier, but you will get better and better. Definitely don't worry about the pace. Just keep moving forwards!

The young Mama Bear!

Hi all~! I'm new. I'm 15 and trying to get in shape, so I started C25K last night (W1D1). This site says I "ran" 16:27 minute miles. I feel really accomplished, but I struggled to get through it. Hopefully my next run (tomorrow) will be slightly easier! Big grin
                Good on you for starting the program! Don't worry, it gets easier to deal with. You actually start looking forward to it. Wink
                Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                zzz

hey everyone.... this has been a crazy week/weekend. my last run was thursday night and then life got in the daggone way. one of my gf had her baby so we had her son overnight before the delivery.... my oldest has had softball games back to back for most of the week and i just didn't have a mind to set aside time to run.... but anyway my running partnerand i are going tonight to start week2.... we'll do a wed-fri-sun week and then pick up to a tues-thur-sat and keep it there so eventually when we reach long runs we'll have them on sats. sounds like everyone is doing great... aside from sore knees and racing with slugs. Wink hope you all are having a great week!! my kids are away for the rest of the week in NC so DH and I will just be hanging out having us time... in between runs of course. c-ya Big grin
                    Hello again everybody. Started into Week 8 and the first 28 min run tonight. Completed 2.5 miles and felt pretty good afterwards. It's only an extra two minutes next week, and it feels attainable again.

50 halfs by age 50

Finished W6D2 today. I stretched it to 3 miles but the last part after the C25K program was just walking. Welcome Muffin! goddess...for running in heat/humidity,hydration, even on the shortest of SR. I sweat a lot and live in SW FL. I'm still running outside for LR on Sat, but most of my C25K runs are on the TM in the a/c.

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

My mom went on my second run with me. I feel like it was easier to get through, I went faster than last time, but on the walking breaks I'd walk back to my mom. She's shorter than me, so she's slower. She's excited to start the program with me. Smile Thanks for all the welcomes! Big grin
                        MoonStar

Actually you don't go anywhere on the hydrorider. It's a stationary bike... It's fun, but hard to get there at the right time to do the class. Running is much easier to fit in my schedule. I seem to end up on the TM alot to avoid the humidity, also much easier on the shins.
                          zzz

OK so Laurie (running partner extraordinaire) completed day one of week 2 and loved it.... i was able to talk pretty well through the running portioins but was pretty winded when it came time to walk... but we finished and our pace was 12:+ minute mile... not going to win the Boston but a lot better than 16 min W1D1 last week. Quitting smoking has made such a huge difference!!!!! 9 days smoke free!!! What exactly is a hydrorider? Going to have to look this up. Ahhh ok cool.... that looks like fun!!
                            theyapper

On the road again...

Did my OHR W4D2 run. Was on the treadmill again but felt fine. I really fought boredom, but covered 2.7 miles in the 29:00. Friday is my first "long" run - 35 minutes. Can't wait!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Wingz

Professional Noob

Charts updated. Big grin Welcome to JennerVT and Muffin! Smile Anyone seen PolePole, kiwirunning, Yelie, or colinw?

Roads were made for journeys...