Masters Running

Wed Apr 29 Runs and Workouts (Read 517 times)

Amy - that is so cool! We all knew he was a hero, of course. I hope he qualifies on the medical evaluation. I got a bit of my speed back today too. 6 miles at 9:12 pace - which is peppy for me. Bella, Emmitt and Jasper are so darn cute!!!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

King of PhotoShop

Hang in there Aamos. That sounds like the right approach. (And take care of those pesky Blue Jays will you?) BTW, my valve, although tissue, comes from Medtronic. Took Riblet to school, walked over to the school track, set my stuff down, did a 2.5 mile warm-up, picked up my stuff, walked to the car and drove home. Some days you have it, and some days you don't. I didn't expect to be tired today but I was. Here is my week so far: Sunday: 8 easy Monday: 3.5 easy Tuesday: 5 easy Wednesday: 3 slow, followed by flex/core workout at the Y (jogged .5 at the Y) I am going back to the track tomorrow and try it again. Dinner with Busiman tonight. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey, I'm assuming your DH passed his return to work test?
        Yup, he's back to work, although sadly that means he's pretty much given up "helping around the house." I got spoiled by the unaccustomed cleanliness. I hate that term, btw (helping around the house). Helping who? Me? Why is it MY job? (Obviously I'm not doing it very well) But he does most of the laundry, so I'm not complaining. Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Some days you have it, and some days you don't.
          Thank you. I needed to hear that. For some reason I can't drag my butt outta bed at 4:30 when I don't get to bed 'til 10:30. What's that all about?? Tongue I have to get to bed earlier - somehow. So, because of my inability to pull myself out of snooze state, I didn't get up in time to get my 3 miles in, but I did do my hour of core/strength. While doing my bicep curls, slightly pulled something in my forearm. No big deal, but I could actually see where the muscle was bulging a tad in the spot that felt pulled. Weird! Never seen that before. It wasn't like "OMG!!" Shocked, but a general, well, isn't that interesting (poke, poke). Hmm. Suppose to be nice (but probably windy) today, with 40% chance of rain, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - - and the Avenue of the Giants run is this weekend. Maybe the trees will help dissipate some of the moisture. Undecided (No, I'm not running it.) Mary - Too dang cute, those puppies are.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

I hate that term, btw (helping around the house). Helping who? Me? Why is it MY job? (Obviously I'm not doing it very well)
            Oh don't even get me started! And DH says "well if you'd lower your standards some, we'd feel like doing more" Now WTF does THAT mean? And lower my standards? Good God, man, do you not see the state of this house?? If I lowered my standards anymore I'd just move to the dog house! I moved the ottoman the other day, looking for the TV remote, and was shocked to see all the crap under there... pretzels, popcorn, pennies, rubber bands, cat hair clumps, OMG it was gross. "Don't you boys ever move the furniture when you vacuum??" I yelled. Got back these cow-faces with big eyes, like "gee, we're s'posed to do that?" And why can't boys pee IN the toilet? These aren't toddlers, mind you... they're 14 and 17, and the back of the toilet is revolting!!! Oh geez... now Holly's got me all riled up. Time to go find an intern to yell at....
              Good mid- morning from the Far West Coast. We had planned on rain today, but the sun is out ,and it is beautiful. I am as excited as can be, because Sat. is the Eugene 5K for me with DD1, DGS4, and Econo. Then the pasta dinner where I hope to meet some of you who will be in Eugene running the Marathon,and Half. I'll be hanging out at the Expo too. I mimic you real runners, and have been training for the past several weeks for this 5K. My log is not recording on the graph Confused, so you can't see a couple of days, but I have been on a roll. Now this is my "taper" week, and today I will only do a repeat day on the C25K, and then probably take Th and Fri off. That schedule is what I did before the Napa 5K, and I did a PR. Now I want to beat that PR. Only thing is that I am recovering from a minor cold. Nuts. Aamos - I read your posts for the good humor. Rashers, indeed Big grin LOL. Also your remark last week about Hans Christian Anderson!!! Hey, don't let those judges get to you. Big heads. Get out and run like crazy around the block, or up and down the stairway at lunch break. Hopeful4ever, Hi to Brinkley from Robbydog, who chased away bunch of elk and a bobcat from my road last week Hey Econo. Is there a list of RA people, or others I might know who will be in Eugene? Happy Today!
                Oh don't even get me started! And DH says "well if you'd lower your standards some, we'd feel like doing more" Now WTF does THAT mean? And lower my standards? Good God, man, do you not see the state of this house?? If I lowered my standards anymore I'd just move to the dog house! I moved the ottoman the other day, looking for the TV remote, and was shocked to see all the crap under there... pretzels, popcorn, pennies, rubber bands, cat hair clumps, OMG it was gross. "Don't you boys ever move the furniture when you vacuum??" I yelled. Got back these cow-faces with big eyes, like "gee, we're s'posed to do that?" ...
                .....I have to get in on this--there's also under the sofa cushions and using the vacuum wand up along the walls--maybe not all the time, but when you vacuum a room and there is a cobweb on the ceiling light or at the doorframe visible to the naked eye? Confused Thanks for all your kind words, everyone. Ribs--you should apply to be a Hero! We're not even Medtronic! grins, A
                Masters 2000 miles

Marathon Maniac #3309

Oh don't even get me started! And DH says "well if you'd lower your standards some, we'd feel like doing more" Now WTF does THAT mean? And lower my standards? Good God, man, do you not see the state of this house?? If I lowered my standards anymore I'd just move to the dog house! I moved the ottoman the other day, looking for the TV remote, and was shocked to see all the crap under there... pretzels, popcorn, pennies, rubber bands, cat hair clumps, OMG it was gross. "Don't you boys ever move the furniture when you vacuum??" I yelled. Got back these cow-faces with big eyes, like "gee, we're s'posed to do that?" And why can't boys pee IN the toilet? These aren't toddlers, mind you... they're 14 and 17, and the back of the toilet is revolting!!! Oh geez... now Holly's got me all riled up. Time to go find an intern to yell at....
                  I miss being married and having kids at home Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hallar - yes I still plan on running the Riverbank but I am not planning on having a PR or anything. I just hope the weather is decent seeing as I might be out there for a while!! Wink I hope you are feeling good for it! Erika - your rant about helping around the house is priceless!! I don't have boys .... but I do have a 20 year old daughter home from college and she is a slob ..... I can't believe she belongs to me!! Roll eyes Good luck to your DH Aamos. That sounds like a really kewl program! Rochrunner - they were talking on the news about the little dog that blew away in the wind Saturday .... in Rochester, MI!
                    Mary, they are so adorable!! Do you give them their registered names? Or can the owners name them? How big do they get?
                    We just give them little call names of our own to help us keep them all straight. They each have a different color ribbon on them to help the identification process too - but saying "pink girl" or "blue boy" just isnt' very fun or clever. The owner's get to name them, but they have to use our Kennel name in the registered name. The females will get to around 55-60 pounds, and the males 65-70 pounds. Right now they are at a whopping 3 - 4 pounds.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

TammyinGP

Glad I popped in today to see those adorable pups! And I also see that Breger has yet another new nickname. Little Booger. Isn't that cute?? Tongue I'm so very thankful that my husband and I have the same habits when it comes to housecleaning - both neat, don't like clutter, like things picked up and put in its proper place. I guess we are both neatniks and both share equally is maintaining the house. We certainly don't butt heads or have arguments about that. Haven't run since my race on Saturday - so three days of slackerdom but I think I'm finally on the tail-end of my cough, cold, swine flu malady, so plan to get in a run today - probably this evening after work - only 3 or 4 miles though.

Tammy

My log is not recording on the graph Confused, so you can't see a couple of days, but I have been on a roll.
                        Woods, I took the liberty of looking at your log. I see you had runs on the 23 and the 25 that aren't on the graph. Go to your log and then go to "workouts" on the left column. Go to your run on the 23rd, and on the right side of that entry choose "edit". That should bring up the run entry for that day. Look in "workout details" and make sure to choose a "workout type" of run. I think that's why it's not showing up on the graph. Same thing for the 25th. Yes, you are on a roll and good luck with the upcoming 5k. You're doing mahvelous! OOOHHHH wait....you have chosen workout activity as C25K instead of run......maybe that's why it's not showing up. Try changing the workout activity to run instead of C25K.
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          This is me being very quiet about housework. And hoping we don't get PDR started. Blush

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

TammyinGP

This is me being very quiet about housework. And hoping we don't get PDR started. Blush
                            just incase PDR skims and misses your post Tongue btw: just how many cat turds did you find Lou? Big grin

Tammy

Aamos pretty cool about your DH as a hero! I hope he makes it through the screen. Woods Lady not for the race but I will be arriving in town tomorrow! Hopefully, tomorrow I will have the honor of meeting our esteemed poster Econo for dinner. It turns out making plans has been a bit complicated. We were all set for dinner then I found out my schedule included a dinner elsewhere. So she suggested breakfast, but in the meantime I tried to beg off the other dinner and was successful. So now I have emailed her back to see if dinner is still ok and waiting to hear. I sure hope it is since otherwise I should undo, my undoing of the dinner! Yikes! Shocked Coordination is somehow never as easy as one might hope!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

8 miles ez along the rideau canal. Shaping up to be a 75 mile week. Tomorrow is 25X400 in 1:22 (ugh). The sun cheered me up today. My lawyer called to say my ex-wife and her lawyer upped the demands and they refused to give me tax relief unless I sign what she wants. We had to refuse as it was a cash grab. Ugh...It's so sad, I have tried to keep everything so civil over the last 18 months for the sake of the kids, but unfortunately it's now time to to raise the ante and take the offensive. I know everyone will lose but what else can one do when no one is listening. Black eye I am sure things will look better in a few months. Here's hoping. Hopefully everybody is having a better day than me. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently