Masters Running

Your Thursday Daily Today! 10/19 (Read 46 times)

Ditto, Holly. Ditch the doc!  And all references to fat cows!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Calling Holly a "fat cow" is like calling me "tall"...

I did 7 miles, today.  About 4 miles was doing 400 meter repeats with various different groups on the team.  Even though I can't push the varsity boys, I still have fun with the top girls and JV boys.  They're all fun to be with.  Only 2 1/2 weeks left, though, so I have to enjoy every second and every mile while I can.

Okay--that's it.  Gotta go.  See ya!

wildchild

Carolyn

Twocat, your recap before the day even started was pretty funny!  Yeah, I ran over 5 mountains with no oxygen (5.2 miles in Golden Gate Canyon State park) - but luckily no airplanes were involved!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, an easy 5 today.  Didn't have time to do more (Thursdays tend to be meeting hell day at my current unit).

Opus, congrats to your team!

DAW, good to hear from you, enjoy Asheville.

Holly, wow.  That would be my last visit to that doctor.

catwhoorg

Labrat

12 Hilly miles on the bike at Lunch, up and over the ridge near work a total of 4 times, two by the steepest route I know.

8 easy paced run miles after work.

Fun at the local (and DD's) school. Fire drill early this week, I think it was Monday

For real evacuation today, but it was due to vent cleaning triggering up enough dust to set of the alarm. Still went amazingly well by all reports. 7 Fire trucks pulled up very quickly and gave the all clear. Guess they really don't mess round when a school alarm goes off.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

I did some running today, too. About 10k about 50 minutes. Just logging miles toward the weekly total.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Just a short 2 1/2 miles before supper. What a beautiful summer-like evening. The sun goes down atl 6:30 so that's no fun. I didn't even mind, the 17 mile South wind. I even did som jigs and jogs to make the route exactly 2.5. ,,,, that's been bugging me for a while. Ya 'know that I always code my runs "Easy" in my log but none of them are.

leslie, that Chiro sounds like a good one on all counts. Crossing all my fingers and toes. Middle aged 😠, right! Deez, looking forward to the MCM on Sunday for you. And PBJ, when was your last marathon before you got sick?

where is tSelbs anyway? I guess I will have to find that shoe sale he works at twice a year. Roch  should know. Heck, he's retired, why can't he look for Tom?

Packing for a short camping trip (Actually near Sioux Falls where I have been for two appointments this past week) At least we know the way and can go shopping if it rains.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

twocat - let me know the next time you're intn'l datelining.

i'll try to get over to Japan ahead of you.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

I was thinking I missed something when Leslie referred to Tselbs, but I went back and checked, and figured she meant tomwhite.

Falconfixer, cool that you were here in 2012! And I probably saw you or something, since we ran the same race. I love GDR, one of my favorite races although it always kicks my butt.

Another crazy busy day at work. I think it's a combination of me still catching up from being gone over a week and just a lot going on in several areas, but it seems like I have no time to think sometimes. I really don't like that. My plan to go run at 4 pm (after a full day and no break for lunch) fizzled when someone came into my office to discuss another ongoing issue. Argh. And this after yesterday's almost 11 hours at the office. I have less than 10 miles so far this week, but that's ok. Today's run was 5.2 miles on about 2" of snow, mostly running in the tracks packed down by the fat tire bikes that are common here. Some icy ruts, but mostly ok. Just need to get used to running on snow again. Temps were around 19 or 20°. Should be about the same all weekend, which will be fine as long as we don't get more snow. I'm really looking forward to the weekend....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

erka - good luck in the snow.

are the bikes riding all year too (like you running)

Is they for fun or both fun and commuting (also like you).

marj - after some bad experiences with some of the young'uns filling in for Dr. Retired, one of my problems was trying to find a replacement physician more my age until getting in with my now Dr. Middle-Age.  Didn't know how nice it was at the time when I was called that.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

metalmancpa

8.2 miles, 9:00/mile pace