Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 3.15.18 (Read 38 times)

Some great advice from Holly and KSA.  As a side note regarding Holly's list, our dept secretary is currently working on getting her paralegal certification.  However, her lack of attention to detail, inability (or unwillingness) to think outside the box or "go beyond the confines of her cubby space" to get additional information to complete documents are just a few of the issues that will definitely keep her from being promoted to paralegal at some point.  Those seem like "basic" points, but they're oh so important.

TomW - Listerine nasal spray???

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TomW - Listerine nasal spray???

yep,

I had really good results from it,,,,,,,a lot of infections are spread by being ''inhaled'' and this gets it before it can set up

provided you remember to USE it

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

As a side note regarding Holly's list, our dept secretary is currently working on getting her paralegal certification.  However, her lack of attention to detail, inability (or unwillingness) to think outside the box or "go beyond the confines of her cubby space" to get additional information to complete documents are just a few of the issues that will definitely keep her from being promoted to paralegal at some point.  Those seem like "basic" points, but they're oh so important.

No doubt!  Not someone I would want working in my office.  Our boss has everyone take a Kolbe Assessment before hiring.  Not surprisingly, the two associate attorneys scored the worst on the "follow through" part than anyone in the firm.  Which means when I look at my deed log and find that the deed I prepared for a signing has not been returned to me for recording, I find the attorney has had the file in his office with the signed documents in it for weeks, that I can count on them to not return emails or telephone calls from clients (while I deal with the aftermath), and that, on the rare occasions I have to work with either of them on one of my cases, I have to ask them daily if they have done what they need to do.  As I sometimes tell clients, "Attorneys are not always good paralegals."  But mostly that's just an excuse for these two not to get their job done as they should, while the paralegals have to clean up and run interference for their lack of attention.  Fortunately I don't work directly with those two often, but rather work directly under the owner of the firm, and he is not like that - he cares about getting the whole job done, and done right.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

My March Madness bracket is perfect so far.  It won’t last, but it’s been fun so far!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

wildchild

Carolyn

Wildchild The rocket scientist (my DH, Ralph) and DD, DS1, and DS2 and GS1 are all well!  Oh and dear SonInLaw (SIL) is also well.  How are you and yours?  The newlyweds?

Hi Rosie!  My family is all doing well - DD and DSIL moved to Golden, CO after their extended honeymoon in Europe - they live 30 minutes from us now!   DD is teaching high school physics, and DSIL is pursing his PhD in electrical engineering at Colorado School of Mines.  How is lilmissRosie?  She has a baby boy?  Lucky you! How old is he now?

I met two women from my usual Friday runfam for a short trail run in snow flurries this afternoon.  5.3 miles with lots of chatting.  Tomorrow we're planning 20 miles.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

BTW - Soak your toothbrush in Listerine.

Dang-it!  You beat me to it.

Just 6 easy miles after work.

That's all I got.  See ya!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, apparently my body decided to prep for Sunday....but getting a little extra sleep this morning.  So ran some with my "Padwan" (I have a protégé that I'm to prep/assess for his own group command someday) and my new group superintendent.  So an easy 3 with them and 2 more a bit quicker--but not too quick!

Coastwalker/Starr, LOL!  Yeah, I'm a bit dense.  We'll see how it goes.

Coastwalker, So here's my "racewalking" story.  When I first joined the Air Force Reserve, the PT test was (not kidding) a 3 mile walk.  And to make the times, you had to racewalk it.  I tried to mimic what I'd seen of RW competitions and I could get through the test (I asked, we were NOT allowed to run it).  I'd have the worst shin splints afterwards.  Certainly gave me an appreciation for the folks that go further....and faster(!) than we had to.

Rosie (or, going by history here--Irun!), great to hear from you again!

Have a great night everyone!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I woke up a little early,  . . .

Now, that is downright scary.

dear son Blaine is finishing his paralegal studies in May.

He is the guy who got a BS in Biology and never really pursued a career in Biology. So he has been going to VCU for paralegal..

as someone who went the same direction from biology where the fish didn't ever complain, I'd like to say, "NO, NO, NO!" but it somehow worked out for me and I am sure it will for Blaine too, . . . as long as he is sure he likes it and it sounds like he does.  I hope he likes is as much as I still do nearly 50 years later.  good luck.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Falconfixer you were not allowed to run it? Why on earth not?

Just popping back in to make it into tomorrow's recap. Another easy run day with 7 miles in the afternoon. I had planned to run early but that got nixed when I had trouble staying asleep last night. Then the repair crew for the HVAC system that blew two nor'easters ago came over. It initially looked to be a fast job. But, . . . several hours later . . . Turned out the new control panel needed a totally different wiring setup from the old one. I had no choice they no longer make the old one.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

SteveP

Erika, My heart goes out to with your dad issues.

Twocat, It's hard to imagine your frustration.

SteveP