Masters Running

Tuesdaily 2-20 (Read 38 times)

Tramps

Steve--just another typical day at work, eh?

Dave--you must be in NBCSN-W's market somehow.  I had to work and didn't get to watch the game but, yeah, you lost again.  We'd taken a 7-1 thumping from Chicago just two days before, so I'm sure the boys were fired up.  Tough one against Tampa tonight.

I like listening to music as I work but find music with lyrics too distracting so I stream lots of jazz, among other things. I stumbled across this new-to-me British group that I immediately loved for its fresh and eclectic sounds and discovered they're playing nearby in May so I'm the proud holder of tickets for....GoGoPenguin!  Serendipity by Spotify. 

5 in the 50s already; heading to the 70s.

Be safe. Be kind.

Thanks, Tramps.

3.1 miles before heading off to work a little late (well, a lot late) because I have a big company awards dinner tonight.

Beautiful , warm weather (won't last), but I am just not feeling good.  HR is high and running is hard.  It will improve, but it isn't much fun.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Morning, all.

Early spring around here.  after 6" of snow on Sunday (now pretty much all gone), it was 50° when i got up this morning.  Ended up over-dressing by just a bit, as I thought it was going to be mid-40's.  anyway, 3.1 slow lake loop miles, that felt like I was going a little quicker.

Steve--sounds like you have a crew that doesn't believe in the "Don't work harder, work smarter" mantra.  Not much smarts in evidence.  Good luck with that.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

Today was another recovery type run. Still resting up from pushing it as hard as I was capable in the last mile of Sunday's race. 

4.03 miles.

Local news said it was 64°. My thermometer said it was 48°. That is the strange thing about WV (this part of it anyway.)  If you are in a "hollow" you can have your own little micro-climate.  The park is also in a hollow, so I dressed in long sleeves when I went over and it was cool there too so I guessed right.

Supposed to hit 80° today. We may need to see if the AC is working.  Right now I have the windows open and getting as much of the now 54° air inside so when it does hit 80 maybe the house will stay cool inside.

The local news said that 3 years ago on this day it was -15°.  Talked to a guy at the park about the weather. He said he remembers being out walking when it was -15° a few years ago. I ran a 5k at that temp about 3 years ago, but that was in Michigan.

Howdy Do, Folks -

I just skimmed over yesterday's thread, but in answer to Tammy's post on Saturday - Yes, I would like to go up and run the 30k, but if not run, at least volunteer.  Everything will depend on me Not Being Stupid.  I'm excited about Tammy running her first ultra and would like to be at the finish line to give her a huge hug.

Last week I had my first double digit miles week since December 9.  10 whole miles!

This morning it was 4 miles this a.m. in chilly conditions - about 28 degrees.  Brrrrr!  That's the coldest it's been around here all winter, so far and it's supposed to be like that the rest of the week.  Sunday we got lots of rain and hail while Tammy got snowed on.  I mean we got a LOT of hail.  It was still all over the back yard when we got up Monday morning.  Poor Chico, he can't stand it when it rains hard or hails and it's hitting our skylights.  He fled under the bed for a couple of hours.

So yesterday was a holiday, right?  The Hub took the day off so we could spend it together.  Get up and get around, head to Costco to pick up a few things before the rush starts.  In and out in 10 minutes.  So then we start out for a drive. We like to go for drives  The Hub asks where do I want to go.  Well, it snowed overnight, so let's head up and see some snow.  Now I'm thinking we'll just head up to Kneeland, do the loop and be home in a couple of hours.  Not!  6 1/2 hrs later, we get home!  Drive all the way to Willow Creek.  Then he decides to drive a little further, and we end up in Weaverville (which is almost 3 hrs from our house).  Then, well, let's take Hwy 36 back across the mountain and home - 6 1/2 hrs later.  *sigh*

And then about an hour from home, we see a construction port-a-potty on the side of the road and stop so The Hub can go to the bathroom (very clean inside).  We then decided to sit there and eat the rest of our sandwiches and watch the weather creep across the sky, wondering if it'll snow on us.  We're craning our next staring out the front window, and next thing we know, a highway patrol officer has walked up to the driver side window.  We never saw him pull up. Started us.  Nice guy.  Officer Cook.  Said he wanted to make sure we didn't run out of gas - code for making sure we weren't sitting there doing drugs.   He saw that we were just eating and went on his merry way.  I appreciate him stopping, though.

Okay - It's gonna be a busy work week. Gotta get to it.  Enjoy, friends ~~

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

spacityrunner

Leslie if I know the Tamster, that will be a hug with a beer and both can be huge <<wild rouge>>  <<wild rouge>>  

I'm excited about Tammy running her first ultra and would like to be at the finish line to give her a huge hug.

Trails Rock!

TammyinGP

LOL at you two.  Leslie - you may need to help pick me up as I crawl across the finish line and THEN give me a big hug - followed by a beer.  lol. I always remind the RD that because it takes me so long on the course and all those other trail runners that show up for this race are beer drinkers - that it is very possible the beer in the kegs will be empty by the time I get there, so he better have some in reserve for me. and he does. 

Spent the better part of yesterday looking for good deals and planning a father-son weekend to the Nascar races in Mid March. While I did find decent deals on airfare and hotel, it's still going to end up being a thousand dollar weekend for them.   But David was pretty excited to go to his first ever Nascar race, so it's all worth it of course.

Tammy

...How Cool is That??................sounds like a Tammy-Party...........enjoy

===========

very mild and very windy

50-min PoolRun nb, cf, ris, paw

saw

a LearnToSwim Coach who was a UDT Diver........HE'S having Hip Problems

we traded Notes,

and he's gonna try a shot first

..................Good Running to Ya.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

This morning it was 4 miles this a.m. in chilly conditions - about 28 degrees.  Brrrrr! 

Local tv forecasters called it "bitter" cold

when it dropped to 27o in Seattle last night.

In the meantime, it's 30o in erikaland.

I hope she and DH survived the brutal President's Day weekend down here of predicted rain, snow and high winds.  No rain but a nearby park clean-up was cancelled due to strong gusts causing lots of rare whitecaps on Lake Washington and I was lucky enough to be looking out the window when it did snow for about 45 seconds.

Today's fitness spinning preempted by staying up until 11:30pm on President's Day yesterday trying to help a client from afar understand parts of the U.S. legal system that it took me a lifetime to figure out.  Well, happy Washington's birthday anyway (2/22).

ps steve - maybe you better give those guys their digital gadgets anyway.

pps spacity - do you have any hot springs along your running routes?

With regard to sleeping in saunas, the dripping sweat woke me up after about five minutes last week.  No timers or alarms in 24-hour's big sauna (or steam room either).  Gotta love the hot spring spas in Japan though, especially when waking up at 1:30 or 2:00 am from jet lag and taking advantage of the shallow sleeping pools where I've dozed for up to an hour before getting too waterlogged. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

spacityrunner

Tet, no soaking hot springs on my usual running routes.  If I run down bathhouse row then yes :-)

4 miles before the storms arrive.  It was 73 with 70% humidity...ticks are out already 

Trails Rock!

''With regard to sleeping in saunas, the dripping sweat woke me up after about five minutes last week.  No timers or alarms in 24-hour's big sauna (or steam room either).  Gotta love the hot spring spas in Japan though, especially when waking up at 1:30 or 2:00 am from jet lag and taking advantage of the shallow sleeping pools where I've dozed for up to an hour before getting too waterlogged. .''

.......we should have a New Contest

called

''Strange Places tet Has Fallen Asleep''

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wildchild

Carolyn

I'm also  looking forward to Tamster's first ultra! I'm running it too, and I hope they also save some beer for me!

Leslie- wow, long drive! Sounds pretty.

I haven't run much lately, because we're still on the road and it got cold. I don't mind running in the cold, but I have nowhere warm to wash up and change afterward, so I just wussed out. I did get a 20 miler in last week so I'm not a total slacker!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

bioguy

Can we give a round of applause for 74 degrees on February 20th? Two years ago on this date it was 1 degree.

Anyway, nice day at work and I changed and jogged over to the park and got in 7 miles that included 6 x 1/2 mile. First one was awful, but they got better.

Tailwinds!

evanflein

We're back from a great weekend in Seattle! Yes, it was cold and windy, but the sunshine (most of the time) was great! Tet, we were having brunch on Sunday in La Campagne  when it snowed briefly. If I hadn't looked out the window we would've missed it. This is our second trip this winter, and each time (NY in January, Seattle in Feb), it was colder where we were than it was at home! Something really wrong there, but for all you concerned about where I'm headed next I'll warn Henry and Marj that I'm headed to Florida later this week! (hahaha, Orlando, not Naples)

No pool running since Thursday but lots of walking in Seattle (about 13k steps a day) and today is sort of a rest day since I don't have time to go to the pool or the gym.

Holly, that looks like a lot of fun and quite the big group to go play with!

I'm also loving seeing Tammy rack up the miles, and how fun to have a run with Wildchild and maybe Leslie (even if from the volunteer/spectator side). Meeting up with friends for these races is the best part of it, if you ask me!

TammyinGP

I sure do appreciate the enthusiasm for my running lately. It still looks weird to me to see "Tammy" and "running an ultra" in the same sentence though.     I'm like "Tammy who??" "oh, that's me?!  "what the heck am I thinking!!?!!"

Tammy