Masters Running

Monday, Dec. 28 Daily Runs and Rests (Read 536 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I am out of the loop as to what has been happening the last few days, but I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!    I got some running in over the weekend and today is still in question.   I'd like to make 19 miles in the next 3 days for 1,000, but I doubt I'll get there  as I plan on taking Thursday off because I am signed up for a New Year's day 10K.   It is just a number anyway ....

First I have a room of carpet to clean, then I'll see about a run.  Big grin

Happy Monday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Thanks for starting the day, Mary.  Hope you had a good Christmas.  Santa really came through for the PBJsters.  #1 got a laptop (and I set up the wifi on Saturday, so surf's up).  #2 got the itouch (app city), and Jr. got the lego Eiffel tower (over 3,000 pieces - ages 16+).  I assume we won't see him for a week or so.   Long-suffering got chardonnay from her pets - the dogs gave her "cupcake" and the cat gave her "pure evil."  Long-suffering gave me a set of kitchen knives (is there a subtle hint here?) and "Good Eats - the Early Years" by Alton Brown.

The food consumption has been tremendous; now it's time to dial it back.  Yesterday was my first long run of the spring training session (15 miles), and it was slow and painful.  Carrying less weight will help.

Today wasfizzy lifting, stepperfication, and spinnerooni.  I bet there's a lot of new faces at the gym next week...

Enjoy your day.

P.S. Here's an example of how brilliant (and devious) PBJ Jr. is.  We have a set of blocks that spells out "MERRY CHRISTMAS."  The other day, he rearranged them to spell "HATE MY SIS."  Then the next day, he spelled "HARM MY SISTER."  From the mind of an 8 year old little brother...

Tramps

Good morning.  Back to work and the running routine for many of us, I presume.

Awesome running from Leslie (20+14) and Karin (nearly 24) this weekend, among others.

And those Nate pics were something else.

Three different holiday dinners coming up this week with in-laws and friends.  Ouch.  I guess dialing back on the indulgences will have to wait another week.

Easy 5.1 today @ 8:25. 

Have a good day!

Be safe. Be kind.

Good morning!  Thanks for the comments on the baby Nate photos yesterday.  He is certainly a cutie, if I do say so myself.

I had to get up early for a physical -- why I scheduled it at 7:30 I have no idea, but it worked out as we have something going on at 10 that I wasn't aware of when I made the appointment.  So I got up at 4am for a 3 miler on a day off of work.  

3.1 miles, 29:29, 9:23/mi, AHR 130 (63% MHR)

Tired legs...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Good morning good people. Nice to have Mary starting the daily. Hope you had a great Christmas, Mary - we missed your posts. Now, go clean that carpet!

Sounds like the PBJ house got some great gifts. I would love to see the Eiffel Tower made out of Legos. They've had some great commercials on TV over the holidays.

Lou - up at 4:00 AM on your day off? What are you thinking?!  Hope all goes well at your doctor appointment today. Will there be more pictures of Nate coming?

Too much calorie intake these last few days Tramps? I can relate. I can't imagine having 3 more holiday dinners this week, though. You are VERY brave! Way to take one for the team.

5 miles on the treadmill this morning, 9:41 pace. My back was a little stiff after running outside in my Yaxtrax yesterday. Must have been the uneven surface. Finished up with some leg and core work and am now debating about taking the Christmas tree down. It hasn't looked the same since "the tipover" and there are a lot of broken branches - kind of like Charlie Brown's.

I need 12 points from Bret Favre to win my fantasy football league this year. I'm not usually one to cheer for the Vikings, but go Favre!

Lou - up at 4:00 AM on your day off? What are you thinking?!  Hope all goes well at your doctor appointment today. Will there be more pictures of Nate coming?

I never did understand fantasy football.

More pictures?  If you didn't see the link it's here http://www.pbase.com/lking/image/120597551 .  This is one of the pictures I posted already, but I think if you hit the 'next' link on the upper right you'll be able to see more Smile

Doctor says I'm fine, by the way -- thanks!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Slo

I need 12 points from Bret Favre to win my fantasy football league this year. I'm not usually one to cheer for the Vikings, but go Favre!

Jlynne

As much as I'd like to hate the guy....I just can't. He truely loves the game. And for the record....GO PACK !!!!

{{ A GREAT BIG WAVE}}  Hi all !  Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays ! Man do I have alot glass bottles that need to go to the recycling center

I'm running....Perch I think was right, I had no set back, just a little gun shy. Still every other day...and slow....but hey, it sure beats not running......

Mary,

I'm out of the loop too.....I have alot of catching up to do!

Later all !

Mariposai

Good Monday to all. It is great to see slo running again. Slow does it slo

Erika, I am very happy to see your posting about your long run and your 31 miles/week. Butterfly hugs to  you my sisstahh.

Francesca!!! go for it....Briddle Trails awaits you! and take the taper boy with you!

fatozzig, 20 trail miles in 4:55, wow...you are good girl.

welcome back from Ozzie land banana porridge lover

Hopeful, come over to my  house to do my carpet too.

that PBJ jr. must be a witty as his father.

Karin, that 24 miler sounds like fun. When is your next marathon?

Calm, 21F  7  easy and flowing miles this morning. Back to running at predawn...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Ah, what a jokester PBJster is!  Big grin    I had a wonderful Christmas and DH spoiled me as usual - practically buying everything on my list.   

Well, I no longer have to exfoliate when I shower, as the howling 35 mph winds, 20° air temp, and pelting snow took care of that!   What was I thinking????   I turned around a 1.5 miles and called it good with a total of 3.  

Carpet is clean, garbage is out and now I have to go into work for about an hour to take care of payroll.   Then I don't plan on even thinking about work until next Monday.   Yea!

Now to go see the baby Nate pictures .......

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I Can Go The Distance

Good Monday after Christmas Morning,

7 easy miles in IRC for me today. 55 and calm. My time was 1:06:44 (9:32/mi).

I forgot to mention the really cool thing that happened to me on my LR to the beach on Saturday. I met up with these two guys that I usually see on that route, and they asked me how far I was going. I said 15 miles. One of the guys then says, "Yeah we used to run that far when we were your age." I asked the guy "how old are you" and he said 55. When I told him I would be sixty in three weeks he said, "gosh, I thought you were about forty-five." That's one of the reasons I run! To get comments like that. Now if I could just younger women to say those things to me!

Hope everyone had a good holiday. I am taking this week off so I feel for those of you who have to go back to work today.

Have a great day all,

Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Back to work again.  (sigh)  Anyone else find it hard to go back to work after a long holiday weekend?  And I have another tax update class from 6-9 tonight as well, which makes for a long day.  I still get Friday off, though, so it’ll be a short work week.

Leslie – I was thinking about your “20-miler followed by a 15-miler the next day” plan during my LR yesterday.  Do you do this because you are training for a 50-mile race, or is this a regular part of your training for a 50K?  Sounds like excellent endurance training.  How often do you do those?

Mary – you’re right, it’s just a number.  Those winds of yours are coming into our area later today, so I'll be out there tomorrow morning in similar conditions.

PBJ – 

CNYRunner – very nice LR this weekend.  Are you still thinking about doing that run next weekend?

Wildchild or Jlynne – one of you asked about my DS’s presents?  He told me yesterday that his “top 3” list from this Christmas is: the BB gun, remote control helicopter, and Assassin’s Creed II (an X-Box 360 game), in that order.  I was sort of surprised (and pleased ) that the video game was 3rd.    

DD’s favorite by far is the dollhouse.

Erika – watch out, you’ll get hooked on that half-and-half workout in the winter cold.

Bruce – very cool!

No run for me today, just some push-ups and a few chin-ups.

Happy Monday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I hope everyone has enjoyed the holidays. I am out of touch spending the last few days with two sets of families. We got about 4 inches of snow last night. My run this morning was anything but effortless. A very hard 5 today. I think I am still recovering from a stomach virus from the weekend.

Morning, all.  Pshew, we were shut in for Friday and Saturday--not all that much snow, but awful wind so we had blizzard conditions.  LOTS of huge drifts around--people were getting stuck driving on the side streets even last night.  Figured it was an enforced rest period, but back to the gym today.  There is a lot of black ice around on the streets and sidewalks, where they are clear of snow.   Should be able to get outside tomorrow. 

Will and Nate are the best Santa babies--really love the photos.

Watched "Field of Dreams" during the lock-down.  I love that movie.

twocat, what's the security check like at LAX?  I read that we now have to stay in our seats the last hour of any flight.  This is because the alleged terrorist timed his action for 20 minutes before the plane landed.  Anyone else find this absurd?  Or am I missing something? 

<climbing off soapbox>  ok, enjoy the last Monday of 2009!

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles

Going back to catch up a bit and just had to chime with good vibes for TIm!   -> me with all fingers and toes crossed for you, my chum.

Let us know asap either way what happens today, please?

Masters 2000 miles
                              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Sneaking out of lurkdom for a quick post.  Tim--that sounds so good for both sides--you get a great job and your (hopefully) new boss gets someone that will help make him loads of cash.  Fingers crossed here, too.

Hope everyone else had a happy and rewarding holiday weekend.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.