Masters Running

Thursday 11/11/21 Runs and Workouts (Read 33 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.

Falcon - very cool!

SteveP - wise of you to realize that you can't fix that situation.

Here are a couple of shots I took after work yesterday right before the sun set.

May be an image of flower and nature

May be an image of tree and nature

Lots of leaves still changing, and the underbrush and grass are still green.  Those are always the last to lose color and the first to green up in the spring.

2.8 miles for me this morning in 51 breezy degrees.  The foot was not happy, but I had to take advantage of the last warm morning...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Beautiful pictures, Holly, and thanks for kicking us off.

Steve- I’m so sorry about your aunt and her family situation.  Good for you for using your recovery resources- wise words.

Wonderful run for me this morning here on Amelia Island.  64 degrees, lower humidity than I’ve had here before, and no wind.  I did 6 of my 7.3 miles on the beautiful path and neighborhoods, and finished up on the beach.  Tide was low and the sand was hard packed. Ken is out on his e-bike.

We’ve already run into a little issue with charging the electric car here on the island.  The library has chargers, but they are REALLY slow (2 cars hook up to each charger).  It only added about 14 miles to the range the whole time we ate lunch and walked around town yesterday.  Looking at other options……. I’m being a good sport about it- so far.

Later, Masters.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Good morning Veterans' Day 2021.

I liked the slightly different at-ease

poses in Bing's Pic-of-the-day today.

Boy, what each of them's

probably been through for us.

May be an image of 5 people, people standing, outdoors and text that says 'Search images 3 Sailors on the amphibious assault ship USS Iwo Jima on New York's Hudson'

Steve - too bad you can't bring auntie back with you.

The library has chargers, but they are REALLY slow . . .

It only added about 14 miles to the range the whole time

we ate lunch and walked around town yesterday.  

Looking at other options……. I’m being a good sport about it- so far. .

KSA - nice gnarly.

Don't be too good a sport or you might have to spend Thanksgiving on the beach too or, I guess, since you’ve run across Tennessee and who knows what else, Ken could always run back with you.

Holly - nice. However, if that lower one's an oak,

I wonder why the leaves aren't just dull brown

like all the neighbor's ones that fall on our yard.

one mile - not a splat/splat or even a pitter/patter on the roof this morning but the quiet drizzle that sneaked in after yesterday’s respite from all the rain we’ve been having since the end of October was about as thick a drizzle as I’ve ever seen and heavy enough to warrant a rain coat for a mile of leafing that took too long to then go on a planned quick foray up to the Hillside for some trail maintenance I need to take a pick up for.

May be an image of flower, nature and tree

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

3 miles on the treadmill at Planet Fitness this morning.

I don't see getting an electric car until I can travel at least 600 miles without a bunch of long stops to charge. I don't need another car just for local trips and beyond that are trips to Michigan and Florida to see family, so until a car can get me there in a reasonable time, it isn't for me.

Although, that Rivian truck sure looks tempting.

Rivian is interesting.  I want to see some history, though.   Yeah- Ken was an early adopter with the electric car thing- not to mention our solar panels.   200 miles isn’t a bad range, and if you find the quick chargers, the stops aren’t too long, but I still think it is impractical for long trips.  We have my truck- which is the better option.

Took a 2 mile walk on the beach after Ken got back from his bike ride.

Quickadder

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Tramps

Thanks for the start and pics, Holly.

tet--"G" is likely "games played," often listed as GP.  I like the NHL's standings since you can sort by any heading, use division/conference/league standings, and also see the percentage of possible points (P%) teams have, which controls for teams having played different number of games.  There's a  legend at the bottom of the page explaining the heading abbreviations.

Busy week, so I haven't kept up here.  Just a fly-by post of 19.4 miles on the bike at lunch today.  Started out nice and sunny but clouds rolled in late. I think I respectfully disagree with Holly's point last week (?) about foliage looking better on cloudy days.  Give me that bright, crisp autumn sunshine any day!

Have a good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

MurrayM

Julia "Hurricane" Hawkins is awesome!

9K today.

THANK YOU, VETERANS, THOSE WHO ARE STILL SERVING, AND YOUR FAMILIES!!

Thanks for starting us out, Holly.

. . . or, I guess, since you’ve run across Tennessee and who knows what else, Ken could always run back with you.

Tet - Karen pretty much knows me inside and out re running.  And she's a great manager, so she's a perfect person to crew a runner.  We'll just have to wait and see how she and The Hub are getting along after 9 hrs together. 

Yay for people like Julia "Hurricane" Hawkins!!!!

About 20 min of core/ST yesterday after work, then ran 3 EZ this a.m. - first time I've run in a week in an effort to get my heel to calm down.  Flared it up a bit, but not bad. I'm ready for Saturday, come hell or high water!

Went to see a podiatrist this morning re my heel.  Of course, she wanted to put me in orthotics, but I declined and suggested I try an OTC ortho first (I've had orthotics and don't like them). She agreed and recommended SuperFEET Flexmax.  She also gave me a boot to wear when I'm sitting around at work or in the evening to try and stretch things out more.  Thankfully, she didn't say I had to wear it bed.  I then told her about my run on Saturday and asked if there was some way to tape my heel/foot to get me through the run, "then I'll do whatever you think I need to [except for orthotics]."  So she taped up my foot and gave me a youtube link to the taping method. So far, it feels more supported.

Aaaaand that's about all I have at the moment.  Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Rivian is interesting.  I want to see some history, though.   Yeah- Ken was an early adopter with the electric car thing- not to mention our solar panels.   200 miles isn’t a bad range, and if you find the quick chargers, the stops aren’t too long, but I still think it is impractical for long trips.  We have my truck- which is the better option.

I may have missed it in an earlier post, but exactly what model electric car do you have? Of course, living in the Detroit area we're always up on the latest automotive news and have been closely following the various early electrification developments. I test drove a Volkswagen ID.4 a couple months ago and could see owning one of those (or similar) when we have to retire my DW's Mazda 3.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

((Steve's aunt))

3 miles power walking with some Sole Sisters this morning - so chilly but then warmed up nicely!!

Church and prayer group breakfast followed by some shopping at Cracker Barrell - we get a 45% discount on Friends and Family day because one of our group members works at CB. Great deal!!

Oh and I booked my trip to Nashville - April 21-25 -- going to signup for the 6.15 race and all the fun!!!!

denise

Henrun

2.5 mile walk/run in bright sunshine. Going out for dinner at a new southern style restaurant (Buttermilk and Bourbon). Have been gaining weight again. Probably not a wise move but we enjoy dining with the couple we’ve going with.

I want to be like “Hurricane “ Hawkins when I grow up.

Deez- let’s definitely meet up when you come to Nashville.

Doug- Ken has a 2017 Chevy Bolt.  Before that he had 2013 and then 2015 Nissan Leaf.  They didn’t have nearly the range of the Bolt.  The Bolt is a pretty nice car.  I liked it more than I thought I would.  He got an early model, and we had to drive up into Kentucky to pick it up at a dealership there.  I wasn’t thrilled.

Dave59

Are Tesla charging stations easier to find than for the Volt?

Tesla charging stations aren’t the same as for the Bolt (with a B- not the Volt, which is a hybrid).   They aren’t easier to find- there aren’t really more of them now.