Masters Running

Tuesday, July 27 Daily News and Such...... (Read 499 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning!

Got through Monday, so today has got to be a better day ..... right?    How could it not be after starting it out with a nice run with Brinkley and negative splits to top it off and a full moon too!!   4.5 miles @ 10:12 / 9:48 / 9:45 / 9:27 / 4:47 - 163 avg. HR - 9:47 m/m   That 4th mile was thanks to Brinkley and a couple running with their dog about 200 feet ahead of us.    We tried our darndest to catch them and I couldn't help but think of Avenger Doggie.

My back is still a little tight, but not bad considering we jackhammered cement (well, DH did) and I threw chunks in the wheelbarrow.   Funny how towards the end the chunks kept getting bigger and bigger@!

{{{{Denise}}}} I'm thinking of you quite often.

Dove - that was quite a dirty picture you posted yesterday!!  

Holly - sorry your day didn't go as expected yesterday and I can certainly understand your frustration.   I think you should call too.

Nice to see Doug, Ribs and The Pro from Dover joining us again!

Happy Tuesday ..... Cheers!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mornin, Mary, and those to follow.

An easy 4 this morning...legs are sore. But since Mary has apparently been toting concrete, I shouldn't complain.

Good runs to all,  Walt

BlazinCajun

Good morning boomers,

Early posters in Mary and Walt with completed runs none the less.

Ran the scheduled tempo run this morning. Warm up 1 mile; 25 minute tempo portion for 3.51 miles; cool down - 4.8 miles total.

Made accommodations for the Kiawah Island, SC marathon in December. Registration begins August 1st. I'm a little excited with some anxiety. Hoping to find some family things to do while down there.

Andrew
        ------------------
        God, my Lord, is my strength;
        he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
        and enables me to go upon the heights.
        Hb 3:19

.......22min poolrunning last night......

when I was getting out,

the Lifeguard came up to me and said

''was that YOU running in 100 degrees Sunday??''

''yep''

''what were you carrying??''

''oh,

a couple of HandWeights and a Folding Cane''

I may be

on some kind of  List at the YMCA now.

...............................good running guys.................see how things Sound Out Loud before you Do 'Em...

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

... I may be

Your probably on a number of various watch lists after that run.  

Dave59

I slipped on a pair of loose sneakers this morning and went to ride my bike only to find out that the front tire is flat.  Oh well, another day of doing nothing won't hurt.  I wasn't sure if my foot would feel ok pedaling anyway.

You're probably on multiple lists TW.

It makes me shake my head when i read of testing situations like Holly described yesterday.  Sure, they'd like to have an employee be technically proficient with the tools.  But I'll take someone who works hard, wants to do a good job, and brings the right, bright attitude to work every day over someone with a bit more technical skills.  If one brings the right attitude and work ethic, they will learn the skills.

I ran 5 fairly energetic miles this morning - each mile a little quicker than previous mile then a cool down easy mile to finish it off.  9:03 average pace.

I think it's time to give our bathrooms a face lift.  18 years in one place is a long time and the time has come.  I'm afraid I may need to check the balance sheet for this deal.  Time to start perusing the Big Box stores for ideas.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

..dave//........you'll be amazed what you'll do to get in a Run after a layout.....

=========

you should probably get a jump on it

and

practice saying in an Overly Loud Voice:

''I am

QUITE sure

I have absolutely no idea

of what

you're talking about

Officer''

.........this has come in quite handy on several occassions  in my Running Career...........

and once in a buggy.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

"I'm sorry officer."

Usually works for me.

Unless there's a K-9 unit involved.

10 miles this morning after some fizzy lifting - temps in the 70s, dew point in the 50s.  Quite refreshing.

It's Long-Suffering's birthday.  I bought her Mary Chapin Carpenter tickets, but now we will be gone on vacation the night of the concert.  Will tupperware work as a substitute gift?

Slo

Hey All.

Nice tempo Blazin.......A run is always a great start Mary...throw in a good friend and what more could you want. The full moon lights up the path very nicely. It was very pretty outside my window. The moon was casting shadows of the big oak tree in our front yard.

I did a 5 x 1k interval set this morning. I most likely ran them to fast as I was totally spent on the last one....however the last one was also my fastest......I just wanted to get it over with.....the sooner I make it to the marker the sooner I'm done!  8 miles in all.

Pulled up the old carpeting in the rec room last night.....didn't get the new carpet laid down though....maybe tonight.

Bill.....Amen re: the testing. You are talking about a bureaucracy though.

Missing in Action:

Willrunforbeer and Predawnrunner

Tramps

Slo

I think it's time to give our bathrooms a face lift.  18 years in one place is a long time and the time has come.  I'm afraid I may need to check the balance sheet for this deal.  Time to start perusing the Big Box stores for ideas.

Bathrooms are expensive remodels. But it is a good investment. Good Luck Bill !

lamerunner

Good morning! Nice runs for the early morning crowd. Sure is nice to have drier air!  I ran a fairly strong 8 miles this morning. Yesterday was a running rest day with a 1500 yd swim at lunch.

Maybe a little tennis this evening.

{{{{ Denise}}}} I hope Justin is mkaing progress. Hang in there.

Tom White, I had a similar exchange with a lifeguard the day before DS was born. I got out of the pool after swimming my laps and he asked when I was due... "yesterday,:" I said. "Oh, " he said, " I guess we better keep an eye on you then ... and weren't you out biking the other day??"   Kindo f fun to freak out the young lifeguards.

Holly, sorry about the so called interview. Very disappointing. It wouldn't hurt to call and explain. The next one will be better!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Holly - maybe they will get the point if you  tell 'em you're sorry for not knowing it was going to be a test so you could've boned up on excel whatever that you don’t use much in your present job. Then see if there might be any follow-up interviews or chance to discuss the test results.  Tell ‘em you can get 50  letters of recommendations from people who’ve known you for several years too.

Ps dove - any particular nutritional enticements along the way or feasting at the finish?

any info on time ranges, shoes lost, AG, etc.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

SC in December sounds great Andrew.

I may be

Breger, yo may want to check out some not so big box clearance corners too. ....When you find something you like...low ball them...

Tet's right Holly...Several of my imaginary friends and I will vouch for you.

Noah came over this morning and Tag and I took him runnin..The first mile was off leash down a secluded dirt road. The next leg was up to the bank where DD#3 works. When we got to the post office, Noah said, "Want down (G)rampy, want down". Then he took off booking down last weekend's finish line and took a picture from the race to his aunt. She handed out dog treats and a sucker. Noah ran over 1/2 a mile on the trip back! He laughed almost the entire time. Just before we got to Tag's favorite creek...a small  coyote bolted accross the road.  Tag picked up the pace a lot. As a result, so did I. So did Noah!!!

When we got back to our stretch of land, Noah wanted to get flowers for momma. So we did.  3.75 miles over all. With out the creek, Tag's tuckered out. Too bad he won't get in the kiddie pool.

SteveP

Renee the dog

It makes me shake my head when i read of testing situations like Holly described yesterday.  Sure, they'd like to have an employee be technically proficient with the tools.  But I'll take someone who works hard, wants to do a good job, and brings the right, bright attitude to work every day over someone with a bit more technical skills.  If one brings the right attitude and work ethic, they will learn the skills.

Really.  Why set your candidates up for failure?  A lot of people will weed themselves out when set up for success! 

Well, I'm back from the Emergency Room wth my ds, who had 3 copious nosebleeds this morning.  I'm taking a short break before patrolling the house and doing final clean up.  He's a bleeder, and while he has occasional nosebleeds, these 3 (THREE!) were different.  At one point I had him standing in the tub, and the entire tub was covered in his blood.  Fun stuff.  Not! I love getting the lecture from the emergency room doc (hello, read the notes, he's had them before, I've not been here, so I'm not an hysterical Mom).  After I told him I come from a family of boxers, so I get blood and faces, he chilled.     You never know what will reach another human being. And, I totally feel for our guys/gals here -- with the 10x summer tourist population, it's a total nightmare.

After listening to my 6 yr old's questions about computer networking (to forward ds's records to his pediatrician)  and if the epiglottis knows what to do with dripping blood so it wouldn't go into ds's lungs,  he couldn't decide whether to discharge us or hang out and converse some more with dd.

I did get a total of 6 miles on the TM last night.  Two x 3miles.  One regular, one recovery.  Going to try for some hill sprints and another recovery tonight.  Bayside still hasn't gotten a chance to quit.  As Company X Turns, continues.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!