Masters Running

Saturdaily 4-7-18 (Read 41 times)

Starting us off but no recap because I have to get over to the other side of the resort for my breakfast and meetings.

5.2 Scottsdale miles-  different route today.  Mainly dirt/gravel path by the road and canal.  Pretty nice but no bathrooms or water like the route through the sports park.  Change of pace, though.  This event is very tiring, and my running shows it.  Did it, though.

Our 34th anniversary is today, and it isn’t the first time we’ve been at this event for it!  So, we’ll be wined and dined.  This afternoon we have a bike/brewery event.  It’s going to be really hot, too.  Welcome to Arizona.   Last night’ party was NY themed and had a Billy Joel cover band (a guy who portrayed Billy Joel in a production about his music) and was really fun.   All NY themed food and we got to have t-shirts screened with different logos that we got to pick out.  

Off to start my day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

C-R

Congrats on the anniversary Karen. 34 years. Cool!

Long week of college visits. Culminated at my school yesterday. We went off script and sat in on several classes and had some great discussions with deans and profs with a final flurry of sitting in on a guest lecture (which I never did while I was there) and a tour of the nuclear physics lab. Don't know who was more excited, me or the boys. Good times.

14.1 miles today on some tired legs but still managed a decent pace.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

bioguy

Supposed to run with a couple of 20-somethng young ladies today, but they left the parking lot before I got got to the start and no way could I catch them. I'm doing an easy 10 something pace and they were flying. Did 7 total.

In case anyone wants a recap of Friday:

Lots of discussion on making 0 symbols....

Welcome Slo_Hand

Coastwalker- 7.75 in the dark

Tramps- 5

RunnerKSA 5.4 desert miles (Sounds like an early Eagles song)

Jlynne 5k TM, weights, core

pfriese 7

Tammy visits the voodoo doc

Dave59 4 miles in new Sketchers

tetsujin 100marathon club meeting

Anzio 12

fatozzig a late bedtime = getting up after 7am

deez4boys spin, bodypump, tm, myofascial release

wildchild 20.4 in less than pleasant weather

HollyS- adventures in parenting (we've all had them)

TwoCat- ran outside in shorts for the first time in a while

SurlyBill a very wet 5.3

MikeE 8

Apologies for any misspellings or missed workouts.

Mike- I see you are running in Delaware soon; I've been considering the Rehobeth marathon in December.

Time to house clean.

And remember, hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard...

Have a greta day

Tailwinds!

Dave59

Happy anniversary RunnerKSA.

I ran 4.19 this morning. 30° and snowing.

(I copied and pasted the degree symbol from the Character Map App.)

...bitterly cold here.........

highs in 30s

and weatherguys said knock off 10-degrees for windchill !!!!!!!!!!!

..........I just drove to the Y pool and i STILL didn't enjoy it......

==========

...50-min PoolRun np, cf, ris, paw

off to see Claire tomorrow............bringing my Hokas

.......good Running to ya.......

eta-

hiya to slo................good to see you checking in

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Bioguy - funny that you said that about the Eagles song.  We passed a road sign for Winslow, AZ on our way to the desert hummer tour and I couldn’t get the song out of my head for the rest of the day.  ‘Standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona.....”

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

coastwalker

Afternoon, everyone.

"Our 34th anniversary is today, and it isn’t the first time we’ve been at this event for it!" Congrats, KSA! But, just how many times have you been at that event for your 34th anniversary? 

Good runs/workouts all around so far today.

I got to racewaking training early today, and only 1 other guy showed up, so I was basically free to do my own workout. So I went 8.2 RW miles around the small indoor track - 98 laps, if anyone's counting. Then I picked up DW and we headed to the last indoor farmer's market of this season, and got carrots, oyster & shitake mushrooms, onions, cabbage, potatoes, kale, and even some locally-made GF pasta. Then we stopped at the art show (again) to pick up some more different-sized colorful ceramic tiles that we can use for gifts. Then I dropped DW off and went to pick up our 10 lbs of off-the-boat scallops (which will last us through the summer). I just had lunch, and now I have to get to the grocery store and back before our mid-afternoon Facetime chat with a niece at UConn. When is nap time?

Have a greta Saturday?

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.

We woke up to a couple inches of snow on the ground today and 24 degrees.  Snow!  In April!  Normally our highs would be in the 50's and 60's at this point.

6.2 miles for me in 28ish degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Mike- I see you are running in Delaware soon; I've been considering the Rehobeth marathon in December.

And remember, hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard...

Bioguy, I'm signed up for Rehoboth in December! At this point, I'm hoping to finish it in some fashion. Sometimes it feels like I'll never run a marathon again. And I like your comment about talent and hard work...

Holly, welcome home. Sorry about the row with DH yesterday. Nobody needs that. And we frequently get snow in April but it's usually the month all this crap leaves for the summer.

Congrats on the 34th, KSArunner! (snork, Jay...)

Slo! Good to see you stop by!

I ran 4.6 miles yesterday along the side of the road because the bike path was completely iced up. What a mess! Leg felt pretty good and I'm thinking I'll try a short run today for my first back-to-back run. Don't want to do anything to mess up tomorrow's run though. Was thinking I'd see how 6 miles feels. It's beautifully clear and sunny today and should get up to about 40° again. And for all you degree-challenged folks, the mac makes it easy: alt-shift-8 ° There ya go.

Went to hear Tarana Burke last night. Very good and engaging speaker. (lots of ads in that link, sorry)

Mike E whew! That was close. You nearly missed the recap!

Holly S. my sympathies on having to return to the real world. Be nice if trips to a great resort just sort of lasted forever.

RunnerKSA meetings on your anniversary. Sort of seems unfair. On the other hand if you are there for business, it is a nice way to spend some time at a resort on the cheap!

I put in an hour on the elliptical this morning. Tomorrow I have a "local" HM to run. I put local in quotes because it is a 45 minute drive to the park where the race starts. Add to that the parking lot is not all that close to packet pickup. Plus, I have to go to packet pickup then back to my car and then back to the start to get my swag, drop it back in the car and return for the race. All in all for a 9:15 start my goal is to leave the house by 7:45.

In cooking news I thought I would try making ketchup. My first attempt ever. I saw what looked like a neat recipe on The Kitchen (a Food Network show) and have wanted to try it for some time. At BJ's the other day they had huge containers of roma tomatoes which are what the recipe calls for in spades. Figured it this was not the time to try it, the time was never coming. All done with the cooking part. Now it has to cool overnight.

In case it slipped your mind, join the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club for this year's Reach the Beach Relay on September 14 and 15! We need you!!! We are not looking for speed. Just a group to throw a 30 hour party with in a couple of vans. So join today! Just send me a message via the RA messaging system and I will get back to you. If you have my regular email or prefer sending a Facebook personal message that is fine too. I can guarantee you will have a great time. That or you are clearly in need of psychiatric help!  Remember the sooner you sign up the less you pay!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Runner KSA - I meant to say, Happy Anniversary!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Well, dang!  I had always planned on doing the Rehoboth Marathon for my Delaware marathon but, when I put the plan together for my final push to the end, it just didn't work out.  It will be nice when I complete the states so I can do any marathon I want.

I went 16 miles, today, for my last "long" run before the marathon.  It was cold and windy but the sun was out, so that was nice.

I guess that's all I have...oh, happy anniversary, KSA.  See ya!

7.1 ez

I got out earlier than usual, about 1pm here. It was dry and warm this morning, but it looked like the next storm was coming in so I went out early. Didn't get wet!

happy anniversary KSA

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Henrun

Congrats on your anniversary KSA. It’s our anniversary too🥂.

To celebrate we went for breakfast at a new Israeli restaurant. It was delicious but the spices did a number on me. After walking home we parted. Marj headed up to Jayland to see DGD’s dance recital while I ran two miles and then walked over to the town hall to hear about the Underground Railroad.. The library is hosting the author of the book by the same name (Colson Whitehead) for a reading at the end of this month. Now we’re settling in for a nice quiet anniversary dinner at home.

pfriese

Woke to a dusting of sleety snow on the ground this morning & waited until afternoon warm up for a 9.5 mile run around the city reservoir.

Paul