Masters Running

Labor day Monday, 9.5.16 (Read 36 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

We've made it through some more stops in our whirlwind tour, having gone from Chester, NY to Metuchen, NJ on Saturday, and then about 20 miles south to visit one of DW's aunts who is ailing and in the hospital, then back to Metuchen to drop off a SIL before we moved on to Long Island, NY, which is where we are now. Lots of visiting, not too much traffic. Cramming a lot of visiting into these few days.

I went 6.5 RW miles on a 'rail trail' in Metuchen yesterday, and a scootch over 10 RW miles in Bayville, NY this morning. For some reason, my Garmin has stopped uploading my workouts over the last few days. I don't know why. Bummer.

Have a greta Labor Day!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I want to add the letter "u" to the title. Lol.

Taper madness nightmares in full force. I dreamt i had a pet grizzly bear and he and I were roaring at members of my local running group.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Henrun

aamos & tet - in response to your ee cummings comments, i can only say "On the Reservoir"

Egret

Standing so tall

On the sand bar

Exposed by the drought

Your slim, sleek body

Evoking a ballerina

On point.

I pass by

Staring in awe

My body no longer

Lean and sleek

A knee in need

Of renewal.

Soar

To the cloudless

Sky.

In my dreams

I’ll dance

A pas de deux

A ballet so sinuous.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I want to add the letter "u" to the title. Lol.

Taper madness nightmares in full force. I dreamt i had a pet grizzly bear and he and I were roaring at members of my local running group.

Damn Canadians   Probably want to have Thanksgiving in October, too.  But the grizzly seems appropriate.

Lots of walking for a rapid transit weekend, Jay.

Hope the shin resolves quickly, Erika.  Weird to pop up like that.

I made it out for 4.6 yesterday and a short 2.3 this morning.  With nothing flat around here, low 10's felt pretty good.  Already half way to August's total, but tht's likely to slow down again in the coming weeks.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Good morning folks. Hope everyone is having a relaxed, safe Labo(u)r Day

Sounds like a whirlwind tour over the weekend Jay. You're going to have to head home just to rest up!

Weird dreams to accompany the taper madness? Could it get any worse Lori?

Way to blow past your August mileage Kevin! From your post it looks like you have a lot of travel coming up...

Hi Henry!

7.42 miles this morning. A beautiful sunrise - humid but still a comfortable 59° with winds out of the south. Grandson #3 fell off the monkey bars last night and broke his wrist and arm  My DIL was just finishing her shift in the ER (she's a PA at a local hospital) so my son just took Nicholas to the hospital where she was working. Being only 3, he held up like a trooper and is now being showered with attention by his two older brothers.

DH and I are playing in an alternate shot golf tournament this afternoon. Should be interesting....

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Maybe Lori can come up here and see 'em for real.

uhmmm, do you hallucinate about bears on your 24-hr'ers?

Henrun - that was me during this morning's two-miler down-and-back to Mary's Falls

when a great blue heron landed on wondrous wings in the reeds across the creek.

No wonder I love running so much.

Jeanne - GS up here went down when his counter stool toppled over backwards

but, at 7-yo, he's finally old enough not to have to cry about everything.  

However, tell your GS that broken arm and wrist warrant a good one.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...mornin'.....

mid 90s here again, no wind

50-min HH with trekking poles and boots

..............good running to the rest of ya.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

5.8 easy miles on a beautiful day in Michigan.  68 degrees when I got done and the bluest of blue skies. It's the beginning of harvest time in the Midwest and the eating is also grand. Fresh corn and grilled veggies on the grill with shrimp  mm.

Tselbs,

glad to see you get some of your mojo back. Nice running weather just around the corner so you'll be ready when it gets here for sure.

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Henry--that was beautiful and sad at the same time.  Never forget that you are still an inspiration to so many!

I took a break from yard work and other projects, today, and took my 8 year old grandson out to fly a kite.  Flying a kite sounds like a lot more fun than it is.  Once it's in the air...you just watch it.  I told him how, my brother and I used to have kite fights.  Once we got our kites in the air, we would fly them into each other until one kite was so ripped up, it was no longer able to fly.  So...next time, flying kites with the grandson will be a whole lot more fun.

I'm getting ready to head out to cross country practice.  I was able to run 9 miles on Saturday with no hamstring pain.  I'm looking forward to today's run...a lot!

Norm--I hope your son realizes that he would be on varsity on almost any other team in the country with his times.  I love hearing about his races--please give us a race report after every race!

Okay--gotta go!  See ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

Damn Canadians   Probably want to have Thanksgiving in October, too.  But the grizzly seems appropriate.

BerthaSlayer - deep breaths...

Henry - beautiful!

(((Tet and Jeanie's grand boys)))

Mike - great news!

Erika - it's the bruising that concerns me most.  I hope it feels better today.

I ran/walked 3 miles this morning, then walked nine holes of golf with my somewhat-estranged dad.  We had a really nice time and it was good to just spend time with him and talk.  My FitBit says I walked 7.65 miles total.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

6 easy miles for me on this Labour Day and yes … October is a perfectly good month for TG Wink

Jay is all over the map

Henry – how beautiful – melancholy and yet hopeful

Jlynne – hope GS got a cool cast!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Henrun, what a beautiful poem.

I have been on other running sites but this particular one is quite inspiring and encouraging. Thank you, Masters Running.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Mike E

MM #5615

I ran/walked 3 miles this morning, then walked nine holes of golf with my somewhat-estranged dad.  We had a really nice time and it was good to just spend time with him and talk. 

This is so much more important than this running stuff.  I am very happy for you, Holly.  Your knee will eventually come around.

I went 8 miles, today, with the CC kids...have I ever told you how much I love running with those kids?  My hamstring was solid!

Anybody got a 4 week marathon plan?

I ran/walked 3 miles this morning, then walked nine holes of golf with my somewhat-estranged dad.  We had a really nice time and it was good to just spend time with him and talk.

May be the Post of the Day. 

Approx 30-40 min of core/ST today.  Then The Hub and I spent about 2 hrs getting the yard into shape, then later in the day went for a drive, walked around the mall just 'cause neither of us had been there in a very long time (and highly likely we won't be going back), then went to the new Party Place store.  Holy cow but there's a lotta crap in that place!  . . . . I predict it being out of business within 2 years.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone in Portland in a few weeks.  I think my friends are still some of the announcers at the start and finish, so I'm trying to figure out if I can wrangle The Hub's and my way into the announcing booth. 

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

I agree, Holly's post is the post of the day. Who cares about running, life events is what we care about here.

Speaking of events in life. I am late at posting here because A) I walked our Autumn Leaf course with the widow of the runner who always tested the accuracy of our course. B) I worked after the race on budgets that are due before the 15th of the month...

Don't worry... I am taking 10 days of ME time coming this weekend...so I just had to pay it forward.

Cheers.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard