Masters Running

Wednesday Oct. 28 Runs and Whatnot's (Read 433 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

Tone Zone was hard last night - but a good hard.   I think I have to figure out a new morning running schedule though, because my legs are always tired the morning after TZ.    So, only 3 miles this morning with Brinkley.

10:35 / 9:46 / 9:41 with 159 AHR.   

Happy Hump Day!

Auntie Mary   Smile

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

Hello Mary

Good Day to everyone else that pops in. Lurkers too !

I was able to drag my 10lb heavier arse out of bed and get to the pool this morning. Decent workout.....scheduled a lane for everyday the rest of this week and all of next. Hoping to be doing some cycling by weeks end.

Tramps

Barb—hope all goes (went?) well for the Rocket Man today.

Erika—you are a hardy soul to put up with snow from now until April.

Mari—good luck!

Mary—I read your post as “Time Zone was hard last night…” and for a second thought “Oh no! Was I supposed to change the clocks last night?”  I’ve had my coffee now and am better.

Easy 5.2 today in dense fog and warm (60s) swampy feel after rain all night.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I was able to drag my 10lb heavier arse out of bed ....

Boy, can I ever relate to THAT!   Sad

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

62° F
            100% RH

Trying to speed up my silly easy pace (SEP).
            6 miles.
            Average pace: 9:40.

I was being chased through the swamp by brown and orange but mostly yellow candy corn.

Tramps: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/constellation/ares/flighttests/aresIx/index.html

Mary:  That's what she said.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Same swampy, rainy  60°'s here this morning.

6 miles in 56:30 (9:25, AHR 157).  Why is it that the big puddles hide on the darkest parts of the road and team up with pockets of hot air that steam the glasses so you can't see?  Mother nature consipracy if you ask me.

I saw on Today Show that Christopher Reeves' son is running the NYC Marathon Sunday.  March he was a couch potato... good for him and the Reeves foundation!

NYC Marathon is being televised on NBC Sunday at 2pm which is great.  Run marathon in the morning and watch one in the afternoon... sounds like a beer run will be required on the way home from City of Oaks..

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

5 easy-paced miles for me today (ave 9:59) on legs that were not so sproinky as yesterday, followed by weighted squats, dead lifts, weighted duck squats, push-ups, dumbbell curls, crunches and 5 chin-ups, separately.  I’m moving into “more weights/less running” for a while, although I expect it won’t be a lot less running.

Fatozzig – I don’t think I’m going to get those p90x videos after all, at least right now.  DH’s overtime is ending, we have Christmas presents to buy, and I know I’ll need some new shoes before long as well.  Our library system (have I mentioned how much I love our library) has hundreds of workout videos spread out over their 22 branches, so I’ve put a few of them on reserve to try.  I’ll let you know if any of them are particularly butt-kicking. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly,

I'd like to see you do the FIRST program as it is laid out in the book.  Run only when it says to and crosstrain on the other days.  Your legs will be sooo fresh.  I think you'd become vey fast, very quickly.

5 easy miles at 9:15 pace.  I was going to throw in some striders near the end, but the right hamstring is still not quite 100%.  So I decided against them.  Don't want to do anything stupid.  Maybe this weekend some striders will work.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

dg.

Perch, I thnk Mother Nature is giggling. 

Rose,  Big grin

Slo_hand...  I'm sure that extra 10 will be short lived.  in the meantime it provides resistance training. :-).    sounds like a diligent effort this week .. but don't get a swimming injury.  good luck on your cycling clearance.

Has Sue posted and I've missed it?  She ran the MC marathon too.   

I was going to ask about post marathon training shifts... it's kind of exciting having another fresh start & seeing what you can do better!   But this comes first.   I saw my PT yesterday, and she kindly took a look at my knee.   It's been hurting 3 or 4 miles into my runs, doens't like me to pivot, clicks when I straighten it.  She thinks it's a tendon spasm in the back (has a funny name but I forget what it's called), & .poor medial meniscus mobility.  I thought maybe that meant I didn't need to worry about it but she said no, I have to be really careful not to tear it.  Guess I did know that.  Anyway!  I'll try to get into the sports med doc again next week, maybe with her input he'll spend a little more time on it..      I'm not sure what to do in the meantime.   only plan... every other day running, ( no idea if that's good,  but thought maybe) , stop when it hurts , & cross fiber massage.   probably ice though she didn't mention it.    Sorry this is so long!!   I want to do this right while i still have a chance for it to be ok!  Any ideas?

oh, this morning I did Matt Fitzgerald's resistance workout from week 5 in  the level 2 marathon training plan.  I should have looked ahead last training cycle, level 1 was too easy in that area.  This was a pretty good workout.

5 miles with T...37 degrees,partly cloudy...trying to get back into it...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                      wildchild

Carolyn

SNOW DAY!  YAY!   Like Erika, we've got snow till next April, too. But it's not all bad.  School's closed, and I'm working at home, with a fire in the woodstove.  Of course, running will be a challenge - we've got 18" of snow, and it's not predicted to stop snowing till tomorrow sometime. Guess I can cross train by shoveling...

Jeanne, if we're all Baby Will's aunts and uncles, does that make you our mom? 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg.

SNOW DAY!  YAY!   Like Erika, we've got snow till next April, too. But it's not all bad.  School's closed, and I'm working at home, with a fire in the woodstove.  Of course, running will be a challenge - we've got 18" of snow, and it's not predicted to stop snowing till tomorrow sometime. Guess I can cross train by shoveling...

Jeanne, if we're all Baby Will's aunts and uncles, does that make you our mom? 

Big grin

nice cozy day there Carolyn.  I"d like, maybe 2 of those.    well, not 18".  eek.

yay Gordon!

Holly - Yes, let me know of any particular workouts you like.  For now I'll be sticking to 2 days of cross training and my mileage going up, up, up, but after my run in April, my coach has said he's cutting me off re "competition training" for at least 3 months.  During that time, I'd like to hit the weights harder and do some other cardio besides running and stationary biking.

Garmy died on me about 10 min into my run this a.m., so I guesstimate I did 5 miles in about 50 min or less since I was doing striders.  It was a clear, crisp beautiful morning with TONS of stars.  Very nice!

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Go Gordon!

DG, sounds like a sound plan.

TRAMPS!  AAMOS!  Ares I-X successfully launched and the r.s. was there!  (And so was his brother!)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33504843/ns/technology_and_science-space/

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

I think we're getting what Carolyn's got later on this evening (my office is about 3 doors down from the Head of Emergency Management for the COunty, so they send out periodic emails on this kind of situation).

Here's the latest:

... A POWERFUL WINTER STORM WILL BRING SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW TO MANY PARTS OF THE REGION TODAY THROUGH THURSDAY...

.A STRONG STORM SYSTEM OVER THE ROCKIES WILL MOVE TOWARDS THE PLAINS LATE TODAY INTO THURSDAY. THIS WILL BRING AREAS OF HEAVY SNOW TO MUCH OF WESTERN AND SOUTH CENTRAL SOUTH DAKOTA... ALONG WITH OVER PARTS OF NORTHEAST WYOMING. ALONG WITH THE SNOW... GUSTY NORTHERLY WINDS WILL DEVELOP BRINGING BLOWING SNOW WITH REDUCED VISIBILITIES TO MUCH OF THE AREA.

Looks as if tomorrow may be an enforced rest day .

Hey Sue, did you run the MCM?  Let's compare notes--post a RR!

grins,

A

Edited to add:  Pop open the champagne for the RS!  Here's to AresI-X!!!! 

AND how could I forget, BEST of the BEST wishes to all our NYC marathoners! 

Have fun, and be sure to catch the NYC colors on the EMpire State Bldg at night.  Pshew, hope no one gets delayed by this storm (I'm sitting here being grateful I went last year and not this year, as my flight might be in jeopardy!)

Masters 2000 miles