Masters Running

Fri Mar 7 Runs and Workouts (Read 528 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

So yesterday my boss took all the office people to lunch - 6 of us total. As we were leaving there were 3 of us in the elevator including my boss. I told them that I had just signed up for a 25K race this spring. This is a well known race in our area. This morning I get into work and a coworker says "Hey! How come you didn't tell me you were running a Marathon!" I was baffled - and said because I didn't know I was!? Well, the boss is telling everyone that I am running a marathon and getting all teary eyed as he tells people. I guess he must be proud of me . . . . Smile I'll have to break the news to him that it is only 15.5 miles - not 26.2. I think it is the "25K" that seems to confuse him as we have gone over this before. ~Mary Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, Mary, that's cool that you're running a marathon! You go, girl! Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Some good news!!! In mediation today, I was able to finally get clarification that there would be no changes in our current child custody arrangements. Meaning my weeks remain the same. My wife had been on the warpath to change it which would have messed up plans with the girls for the year and also have me have opposite weeks from my girlfriend. We currently do not have any weekends, so not having same weeks would have been a disaster. My wife also agreed to change the switch over date from Monday to Friday starting on June 25th (last day of school). This will allow the girls downtime when they switch over...ie: we get to spend a weekend together vs doing homework the first night we see each other. I had to make some concessions and yes there was some nastiness but I also got my wife to agree to stop sending nasty emails. ie: just about the children, not about us. So some progress...now hopefully the doctor gives me good news so I can start running again. No snow yet...but I can feel it coming. Take care Tall (hibernating this weekend)

Recent Best times: None recently

Dale, not sure which is crazier. The run you did yesterday or that 7-8 minute cold shower. In any event, for doing both, you're my hero this week. Dave, get well! Lurking gives serious kicks out to the crud, I hear. nonoruns, on second thought, you're my hero this week. Okay, heroine. Dale remains my hero. Welcome! Holly, your whine about your DL is timely because our firm just sent out an e-mail that they're revamping our website and are going to take new photos. Everyone here is complaining, "But I was 3 years younger (me); "But I was 3 years lighter" (several)... We've all been assured the photographer works miracles. Wink Have fun bowling. My kids love it, too. When we were Wisconsin at Christmastime we went for the first time in a long time with my mom, sisters and nieces at 10:00 a.m. one day for something to do on a cold day. We had to go then because the rest of the day was booked with bowling leagues. You know you're in Wisconsin when (1) you can't get a lane because of leagues and (2) there are other people there at 10:00 a.m., too, drinking Miller in the bowling alley bar. Big grin evryday, snork!!! (he deserved that) ((CNY)) - I owe you mail! Been thinking about you lots this week. Got the 12 in yesterday. Hamstrings a wee bit tight but all systems go otherwise. Easy 5 or so today. Resting tomorrow instead. Happy Friday, all.
            Vista, I'm sorry to hear about your brother's health issues. I hope his treatment helps him and that he is able to recover and take better care of himself. CNY, I'm also sorry to hear of your brother's problems. I can imagine feeling bad for him and feeling helpless in the situation. Tall, I'm glad to hear there was some good news coming from your mediation session. Dr. Dale, you did some fantastic mileage yesterday. Congratulations. Nice long run for breger today. This morning it was about 20 degrees with a little wind and decent road conditions. I set out for an overdue 12 miles. The run was hard and got really tough the last several miles. When I finally finished in about 1:55 for a 9:36 pace, I felt that if I'd had another 50 yards to go I would have died. When I checked the numbers after the run, I was pleased to see I had negative splits by over 2 minutes and the last mile was the fastest (8:59). After stretching, wimpy mini weight session, shower, and breakfast, the endorphins were coursing through my body and I felt great. Half an hour later, however, the enorphins died and I almost fell asleep reading the morning paper. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
            evanflein

Btb - you were TEMPTED by BUD LIGHT???? What's wrong with you???
              Heh, Wildchild, you read my mind! I think it's self-explanatory how that stuff got dumped. Taking up valuable space in the trunk that could be used for, oh, say real beer?? Holly, I see Bill's not answering you. Must be playing coy. yes, you get points for stretching as an "alternative" workout. 1 point for 5 minutes, no fractions, limit of 12 points a day (so, one hour of alternative activity like yoga, stretching, weight lifting, etc). Good luck with the DL shot. I have a pretty good one this time around and would like to keep it. I'm sure in 2012 I won't look nearly as good! We could see record high temps today, and the sun is shining out there now with partly cloudy skies. Looks so nice, and I'm in here. Angry And it gets better... by 4:30 or so it could be rain mixed with snow to make our already slick roads just about treacherous. Sounds like a good night to stay home. Rest day, today, too. Which means appetite is on full power. Got the munchies today...
              btb1490

Quote from wildchild on 3/7/2008 at 11:32 AM: Btb - you were TEMPTED by BUD LIGHT???? What's wrong with you??? Heh, Wildchild, you read my mind! I think it's self-explanatory how that stuff got dumped. Taking up valuable space in the trunk that could be used for, oh, say real beer??
                Sheesh, tough crowd here! Wink Ok, clearly I wasn't thinking clearly, as usual. But... it was early, I hadn't woken up yet. Plus it was dark and cold, not that that has anything to do with anything. Did I mention it was early?? I wonder what WRFB would have to say about this... Roll eyes

Marathon Maniac #957

After stretching, wimpy mini weight session, shower, and breakfast, the endorphins were coursing through my body and I felt great. Half an hour later, however, the enorphins died and I almost fell asleep reading the morning paper.
                  Big grin The same thing happens to me, Tom. Sundays, after my LR, I feel great for about an hour, then almost fall asleep in church. Erika - thanks! BTB - good luck! I hope the weather predictions aren't as dire as predicted. Oh, and the driver's license picture, well, let's just say it's back to the stereotype for driver's license pictures: I look somewhere between heavily drugged and surprised... Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Happy runs, workouts, rests, TGIF FRIDAY everyone! Ran a 2 miler last night to shake out the legs. i learned from my last run at the Honda corporate campus about possible skunk encounters. This time I let the FASTER people go ahead of me on the track and kept them 75 yards ahead. They were my human shields in case they flushed out a skunk Tongue but nothing happened so I'll have to try this again next week. Spareribs, I read alot of your running wisdom (kept a copy of your hill workout advice before CR went down). Of course, the marital advice is a big entertainer. Huz thought it was funny but wasn't about to put me in the trunk to test it out. He remembers who's going to change his diaper and feed him mush. Please give my regards to The Saint Big grin.
                    wildchild

Carolyn

Got out for a beautiful 7 mile trail run at lunch, on the South Boulder Creek trail. I should have had my usual mid-morning snack, because I was tired and out of energy by the end of the run. Avg pace 10:20. Nice day to be out - 46 degrees, some sunshine, light breeze. IRC. We can't try Spareribs' dog/spouse experiment at my house because we don't own a vehicle with a trunk. Just a pickup and a Subaru Forester. Lucky for us. Wink I really wouldn't mind sitting in the back of the truck or car for an hour with the dogs.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Have fun bowling. My kids love it, too. When we were Wisconsin at Christmastime we went for the first time in a long time with my mom, sisters and nieces at 10:00 a.m. one day for something to do on a cold day. We had to go then because the rest of the day was booked with bowling leagues. You know you're in Wisconsin when (1) you can't get a lane because of leagues and (2) there are other people there at 10:00 a.m., too, drinking Miller in the bowling alley bar. Big grin Hey Soundie, wait a minute! You must have been at the bowling alley on a weekday. I live in Wisconsin, and I know that weekends aren't that busy, plus they drink beer before 10:00, and they don't bother going in the bar - they have it delivered right to the lanes! There's that old Green Bay saying: "we're a drinking town with a football problem." Joking aside, I wish you could be here during the summer - we have some great running events in the state. It's really not all beer, football and cheese, honest!
                          Jeanne, oh trust me, I grew up an hour from Green Bay and lived in WI some 28 years... I know all about bowling and beer. Smile And, yes, I know there's more to the state than those things -- it's a beautiful state with some of the most friendly people on earth. Unfortunately, it won't have Brent Favre any more... Cry And where else in the world can you get fried cheese curds? One of these days, I'll run the Milwaukee Lakefront or Mad City Marathon.
                            Tall- good to see some things falling your way today, one of them not being snow yet. Another 3.5 this afternoon to give me 11.5 for the day, just to get any kinks out.
                              had the blahs today - even shopping at the mall didn't help but i finally pulled it together and hit the gym!! .5 mile walking 3 miles running .9 miles walking to total 4.4 on the treadmill abs/obliques.........leg/back/chest machines have a great weekend everyone!! my plan is to get a long run in tomorrow either before or after son's b-ball game at 9:15 .........then head in to 3 12 hour night shifts in a row - yuck!!

denise

Cashmason

Tall, really glad to see things are finally starting to fall your way!