Masters Running

For this I am thankful...Wednesday Nov. 25th daily thread (Read 516 times)

TammyinGP

I am thankful that Tet posts with us rather than searching out a "taper board" . . . I wonder what those people talk about?

probably no run for me today. We are closing up the office at 3 p.m., but I have much grocery shopping to do, so will take care of that after work. I always say "I won't wait until the day before Thanksgiving to do my shopping" and yet I always do for some reason. I have it easy this year though. Only have to make a pumpkin pie and I'm bringing a fruit salad also. My mom and dad are making everything else.

DS and I will run in a turkey trot in the morning. Just 2 miles. It'll be his first race though, so it will be fun for both of us! I sure would love it if he placed in his AG or got a door prize or something. That would make it so much fun for him.

I took Friday off also - although certainly not to do any shopping!  Will spend the day at home, maybe get down some Christmas decorations and are planning on seeing Blindside also.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

Tammy

I'm thankful for my family and a husband who tolerates my my passion for this crazy running thing I got into a few years ago.

I'm thankful that, in this tough economy, I have two part-time jobs, and that the partners at my new job took me in even though they are in the middle of tough financial times.

I am thankful for all of you and the support provide for one another in every aspect of our lives.

--------------------------

Had a most excellent run this morning!  Thought it might be a stinker 'cause I got up about half an hour late, had to stop at the store at the end of the first mile to use the bathroom,  and had to go back to the store after I was about half a mile away because I left my pepper spray in the bathroom.  But I could tell my legs were feeling rather sproinky.  Sproinkier than they have a in a long time.  Schedule called for 10 miles with strides every 10 minutes.  Finished my first 6 in what I think is my fastest time (58.31), and definitely finished the entire 10 in my fast time,1:36.  Heck, I even got ready for work in record time!  Must be something in the air this morning.

The Hub and I went and saw "The Blind Side" last night.  Go see it and stay through the credits. It's really a fantastic movie.  Very heartwarming, and a remarkable story.

Have a great Turkey Day tomorrow.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

#artbydmcbride

I am thankful for my health, and for running, and for all the wonderful people I have met through running!   I am thankful for my loving husband and my peaceful community.  I am thankful for my beloved country and the man of integrity now leading it.   I am thankful for art, poetry, music and philosophy, and I am thankful to the Creator who brought us all into being.

I am also thankful for delicious juicy turkeys and warm golden corn bread!  

Runners run

last night had dinner with a friend who moved from the suburbs to a studio apt in Boston right across from the Boston Common!!  

What's the address?  We're all staying there next April.  Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Jlynne

The Hub and I went and saw "The Blind Side" last night.  Go see it and stay through the credits. It's really a fantastic movie.  Very heartwarming, and a remarkable story.

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I highly recommend the book.

((( Mary )))

Oh God I am so thankful that I can run again!!!!!!!

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

TammyinGP

What's the address?  We're all staying there next April.  Smile

Everyone is staying in Deez's friends' studio apartment?  I wonder if she knows that. . .

Tammy

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I highly recommend the book.

That book is on my list.  Also saw previews for a couple of other movies made from books that I know want to read, "These Lovely Bones" and "Precious" (name of actually book is "Push").  The second one looks like a very hard watch (as in heart wrenching), but it looks like it could be excellent.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Leslie - "Lovely Bones" is a great book!   I am almost done with "Push".   It is kind of hard to read and I know that I will have to watch the movie all by myself along with a box of kleenex.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good afternoon, gang!

Mari - enjoyed the thread opener - thanks!!

No run for me today.  In fact, no workout at all.  I'm working at home - trying to catch up before the holiday.  I just might make it before Jesse and I have to hit the road for class. 

DH and I are running the Manchester Road Race tomorrow - just a fun run so we're running it together.  We were invited to a friend's house for dinner, so I don't have to cook other than a pumpkin pie to share. 

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck with the turkey trots/fun runs!!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Wow, I am really thankful for deez's friend's apartment--now we have a place to party in April!  Be sure to pack the beers, Beers!

I am also really missing and very thankful for the Boston Red Sox.  The thrill of victory is only enhanced by the agony of defeat, and we have known both over the decades. 

<<stop tossing things, now.  I'm going to go run and I won't feel them. >>

I said my mushy stuff yesterday in the daily.

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
                        evanflein

The Lovely Bones was a great book, but sad. Those emotionally wrenching books are good to read, but hard. I've never heard of Push.

We saw The Hurt Locker last night. Oh geez, what a powerful movie. We went to our favorite movie house which is a bar outside of town where you can get food and drinks while watching the movie. That's where we saw Slumdog Millionaire too. Had sweet potato fries, steak sandwiches, cabernet and a movie. Took our kids too (they had cokes and burgers). First time there for them and they liked it. Nice to have that as an option; 5:30 pm movie time, no smoking and comfy chairs. But that movie last night was intense.

I'm thankful for all you guys. It's nice to be able to go on and on about my running and have you guys listen, respond, commiserate and encourage. My family should be thankful for you, too, because I don't have to drone on and on about my running to them! Funny, I don't think they quite see it that way.

Tammy, tell Laura I always get out for weekend runs outside in the sunshine... but I'm so bundled up it probably doesn't help. I take Calcium + Vit. D every day, too.

PBJ, I think that was funny! The waiters over there must be of the dry sort.

I'll try to get a RAL done, just a quickie on the gym treadmill. DS2 leaves for his soccer tournament in San Diego tonight so we'll be missing him for Thanksgiving. He's extremely excited... if you're interested, here's the link to his schedule.

http://www.nomadssoccer.org/schedules/2009Nov27-29/14189917.html

Everyone is staying in Deez's friends' studio apartment?  I wonder if she knows that. . .

lol - that would be a tight squeeze for sure!!  but get this one -- another one of my single work friends is moving into the Parklane Seaport in a couple of weeks -- talk about luxury apartment living!!  they do rent out rooms like  a hotel for around $200/night -- a little pricey but if you want luxury in Boston for the marathon it would be a beautiful place to look into!!

denise

Tramps

That the best part; it'll be a surprise. "SURPRISE!!" 

Leslie--nice running this morning!

Erika--that place sounds nice.  I used to go something like that in my Boston days.  Now we're just Netflix addicts; we basically stopped watching TV a few years back.

On movies....I haven't see or read it but FWIW "The Blind Side" is stirring up some controversy.  I know the preview creeped me out for just this reason, but it's good to know some of you liked it so much.  I've heard very good things about "Hurt Locker" and it's definitely in my Netflix queue.  This is "old" (2008) but I recently saw "Doubt" and thought Philip Seymour Hoffman and Meryl Streep were just excellent; a pleasure to watch mature, quality actors with a solid script.

Be safe. Be kind.

dg.

hi!

Thanks Nancy. 

I'm not opening up my mushy stuff right now, but it's all in there.   

Ilene I think you are very sweet.

PBJ I think you're funny too.    and. it's too late I bet, but I was going to ask you to pick up a few pairs of earrings for me, cheap. 

nice to see both Beers.   

you're bringing the beer to deez's friends place?   cool.

Slo  thank you for checking in!    So sorry your trial run hurt .   I was going to post yesterday, to you & to Twocat, saying pretty please keep posting.  It  has been so great that you have both stuck around; you add a lot to this forum.

this mornng I went to the gym... switched days because they don't open till 7 tomorrow.   20 min. ellipticalling, 30 min. recumbent biking, then the weight machines, up & down, stab. ball reverse crunches & side planks.  a short walk with sadie when I got home. 

am hurrying because I get to leave now!  

(((group hug.)))    (not being sarcastic!)