Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - w/e 04/10 (Read 545 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

mostly 3-4 miles with lots of pee, roll, and sniff stops. 

I've had a couple of runs like that, and I didn't even have Max with me. 

Arla--sorry you were under the weather the whole trip.   baby whales seems like it might make it worthwhile.

Joe--have a good trip to Andover.  Wave as you go by, you'll be about 3 towns away from me.  That sounds like it might be a fun race.  just went and looked it up.  Serious runners--the winner did it in under an hour.  Which sounds VERY fast for a trail race.  If I was a little higher in milage I would be tempted to come up.

Happy taper to all.

I took an impromptu rest day for no really good reason other than an extra hour of sleep.  I thought I might do something when I got home, but it was in the low 80's and all I felt like doing was sitting.  Max is just sitting and panting.  At the moment I don't feel too guilty.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Queen of 3rd Place

Pee, roll, sniff - ah, must be spring!!

Just to give you guys an idea about these silly whales, here's someone else's video. We had an even better encounter than this, but you'll get the idea. There's no food involved, they just come up for getting scratches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka6x5I0F7XM

Didn't run today, just slept and slept, my night class is taking a test so I can just sit here and not have to talk

Ex runner

it was in the low 80's and all I felt like doing was sitting.  Max is just sitting and panting.  At the moment I don't feel too guilty.

I'd say Max was probably happy there was no running, too.

Joe - Have fun with the trail run.  How convenient!  Nice and slow.  We don't want any turned ankles right before your marathon.

Ev -

Arla - Very cool video.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

"Easy" (felt hard) 4+ with sproinky legs and everything from the legs up not-sproinky at all.

I can just say I'm helping y'all taper.

Ex runner

A quick hello to everyone and welcome back Arla!

A big "GO GET 'EM LESLIE", have a great time and good luck!

Jewels

But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
            stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Have a great race Leslie.  I'm amazed that you'll be doing more in a day than I do in a month.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

jfa

Good Luck Leslie !!! When the going gets tough, trust your training. You have a ton of hay in that barn of yours and you're going to Rawk!!!

flatland mountaineer

Have a Super Race Leslie! You have found solutions to your issues and tons of training under your belt in this cycle! Go get em'.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Run Forest Leslie run! In the forest.  Time to savor the experience and know that your fan club here is cheering for you!!
                    Progress Trumps Pefection

Queen of 3rd Place

Leslie - I guess you must be traveling tomorrow, so have a safe trip and kick some butt!!

Ex runner

Thanks, everyone!!!  We're in Sacto and ate a huge pasta dinner about an hour ago.  I'm big and I'm ready for some sleep.  Tomorrow we'll do a recon of the aid stations, some grocery shopping, then hit Old Town Sac for a little while.

I'll be keeping you all with me Saturday.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

I'm a bit late but Good Luck Leslie!!!!!  Have fun!!!!

Hi Everyone! A job where I can check in a bit more. Went to go for a trail run last night after dropping the boys off at lacrosse practice and there were some friends of mine waiting for other people to do a group run! What a treat to run with other people-I've pretty much been running alone all winter unless you count treadmill time in the gym with people on either side of you :-)

Joe, checked out the race you're going to tomorrow and had a thought of surprising you but I really need to stay home and work on my taxes. Andover is only 3.5 hrs away from me and I wouldn't have to deal with Boston traffic...that race is part of the Western Mass Athletic Club Grand Tree Series WMAC which I usually do a couple of for training races. The races are low key, inexpensive, a good time and sometimes attended by some of the better East Coast trail runners.

Have a good weekend everyone! You know what I'll be doing-running and taxes!

Kelly  

If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

flatland mountaineer

Yes almost forgot , Joe have fun at your race and watch your feet and not do what I did on the trail, so you'll be ready for your big one!

Hi Kelly cool you got to run with the group, glad you stopped by.

Wow Arla thats some nasty crud, I posted on your thread about how we always used to get sick right after harvest, my theroy it was the mental letdown etc., Kewl whale watch/petting.

Kevin ROFL on the pee rool and sniff stops!! Hope you get some cooler run temps.

Carol bet Katy is loving those 3-4 milers. The chamber gorup sounds fun.

Cindy just a few more weeks til Breck closes, hope the car thing works out for ya.

Hi Jewels how was spring break?

Ev I wouldn't even need a whiskey barrel planter and would love some fresh garden produce but its kinda like work ;-) Hows your taper going?

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Joe, your race isn't until next weekend, right?
                              But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

jfa

Correctamungo Jewels. The big one anyway (next Sat). I  just finished a computer upgrade up here in Mass, and just so happens there's a trail race right outside my hotel tomorrow morning. Looking at partly sunny, 45* / 17 mph west wind,and muddy trails after pouring all day today. Yep, sounds like IRC to me. Think I'm going for it.