Masters Running

January Boomer Miles (Read 674 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thank you wildgoddess but beautiful pictures like that make it even harder to think of running in the winter instead of skiing. broke my winter taper for 3.2 smiles in the annual New Year's Day Resolution Run/Dip with divechief and goddesses soundi, arfi, and franci.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

HermosaBoy

8.8 miles of running pre surgery Black eye 80.5 miles on the elyptical Confused Confused 0.7 on the treadmill this week Running starts again on Monday! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Hill Runner

Thanks Wildchild... 153.1 miles for the month & year.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

145 crummy miles, tapering for and then recovering from my non-pr marathon. good thing i'm not bitter. or injured. go boomers go!
              Thanks wildchild! 286.5 miles (a PR) 10k PR of 42:50 Thanks again!
              Dave
              "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
              --- Clarence DeMar
              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Yes, thank you for starting. I did think I was going to miss this posting, no matter how low I am. Tramps--must feel strange to post your own miles after so long Smile 43.7 Miles for me running and 15 miles for me and Max walking. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

GreenMan

Love the pic WildChild Thanks for hosting 258 running PR (I promise not to let it happen again, least until August) 146 biking JJJ
                  Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                  Cashmason

51.4 miles in January for me.
                      Thanks Wildchild. Beautiful photo. I had to look up where Blawk Hawk, CO was. This is one of the few times I've posted my mileage. Now that I'm using an online log and being good about it, maybe it won't be the last this year. I'm really enjoying checking out others' RA logs, too. Squeezed a run in today to get to 215.5. Good month of solid running. 10k masters PR of 45:31.
                      evanflein

Well, like mcsolar I had a marathon in there with the requisite taper and recovery period... So my January miles are 158. I'm not bitter either. Big grin (If you're tracking... 20.3 miles walking this month, I think that's a PR!)
                          Hey Carolyn, thanks for doing this. I may go over to Kick and post there as well. January had me hobbled with a knee issue for several days, but somehow I still managed to get in 173.1 miles, to just crack ahead of that Pace Bunny to close out the month. He's going to get ahead of me for a couple of days, but my long run on Sunday should give me a good lead. Good running, everyone!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

The Jogger

Bad month for me: 64m Thanks wildchild. Roy
                            Teresadfp

One day at a time

71.5 miles in January for me, a record! I also started going to an integrated strength training class at the YMCA, and I went to it 4 times in January. Teresa

GreenMan

Teresa, your doing great and wise to integrate that strength training. Right on track. Nice Job! jjj
                                Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.