Masters Running

Mon Sep 21 Runs and Workouts (Read 536 times)

Good morning, everyone!

Little recovery run for me...

3.2 miles, 29:30, 9:22/mi, AHR 124 (64% MHR)

Because you asked Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hey WRFB.....is that just the best picture?! Completely blissed out baby. Fantastic start to the day and week. Thanks!

Recovery run for me as well---7 :10 am, 5 miles, no watch, 37º, bright sunshine (high of 80º today)....all good.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

AWWW

5.2 ez miles in 49:02 (9:26 pace, AHR 139) 2 with dogs

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Wow - what a mellow baby! Looks like he was just fed and had a clean diaper! Nice picture, Lou.

Some nice easy recovery miles by Lou, Karin and Perch this morning.

It was raining at 4:30 when my alarm went off. It would have been REAL easy to shut it off and go back to sleep, but I got up and went to the Y for some cross training. 5 miles on the eliptical followed with 20 minutes on the weight machines.

Bill - sorry about your MIL. Hope your DW is doing okay through all of this.

This is an early question, but just wondering if anyone is doing the Disney half or full next January? I'm looking for some feedback on weather possibilities, the course, etc.

Have a great day everyone.

Thanks Jlynne.

Also, Jlynne, I may be running the Disney Full (not decided yet).  But if you drop me an email I'll be glad to give you details on the course, weather, etc.  I ran it as my first Full Marathon back in Jan. 2007.

Email me at my RA name (spelled correctly!) at bellsouth dot net

I had a run much like Lou's today.  3.5 recovery miles with his HR average but about 30 seconds/mile slower than his.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Slo

Great picture Lou !!!!

No run to report for today yet. Hopefully later.

I had scheduled an easy 13 miler for yesterday. I threw in the towel at 10 miles.........On Saturday I did an adventure race. Given the distances and location I didn't think it would be that hard. WRONG.....I'll post a slightly more detailed RR later.

Sunday I was sore as hell and the effort it was taking me to run at an "easy pace" was too much. Considering the race took me 1:35 at pretty much an all out effort I didn't need a longer run today....I needed a recovery run. By the time I had that figured out though I already invested 8 miles into yesterdays run.

Doing an Adventure Race 8 days out from a Marathon prolly is not the most intelligent thing to do......I wasn't the only one though !

And Finally.......

Please, no condolences hugs or otherwise. I'm just asking for those that pray to add my Grandfather to your prayers. We have been sitting in vigil with him. He took a bad fall 40 days ago and has had a tough go since surgery. On Wed we celebrated his 96th birthday. On Thursday he entered into a deep and restful state. He is under hospice care. I know he is not ready go and I have been praying that he finds peace.    Thank you

Hey there SLO_HAND, I have been wondering where you've been. Hang in there and while I won't send condolences as you ask, I will wish you peace and for your Grandfather too in whatever form that will take. My almost 99 year-old Grandmother is moving in with us primarily to combat the loneliness and depression of outliving all her friends. Each minute with these most elderly members of our families are beyond precious.

Take care of your emotional well being before this marathon. You have done the training----just visualize the race now, try to get rest and send your Grandfather your strong presence.

Marathon Maniac #957

OMG – what an awesome picture!

Breger – my condolences to your family for your loss.

Slo_Hand – he (and your family) are in my prayers.

X-training day for me.  I decided to break up the lower body stuff a little, so last night I did 30 weighted squats, 30 dead lifts, 30 lunges.  Then this morning it was dumbbell curls, lateral raises, superman lifts, push-ups, leg lifts w/ankle weights, face-up and face down, stability ball crunches, and 5 chin-ups, one at a time.

Plus 2 easy-paced miles on the TM (10:20).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh, what an absolutley precious picture!!   Thanks Lou!!

JLynne - I'm thinking about doing the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon in March.   Interested in that??  Smile

Slo - praying of your Grandfather.

My condolonces to you and your family Bill.

SteveP - thank you so much for that link yesterday.  I was wondering how to find out about those!!  Big grin

I never did get out for a run yesterday.   I got so involved in my bottles that I just couldn't find the motivation later on.   Today is a usual rest day.    I'm not sure if I am going to try to sell bottles on-line at this point, so I simply created a blog to show my newest creations if anyone is interested in seeing:

Hopeful's melted bottles

Happy Monday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

KR cousin here,

Slo - I'll pray for your grandfather and family. 

CNY - You're a sweetie

Holly - nice half under trying circumstances.

Sweet picture Lou.

Mary - are you going to market your melted bottles?   I might interested in one or two.

ksrunr

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

Tramps

I don't know, Lou.  That kid looks drunk to me.  You're not letting him into the home brew already are you?

Ambling 3-miler sans Garmin.

Be safe. Be kind.

lamerunner

Good morning. Nothing yet; probably another pool day.  Foot appt got put off so I still don't have the MRI results. Secretly hoping it heals before I find out, but that is not realistic.

Busy weekend here. DS 10 had  karate black belt testing  Friday night, for his second degree belt, so we had to drive down to the upper part of  Cape Cod Friday afternoon. Worst drive I have ever had. Took us 4 hours  insteaad of the usual 2.  We arrived just barely in time for him to change and line up. He did great though, and I was very grateful I had elected to stay in a half-decent motel with a tavern so we could grab a late supper.

Saturday morning we did our usual IHOP breakfast then an easy ike ride on the Cape Cod canal, then back to NH for his soccer game. I did manage a one mile swim late on Saturday and a very nice 45 mile bike ride yesterday, hilly! 

Great running to everyone here...

wildchild

Carolyn

What a sweet picture of baby Nate! Thanks, Lou; good way to start the daily.

SloHand, I'd love to hear more about that adventure race.  And wishing peace to you and your grandfather.

Karin, you and your family are really great for taking in Super Granny. I'm sure she'll love living with you, especially with your kiddo to keep her young at heart.

Mary, I love your website!

It's cold and rainy here today, and it's supposed to snow in the  mountains.  I'll run at lunch or after work if it's not too dismal out there.  I don't mind running in the rain if it's not too cold, but I can't really do that at lunchtime without my coworkers wondering why I look like a drowned rat.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SLO - Praying for peace and comfort for you, your family, and your Grandpa.

Some wonderful elderly folks - Mary's mom turned 93, SLO's grandpa is 96, CNY's grandma is almost 99.  What a wonderful thing.  And just think of the changes these folks have seen in their lifetimes.  Truly amazing when you stop to think about it.

Lou - That's a face that says, "I've eaten, I've burped, I've pooped, I'm clean, full, and content.  What more could you ask for."

Rest day for me, and with the excepting of two howling cats (Wilson, who always wants under the covers and Fatso - well, just because he's really old and he can), I got some good extra sleep.  Felt wonderful.

Have a great week ~

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Great picture of babyBeer.

Carolyn, snow already? ohhh nooooooo.

Holly, you must be so happy with your HM result. Your hard work is really paying off.

Jlynne, Erika ran Disney in the past, she would have good suggestions for you.

I can't wait to ready SLO's adventure race's RR.

Lovely Monday morning recovery run for me. 4 timeless miles. It was good.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard