Masters Running

40+ on the run w/e 1/18 (Read 459 times)

jfa

SR and Ev - The two funny men of the forum.
    These guys get all the glory, and probably the hot chicks too. Just to be fair, Jim's been known to crack a good one now and then too! (yea what's with the doggie ultimatum there Jim?) Thoroughly and completely embraced the suck tonight. PB for temp this year so far . 8 miler @ 9:30 pace. 14* with a RF of 4*. Yes

xor

Oh, I think everybody is funny! Share the love! And the hot chicks! (for the record, NO, "class clown" does not generally land the babes)

xor

Jim - it's me or the dog? Where'd that come from - did I miss something while I was gone? SR - I hear you're doing RNR San Diego in May. I may have to stalk you. Arla
        I am, I am. Please join us.

Ultrachick

Hi Guys! You are a busy bunch. I stopped by earlier today and caught up on most of the conversation. Did notice that Arla's marathon is not conveniently posted anywhere here! and I'm too lazy to go to the race report thread. So I don't know what I've been doing this week-looking for work, networking looking for work, taught 4 mat pilates classes by Wed night, slipped on the ice Tuesday and bruised my left knee so I haven't been running (teaching Pilates was tricky), lifting weights, riding the bike nice and easy, no one showed up for my 6:30 am classes (bagging them so I can sleep too!), busy with kid stuff-soccer, lacrosse, basketball, band concert and did I mention looking for work? Sorry this isn't more personalized-it's 10 below and I need to stuff the woodstove Kelly
          If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
            It is 48 degrees here on the E. Coast of florida so I know it is really cold everywhere else. Brrrrr....... TGIF to everyone and stay warm.......Jewels
            But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
              These guys get all the glory, and probably the hot chicks too.
              I have no guts...therefore, no glory. And the only hot chick I ever got was my wife...... but her vision is extremely near sided and she has no sense of smell. evrydays disclaimer....... My sincere apologies to near sighted hot women who can't smell. I mean no offense.
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Queen of 3rd Place

Kelly - as usual, you leave me breathless! Good luck with the job hunt! ...rr in a nutshell - 4:55-somethin', negative splits, took it easy (had to, it was crowded), had a really good time, humidity sucks. Smile Leslie - where'd you get your speed work program? From your coach? What's his philosophy? I've been reading Jack Daniels. He's a little skimpy on suggestions for marathon workouts, basically he suggests sticking to tempo workouts and bagging the more intense stuff like intervals. I like the tempo runs, but so far I've only done them when the mood strikes. Joe - those temps would keep most folks under the covers or on the dreadmill! WTG!! SR - seriously looking at RNR. I will be in San Diego around that time anyway to visit family. Big grin Sounds nicer than LA, even though LA went back to the old course, that 8 am start scares me! Dead Arla

Ex runner

Morning, Folks - Ev - You continually crack me up. And the rest of you men in here - you leave me breathless every single day. Big grin Arla - Bill's (coach) has been running, doing triathlons, etc., for decades, and he's a certified personal trainer and running coach. His philosophy is based on experience and continual research of the issues. And since I don't know anything about anything, I trust him. And so far, he hasn't done me wrong. I don't know what Jack Daniels' does (except get you drunk .. . ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!) as I've never looked him up. Also, a lot of what Bill has me do is based on trail running and building stamina for that. These may not be the answers you're looking for, but I'll be happy to share more whenever. Just ask. No workout this a.m. as I am just feeling awful. Basically, I'm waiting for my doc to get out surgery this afternoon and then I'm going to the ER and am forcing the issue of having something done. I was so damm sick by the end of the day yesterday, and I woke up feeling like crap. This truly, truly sucks, and I feel like I'm on my way to have total gall bladder failure, which will entail major surgery. Guess it's a good thing I won the $60 at Bonkos last night. (Oh yeah, nothing comes between me and Bonkos - nothing.) Have a good one dudes and dudetts ~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

3.2 mi rapidly warming temps, will hit 50 today!!!! oh the dog thing just a play on the tv show by the same name where a very British Victoria helps dogs with their people problems basically, for me it should be me and the dog as she is my constant companion. Ev talking about near sighted hot chicks, when Lynda decided to do the Lasix the Surgeon told me I might be in trouble when she could see what I really looked likeShocked Am probably going snowshoeing or backcountry skiing (AT) this weekend in place of a long run.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Queen of 3rd Place

Leslie - that's awful and unacceptable, you make sure those damn docs figure out what's going on Angry I live with a doc and hang out with many, these guys see so much death that they think people with mere severe illnesses are a bunch of whiners. Makes me mad but there you have it. Arla

Ex runner

xor

Ms Hile, I would be worried about org issues at the LA Marathon too. Granted, they'll perhaps do better now that they ditched Devine Racing (so did Las Vegas this week), but the way they yanked the date around on people is annoying... and has me worried that they don't really have their heads in the game, at least as runners. It is 95% likely that I'll be at SD. I've registered and I've got my hotel... but this year is going to be tricky for various reasons, and I may have to ditch some stuff here and there.

Leslie, something is just not right. I hope you get into that ER and tell them, "I ain't leavin' til you tell me why I'm queasy all the time". The first thing they will probably do is ask you if you think you might be pregnant.......Shocked once they know that is not the case they should proceed with lots of tests. Decided against the gym today. The last couple of weeks I've done more exercising then I have done in a while and I think my body is telling me to lay low today and go out for a run tomorrow with fresh legs! Nice run Jim........I wanna get that eye surgery too but it will have to wait. I've worn contacts for 25 years and I'm sick of it. Jewels
                          But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

jfa

Ev talking about near sighted hot chicks, when Lynda decided to do the Lasix the Surgeon told me I might be in trouble when she could see what I really looked likeShocked
                            see . I told you's Big grin Leslie- really have all appendages crossed that you get this figured out, quickly and safely. Good to see ya Kelly and hope you're running again soon! Jewels- are you keeping warm? Arla- do you only barefoot run on the beach? More embracing it today. Two miles at 16*/12mph with a real feel of 1 little old lonely degree. Turned back after BB seemed to be favoring a paw. Have since read that in severe cold, I shoud put some baby oil on his pads before heading out.

Queen of 3rd Place

Hey Jewels way to go with the workouts! That's the new year's spirit! Big grin What kind of stuff are you doing in the gym - weights, pilates, ??? Joe - beach? This is Fresno! Tongue I've been barefooting it on the street and sidewalk - you would think that it would hurt, but it doesn't, although I'm having a hard time getting used to all the twigs, leaves and other plant stuff. I got some Vibram Five Fingers from Santa, but I've read that it's better to go with just skin at first, so I'm trying to tough it out. I think where you are it might be a bit nippy to go bare! Arla

Ex runner

jfa

Wow Arla, that sounds a little like fun and torture at the same time. My form, while barefoot running in any temps,Would probably resemble a funky chicken dance. I think I'll try it on grass first,and certainly not until spring!