Masters Running

Tuesday June 30 daily (Read 496 times)

dg.

((((( Leslie )))))
    evanflein

3.5 hilly miles tonight, thinking about what else I could've done to get ready for Seattle. Not much I guess. I forget that I had a 3 week layoff in there, and after the disastrous end of my Boston attempt, I should be happy with finishing as well as I did. Definitely needed more hills, but that just wasn't going to happen with the rehab plan I was on. So... I'm good with it. Tonight's run was cathartic, just plugged along thinking about stuff, before I knew it, I was done.
      Mariposai

6 miles for just me and my thoughts. I needed this mental time to sort  things out after the fun weekend in Seattle and to regroup for the next adventure. Work is super busy right now. I am training a new staff and starting a new interim at the same time. Will work on my RR on Thursday.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Lots of great photos here and on the Seattle thread. Fantastic.

SLO, when you are all through at Erika's, come on over to my house, okay? That patio/terrace looks super.

Welcome back Tramps and congrats on making it up the "hill".

Hugs for (((((JLynne and family and for Leslie)))))

The only thinking on my run tonight was get home asap....ugh. 9.2 miles including the weekly 5k race at the community gardens and trails. Mile 1 in 7:10, Mile 2 in 7:10 and then an unpleasant reminder that eating grapes before a race isn't a good thing. My plunge into the bushes translated into a 10 minute final 1.1 mile and lots of leg scratches. It was sort of dramatic as I crossed the line with blood streaming from my knees. Anyway, all is fine now and even with a slow 24:41, I was the first 40 + over the line. The speedsters stayed home in the AC!

Onward