Masters Running

2016 Portland, OR Marathon RA family meet up (Read 67 times)

Sounds good!  BTW our cell numbers are:

Leslie - 707-296-0261

Shorty - 707-845-8974

And think about what you're going to want us to cook for you guys for dinner Sunday after the race.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MBE and I are planning on dropping in at the house around 3 pm Saturday.  Will someone be there?

I will pm Leslie and Holly with my cell number...

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

My flight gets in at 12:30-ish, but I plan on waiting at the airport for Mike to arrive at 2, and then we can Uber to the house.  So, we should be there by 3pm, if all goes as planned.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly, I was under the impression you and Mike are arriving on Friday?

I am talking about showing up on Saturday...

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh, oh, you are right - I am corn-fused.  Absolutely we will make a point of being there to meet you and MBE!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

The owner contacted me about the accommodations, and it looks like the sleeping arrangements will work like this:

One bedroom with 2 twins pushed together for King: Leslie/Shorty or Nancy/EP

One bedroom with Queen: Leslie/Shorty or Nancy/EP

Two adjoining bedrooms that each have a double bed: Holly, Starr, Econo

Extra room with sofa bed: Mike

Queen-sized air mattress: Tet

Does that sound about right?  If not, we can duke it out when we get there...

If it doesn't work for me to have the sofa bed, I can always curl up at the foot of Leslie's and Shorty's bed...they have cats...they'll never know the difference.

Food--I'm kind of weird about what I eat the days before a marathon...it's all about the carbs.  But after--I'll eat anything you put in front of me...be careful where you lay your shoes.

One more thing--Ryan, now lives in Banks, OR...is it okay if he drops in on Friday?

Okay--gotta go--I need to go toss and turn as I imagine spiraling to my death from 40,000 feet.

If it doesn't work for me to have the sofa bed, I can always curl up at the foot of Leslie's and Shorty's bed...they have cats...they'll never know the difference.

Food--I'm kind of weird about what I eat the days before a marathon...it's all about the carbs.  But after--I'll eat anything you put in front of me...be careful where you lay your shoes.

One more thing--Ryan, now lives in Banks, OR...is it okay if he drops in on Friday?

Okay--gotta go--I need to go toss and turn as I imagine spiraling to my death from 40,000 feet.

I'm not so sure about the curling up at the foot of our bed, but the rest of - indeed!  We'd love to meet Ryan.  My buddy, Karen, will be coming by too - maybe Friday and Saturday.  She's working at the Expo Friday evening 'til 6:00, I think.

Okay - that's it.  I'm off the computer.  See you all tomorrow. Safe travels to everyone.  You have our cell numbers if you need to call us.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Nothing to worry about, Mike--they rarely fly above 35,000 feet. Much less time

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Have fun you guys! Run strong and good luck. Take lots of pictures for those of us who couldn't make the trip. Oh. And somebody be sure to bring bail money!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

our remote fish camp cook said he could deep fry shoe leather and we'd like it.  He was right..

However, let me know if I should bring an extra portion of the tarako / oyster spaghetti I like

http://www.food.com/recipe/tarako-spaghetti-salted-cod-fish-roe-pesto-with-pasta-135630

ps - is there a microwave?

-

•  

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Econo!! Why are you not running the half- if you can get in at the last minute?  You can do it!!   You did well two weeks ago !   Anyway, Econo is letting me hang with you guys for dinner on Sat.  if that is OK. I look forward to seeing you RA  friends!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Econo!! Why are you not running the half- if you can get in at the last minute?  You can do it!!   You did well two weeks ago !

'cause I hope she's running the full, . . . and you too

'cause I do not want to spend six-and-a-half or seven hours and more

all by myself but everyone seems recovered enough that I will anyway.

hey, since I used to run it in and easy four or four-and-a-half hours in those days,

maybe I can get a handicap and start at mile ten or something.  <<<(sigh)>>>. '

ps - tell her I know someone else who hasn't trained that much.  .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Econo!! Why are you not running the half- if you can get in at the last minute?  You can do it!!   You did well two weeks ago !   Anyway, Econo is letting me hang with you guys for dinner on Sat.  if that is OK. I look forward to seeing you RA  friends!

Looking forward to meeting everyone! I am on the plane in Denver so it won't be long now!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Party on, Wayne.
                              Party on, Garth.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Sayhey! MM#130

Lol at Rosie.

Did someone bring an alarm for tomorrow or do I need to call y'all partying fools out there?  I will be up at 5 and running at 6.  If your hangover  lack of math skills is a problem, that's 2 am and 3 am for you west coasters.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)