Masters Running

2016 Portland, OR Marathon RA family meet up (Read 67 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I think we should start with getting a count on how many people are interested in going in together on a house rental, so we can figure out how many beds we need.  I would like a place for 3 nights, Friday through Sunday, preferably not far from the race.  I haven been fortunate so far to find accommodations within walking distance (app. one mile or less) of the race for the Kentucky Derby Marathon, Charlevoix Marathon, and Green Bay Marathon on Airbnb.xom and Homeaway.com.  I don't know if that will be possible for Portland, but it would be awesome.  That way, no matter which race you are running, you can walk back to the house whenever you finish your event.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Is anybody going to stay a day, or two, after the race?  I'm not able to relax and enjoy anything the day before the race.  I would kind of like to hang out a little afterwards.  I suppose I could just wonder the streets...all by myself...maybe get mugged...

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

https://www.vrbo.com/782000

https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/oregon/portland/downtown?sleeps=8-plus

Yes. How many people are you planning for?  If 8? Here are three downtown options.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Tammy and I plan to be there as the RA rooting section, but unfortunately, Mike, we have to go back home Monday.  I can always bring my sleeping bag and throw it on the floor or a couch.  I'm up for going in on a house rental, and I'm guessing Tammy would be to.  Seems it'd be less expensive in the long run since we can cook there.

We can also talk about Tammy and me doing the food shopping and getting reimbursed by everyone.  Yes, again I am speaking for Tammy.  My car will have plenty of room for that sort of stuff.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, so that makes Mike, Tammy, Leslie, and Holly in the house.  Nancy?  Anyone else?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I am in, I guess I posted that a while ago. I want to be with the party people over the weekend. I will stay with my friend after that. I found airfare for $249 with taxes and everything. It had an overnight layover in Denver from 11:03 pm to 10:35 am though. I will keep looking.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Okay, so that makes Mike, Tammy, Leslie, and Holly in the house.  Nancy?  Anyone else?

Enkie?

The Easy Pacer will be there too. We will arrive Friday and depart Monday. Sorry MikeE, hanging out with you would be a blast.

Holly, when are you arriving?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Nancy - I plan to arrive Friday and leave Monday.  So we have seven people so far, and Rosy posted some nice options.  I need to look at a map and see where the race start and finish will be.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I am such a buttinski.  Not even going but looking for fancy housing. I have too much spare time. Wink

Have a blast y'all!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

I'm in.  Just don't know if I am for two people or one.  I suspect Mr. Blue Eyes will want to come down there with me.  His parents live 30 minutes (or less) from Portland.  He can go do his cycling thing while I do cheerleading  and celebration BBQing or cooking for the RA team.  So yes, I definitely want to be there, because I have to meet Holly!  Missed meeting her at the Seattle Rock and Roll back in 2009.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

I am such a buttinski.  Not even going but looking for fancy housing. I have too much spare time. Wink

Not a bit of it!  I love the options you found!  And we need the help!  I am just trying to clarify exactly how  many people will be there so we can make sure there is enough room/beds.

TammyinGP

I don't mind Leslie speaking on my behalf Smile , so yes, her and I can do whatever is needed to help with planning, food shopping, etc.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

A Portland Marathon e-mail this week indicates that

“we have reopened the public entries to the Portland

Marathon Half for a limited time with a limited number of entries.”

Unfortunately, they don’t mention the entry has been upped to $135

for what would appear to be the most expensive half marathon in the world.

I don’t know why but the marathon is currently $140.
                            ps tammy - yes, the most enjoyable part of the inaugural Eugene Marathon in 2007

was the first five miles with you. Thank you. However, I may more need it

for the last five miles this time if it works out.

See you there.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tet, thanks for that information.  I registered!!  Last time I looked, you could only enter in the charity option for the half, at a tune of 250 dollars.  So even though they re-opened it up for $135 (plus 8 dollar processing fee), I pulled the trigger!

So I'm in for the half.  

This better be worth $144 dollars.  That's over ten dollars a mile!  Or about a dollar a minute!  I will visualize throwing a dollar on the course out of my pocket every minute while I am running.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Yes, so count me in for 2 people in the house!  If MBE decides to do something else, more room for the rest of us!