Masters Running

2016 Portland, OR Marathon RA family meet up (Read 67 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I am just looking forward to seeing you all!

Remember the details of the house: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3251242?checkin=10%2F07%2F2016&checkout=10%2F10%2F2016&guests=7&s=0WZgR-tX&sug=51

I actually have 5 bedrooms. One I use for storage a cleaning supplies for air bnb

There is a king size bed or two twins in room one. A double bed in room two. Rooms three and 4 have queen beds. And there is a sofa bed.

By the time you arrive in October I will have two bunk beds and another sofa bed. I also have queen size air mattresses that are very nice.

And I think this is the count so far for the house:

Mike

Holly

Tammy

Leslie and Shorty - King/Queen bed dibs

Starr

Nancy/EP - Queen bed dibs

Tet - will you be staying with us?

Econe, Enke/MBE - in for the party but not staying at the house

We have the house for 3 nights, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but not everyone is staying all three.  We will just divide the cost of each night by the number of folks who are staying that night.

The total price for three nights, tax, cleaning fees, etc., was $1255, so $418.33/night.  Even if only three of us stayed each night that is still a bargain, and the more the merrier.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I'm calling dibs on either the king bed or a queen bed for The Hub and me.  Not sure his back would survive a blow up mattress.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I am pretty sure MBE and I are going to stay at his sister's condo, along the waterfront.  But we will want to come to pre and post festivities at the house.  And I am still unemployed, so trying not to spend money...

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

I am so looking forward to our RA family meet up. The EP and I will take the queen size.

Only a month a way...hurrahhh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I'm hoping to show up for the party and will not be staying at the house.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet - will you be staying with us?

thanks.

Please put me down for a hardwood or linoleum floor.

I'll need a good night's sleep to keep up with any other walkers.

However, I expect the Portland magic to have you all running by then.

Unfortunately, too much going on to know for sure until it almost happens

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Bumping to the top . . . just in case. 

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

OK, I thought I spoke up before but maybe not. I do snore (so they say) but will bring my Cpap machine so that shouldn't be a problem. I can sure take the storage/supply/bedroom. Actually, I think Holly is used to sleeping with someone that has a CPAP so that might work. I can share a bed with any of the single gals too.  Maybe Mike would want the extra storage/supply/bedroom. I think the King bed is upstairs and is actually two twins pushed together.

Whenis everyone arriving? My flight gets in at 4:57 pm on Fri. 10/7

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

TammyinGP

I thought I had mentioned in somewhere previously, but maybe not? I will not be making the trip to Portland for this weekend. 

Tammy

I thought I had mentioned in somewhere previously, but maybe not? I will not be making the trip to Portland for this weekend. 

Tammy, it's not until the weekend of October 7-9, not this weekend.  Are you sure you can't come?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

TammyinGP

i didn't word that correctly Starr. I knew it was beginning of October, but am unable to go. I have entirely too much on my plate right now as it is, which is unfortunately, not boding well with my DH as it is because I'm constantly going from one commitment to another. Being gone for another long weekend is just not in the cards.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

huh?  it's not portland, maine, you know, it's in your same state.

besides you'll have all day at least seven-or-eight hours

to get there in time on 10/9 so we can run a little together.

Even for an hour, it will be worth the drive. . . . won't it?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Whenis everyone arriving? My flight gets in at 4:57 pm on Fri. 10/7

I will arrive at 12:32pm on Friday, leaving at 10:45am on Monday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

I wish, Tet. I really do. I'm running myself into the ground as it is with Sept/Oct being crazy busy with my coaching gig and meets now too.  If I had a spouse that was supportive of my running adventures, it might not be as big of a deal, but he goes in waves - sometimes being supportive, sometimes it's a thorn in his side. Right now it's the latter. I know a few people here can relate.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I wish, Tet. I really do. I'm running myself into the ground as it is with Sept/Oct being crazy busy with my coaching gig and meets now too.  If I had a spouse that was supportive of my running adventures, it might not be as big of a deal, but he goes in waves - sometimes being supportive, sometimes it's a thorn in his side. Right now it's the latter. I know a few people here can relate.

Okay.  Coachin' kids is one of the few good excuses.

The other one's okay too, . . . at least until you get empty-nested

or get old enough, in Clint Eastwoods words, "you don't give a carp

about what anybody thinks."  It's tough.

However, we'll be hoping it might turn out

you might get a little break anyway.