Masters Running

Thursdaily, 5.24.18 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Just a quick walk-by this morning. I had another late meeting last night, although this one was only 2.5 hours. It was a very interesting discussion, but I was wiped by the time we were done. So I slept in a bit this morning, but still got out for a quick 2.2 mi. RW workout. I'll be leaving soon for today's morning-long meeting. I haven't decided yet if I am going to skip this evening's meeting. Being retired sure is fun!

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

That is all for today. 

Be safe. Be kind.

Jay- that's a lot of meetings!  My goal for eventual retirement is NO meetings!

3.1 miles this morning on a sunny morning.  Still not back to normal with the butt, and it's hard to know what is reasonable to do.  Doesn't feel that bad, but there is still something there, for sure.   I have a dinner after work and we had one last night with my husband's bike group.  They are taking a week long trip to ride the Katy trail in Missouri in a couple of weeks.  I'm not going - not how I want to spend a week of vacation time- but I'm sure they will have fun.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

RunnerKSA that Katy trail ride sounds nice.   Mostly flat.  I have only done parts of it.  Once was a bike trip to a B&B which was a lot of fun.

Six miles today.  Lowest training pace 11:35, six second / mile drop from a couple weeks ago.  Planning on 10 Saturday which might be pushing it.

Bill Wagnon / stl

[[[[jylnn]]]

...here's what I used to fix my back when the Runs were killing it,

a lot of info

http://www.drbookspan.com/AbsArticle.html

but

it beats sleeping on the floor for 2-years

yes,

I did that

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

no run for me last night even though that was my goal. I decided I really needed to get David's grad announcement addressed and ready for mailing. and I needed to fold laundry that has been sitting in my dryer for 3 days now. 

Run tonight though and today and tomorrow are our cool down days so it'll feel much better too. Only low 80's today and 60's tomorrow!  Saturday morning should also still be fairly cool which will be nice for my long trail run on the PCT in Ashland. Should have some amazing views down there.

Tammy

Dave59

Against by better judgment, I fought the I-64 construction and came into the office today. All I do is work on problem after problem while requests for more work keep rolling in. I'm not sure if I want to do this anymore.  I am having trouble just making an organized list of everything that I'll never get around to doing.

I hope to stop at the gym after work but I'm not too enthusiastic about that idea at the moment.

All I do is work on problem after problem while requests for more work keep rolling in.

That sounds like my job!! "Leslie, can you do one more thing?"  "Leslie, we're adding another client and need X, Y, and Z."  And on and on.  Our dept secretary came to me the other day and told me she was (once again) feeling very stressed.  I just looked at her, said, "Join the club," and went back to what I was doing.  I know it sounds heartless or selfish, but I just can't deal her with her "anxiety and stress" anymore, not when she spends the day walking all over the office talking to people or sitting in her cubby on her phone.

Wow!  Got that off my  chest!   I guess still some residual grumpiness from yesterday's craziness.  I did, however, get my first massage in almost two years, and oh my!  It felt SOOOOO good! . . . and then I got Mr's dental bill. 

Anyway, no workout for me today since I did today's scheduled core/ST yesterday.

I bought two books on local trails, "Humboldt Trails", Vol 1 (long trails) and 2 (short trails).  I finished Vol 1 last night and am already trying to figure out who I can talk into going on some 20-mile runs with me in the future.

Okay - Time to drive into work.

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

. . .  who I can talk into going on some 20-mile runs with me in the future.

<cough cough> <clearing my throat trying to be noticed>

Tammy

<cough cough> <clearing my throat trying to be noticed>

Image result for dancing bananas in pajamas

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Darn it - I wish I lived near Leslie.....

Last night two toenails decided to divest themselves of my foot.  Just when I was contemplating painting my nails for sandals.  It's time for the old, "Paint the cuticle and everyone will think it's a nail" trick.  

This morning as I ran along the river I saw an oddly-moving dark mass on the river, and when it got close enough I realized that it was a duck with about a zillion tiny babies swimming tightly around her.  They were so tiny, they may have only just hatched.  I love baby ducks.

5.3 miles for me this morning in 55 degrees.

Lacrosse banquet for DD tonight.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

That is all for today. 

neat, just as I was thinkin' I'd be reduced to rooting for the underdog

again since I don't have any affiliation with any of them.

ps - who is the underdog?

After stomach kept me off the bike all last year (except for now-annual 12-mile super-sprint triathlon I barely survived after missing the first turn out of the lake and onto the bike course), last Friday's annual Bike Day got me hooked on the two wheels again and even got back into horrible Heidi's spinning class this morning.  In fact, so happy to get back in the saddle, I completely forgot to take the new model style swimming goggles picked up as an add-on from REI's 25% off sale yesterday when we were over to their flagship store for the first time in about three years to stock up on the $1.50 gels DW likes for her tennis classes for $1.00 each.  The young cashiers're always surprised to see a low membership number from 1962 when about all they had was leather hiking boots, lederhosen, gloves, wooden handle ice axes, and their own mixture of gorp.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Just got back from David's Athlete of the Month recognition.

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing
                            now, I'm getting ready to watch the Budweiser Clydesdale walk by my office. time to get get more pics  (yes, it's a tough day at the office)

Image may contain: one or more people and horse

Tammy

I have been absent for the past few days because there has been a conference at my school that I was the point person for. I am really happy the conference seemed to have gone quite well. I am also really happy it is done! After several nights with minimal sleep I am downing a mint julep and plan to catch up on sleep tonight. As to workouts, just an hour doing gym work. Tomorrow is another elliptical slide.

P.S. The trick to a good mint julep (in case you think you hate them) is to make mint simple syrup. Recipes in which you muddle the mint with some ice do not really do it. Also, you need to find the right bourbon. It has to be a fairly sweet one, not overpowered by rye. I like Blanton's but the "official" one served at the Kentucky Derby is made with Woodford Reserve, which also works quite well.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Darn it - I wish I lived near Leslie.....

Me, too!

Congratulations, Tammy, on having such an outstanding son.  Seriously--it seems that, no matter what he does, he excels at it.

tet--believe it, or not, the Capitals are the underdog...to an expansion team...it's crazy.

I went 6 miles, tonight.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!