Masters Running

Tuesday 10/9 and everything's fine. (Read 40 times)

Wow, tet-  that's a lot of grazing, but glad nothing serious.

Went to the gym (WITH my shoes this time)-  15 minutes on Arc trainer and 21 on LifeFitness elliptical.  Some weights.   Supposedly my hotel in Austin has the LifeFitness ellipticals, too.  We shall see.  Websites lie sometimes.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

Rest day for me, but I'm walking down to the Mall here in Anchorage to hit up Nordstrom before meeting friends for dinner. Conference tomorrow, then home tomorrow night. The forecast rain is a no show and it's mid-40's here. Should've brought my outdoor running stuff! As it is, I only brought stuff for the hotel fitness center treadmill, which will probably be a hot, stuffy room on a poorly maintained machine. Oh well.

Bioguy, it's amazing to me how many kids/parents are out there like that. I just don't get it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

KSA - I learned at an early age in high school to assume even slow-moving cars were out to hit me when my friend's mom came around a sharp narrow alley corner a little too fast in her new yellow VW Bug famous to everyone all over town just when I was stupidly taking the tangent across the middle of the alley to the back entrance to the City Hall on the other side. I've always loved the little Bugs for their gently sloping hoods as I just got rolled over the roof and landed on my feet on the ground behind her as she came screeching to a halt.  I still think of it 60 years later whenever I am back and need to go down the City Hall, . . .or see a yellow Bug.

Another memorable location I can't forget whenever I'm back there was when there weren't many cars around for a late Sunday evening walk so I let DW's little poodle/terrier dog off the leash and, sure enough, a car, yep, another Bug, comes around the corner and bops the little guy on the head, rolling him under the car, flat on his back with legs straight up in the air when the driver comes to a screeching halt.  Just as I'm wondering how to tell DW, . . . or, if I'd been lucky, try to find a vet in the middle of Sunday night, . . . up he jumps and comes across the street to me waggin' his tail.  Months later, DW says, "What's this bump on Picachoo's head?"

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

5.2 @ 8:01

Hey, I went for a 4 mile walk with the life accomplice after I got home; retracing my running route. Did I cheat myself out of miles on the recap?!

Beginning another two weeks of solo parenting tomorrow when DLA heads to NYC for a big Gay wedding with all her fashion industry comrades. Last month it was John Water's Summer Camp. I am earning solo travel time! With my 2nd incomplete rim2rim2rim this Fall, I'm planning on taking it seriously in April or May and getting it out of my system.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, so as we were implementing which aircraft we'd get out....they decided not to go.  Storm is tracking east of us and the forecast says our winds will at worst be around 30 knots.  Looks like it will track well east of us.  Short easy run for me before work.  Around 4.5 miles at a 9 min pace.

Have a great night everyone!

spacityrunner

This has got to be one of the most fascinating and diverse group of people ever gathered...runners are the best!!

I spent my bday in lt rock getting a gait analysis.  Seems I don't have any gait issues(some minor but nothing that he could point to and say this is why your having some pain) so doc says...its the arthritis...he has recommended I get some hoka stinsion for running both trails and streets as the cushioning and lower drop may help alleviate some of the pain.  BUT...he basically said you will have to decide when you want a knee replacement.  Sigh....

So of course I ran 5 miles tonight with the Spa Running Festival clinic.  And it was ok.  Kept a good steady pace for me (we ran up the mountain and then down) but got a calf cramp at the end so I walked the last .5 in.  It was raining, thunder and lightening.  Bad.  I was soaked to the bones at the end and just had to go get some dog food so I asked the few remaining runners if anyone had a dry shirt I could borrow.  One did, how nice.  The drive home was 20 min longer than usual the rain was so bad I could not see the road ..for the whole 45 min drive.  If I never do that again it will be too soon.

I felt bad for the foster pup as she was home alone during the storm and I forgot to turn the lights on when I left.  There were a few things knocked over but all in all the house was in good shape.

Trails Rock!

Do they offer a performance enhancing knee replacement yet? 

Also, isn't there a way to stop or slow arthritis, or is it like rust, and has to be REMOVED to stop it?

for me, the Stinsons reduced or masked enough pain from PF that I could continue to run as it healed.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

spacityrunner

It’s like rust.  ðŸ˜‚ I am hoping that by the time I need one they will have developed a running knee 😂😂

Do they offer a performance enhancing knee replacement yet? 

Also, isn't there a way to stop or slow arthritis, or is it like rust, and has to be REMOVED to stop it?

for me, the Stinsons reduced or masked enough pain from PF that I could continue to run as it healed.

Trails Rock!

Marathon Maniac #957

Spacity - that sounds like a scary storm  I hope your knee holds up for a good long time.  And belated Happy Birthday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BTY

Be well, dear Boomers... ha ha ha ha... I mean RA Masters!

Your friend,

RCG