Masters Running

October Masters Miles (Read 31 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy Halloween!

Time to post your mileage for October,  plus any AG awards and PRs.  It's not too late to add enough miles today to finish on a prime number!

This is a friend's picture taken at the Indian Creek 50k race a few weeks ago. Happy trails, everyone!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Those are Aspen trees, aren't they Carolyn? Beautiful picture! Woo-hoo! First one in this month and no worries about posting after one of the 200+ runners

123.3 for October

1248..6 YTD

I cherry-picked a 10k Spooky Sprint last Saturday and finished 2nd in my AG (out of 4 women). But! They did stop breaking down the age groups after 60 and had all of us in a 60 and over. Seeing as how I'm almost halfway through the 60's, I'm a happy camper with 2nd.

Thanks for keeping totals Carolyn!

pfriese

Thanks wildchild for the thread & beautiful picture.

October running: 188.7 miles 

Races: Spirit of Survival Half Marathon 2AG 1:55:53; Cowboy Strong 5K 1AG 23:35, and TulsaRun 15K 5AG 1:15:05

YTD running: 1796 miles

Paul

spinach

I got in 39 miles this month, not much but a bit more than the six I had in September.  I think my knee is getting better and I hope to do a half marathon in November and to qualify for the USATF Masters Marathon next year.

39 is not a prime but that is rounding. My actual distance was 38.9 miles.  Again not a prime number but I am only off by a factor of ten. If we just ignore the decimal point it will look like a prime.

Since I finally got all my miles from the last whenever downloaded, I'll add that I had 57 miles for October.  Just blazin' up the road and trails!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Head Procrastinator

October running 68.5

One Race Tufts 10K

Not my usual volume of cycling, only 4 rides for 99.3 miles

Thanks, Carolyn!

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
              HermosaBoy

Thanks Wildchild!

A new record month for me -- 390.2 (2,844.2 for the year)

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

evanflein

Wow, just luck to post after Hermosaboy... I don't even have half his miles! But that is a helluva lot of miles, congrats on the new PR, Rob!

174.9 miles for me, the most since June! I didn't run today and even though it was nice day I needed the day off. Got a 2nd in AG at the Hartford Marathon on October 8. Kinda funny, it's my fourth second in four marathons this year. I'm in a rut! Smile

Marathon Maniac #957

126.9 miles for me for October - the most since May!

1160.1 ytd

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks wild-one.
                      Great time of year to be running in the high Rockies.

Tetsujin (October 2016) - 72.93 miles
                      YTD - 435.03

With 73 miles, October more than doubled the last two months,

making up for a skimpy 20 miles in August and only 16 miles in September

when I was up in GS-land engaging in some epic hikes, . . .

with lingering shin scars, knee scabs and a permanent

fishhook in my leg to prove it.
                      . ,
                      Races - 62.93 miles
                      . . . 10/2 - Run-with-the-Fishes 5K (barefoot) - 33:07
                      . . . 10/9 - Portland Marathon - 26.7 mi  (barefoot) - 6:00:34*
                      . . . . *fastest marathon in four years
                      . . . 10/23 - UW Homecoming 5K (barefoot) - 35:08
                      . . . 10/29 - Carkeek 12-hour Fun Run  (straw ninja waraji) - 30.03 miles
                      jog-a-muting - 10 miles

ps - do you get any sense of dread this time of year

for the inevitably-coming, impending freeze-up?
                      pps - have phun in phoenix whatever you get to do or don't do

ppps - with 30.03 miles in my favorite Carkeek 12-hour Fun Run

this year, yep, I'm countin' to the hundreths. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

coastwalker

Hi WC! Thanks again for getting this started with another gorgeous photo.

107.5 RW miles in Oct. I had a DNS in a half because of a piriformis issue, but was able to come back for 2 more races that got me over the 100 mark for the month.

Great Island 5K - 2nd, RW Div.

Great Bay 5K - 1st, RW Div.

White Mountain Miler's Half - 1st, RW Div.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

The heck with 1/2 of Hermosaboy's miles--I didn't even make it to a tenth!  27.7 miles for the month.  An improvemnt over Sept., but that's about all I can say.  Travel in the first half and DW's knee in the second half was the conspiracy that kept me down this time.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Thanks Carolyn!! Gorgeous photo!!

100.0 for me!! So excited to finally hit 100 again!!

denise

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

100.8 miles .Prime number was within  sight but the body would not go out the door.

3 marathons in 3 days .Actually 82.7 miles. Ran 7 days in the month.

I was thinking 103 but 101 would have done the trick Sad

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

MM #7877

211 miles, a prime number.

October - Baltimore Marathon. Smile

Philippians 4:13.