Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 2.20.14 (Read 40 times)

Hiya Amy! I am glad that you are here. I don't post much either since I don't have the internet on my work computer anymore. It is fine to post anyway, they say.

Last night was my first run in two months.  It was 46 degrees out so I had to go out. I was slow as usual but just glad that I didn't have resort back to running from one streetlight to the next. I could run for a whole song on the iPod, then walked less than a minute.  The bike path was clear of snow and the roads were not too bad. I could not find my Garmin so am going to order a new one today. I wish they had a pink one, but suppose I could settle for that orange one.

i was planning to go to the Y to bike and maybe swim tonight. I hope this blizzard doesn't force them to close. We are getting snow and the winds are supposed to pick up. See ya later.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

no particular reason but since it was mentioned not only by aamos but also mentioned again by twhite and then again mentioned by stumps and, as if that wasn't enough, also brought up again by tammy too, what does terse mean?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

no particular reason but since it was mentioned not only by aamos but also mentioned again by twhite and then again mentioned by stumps and, as if that wasn't enough, also brought up again by tammy too, what does terse mean?

.....brief.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

janie b good

quick hello to all.  rest day for me!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

terse means, not you Tet.

fly by

I have stopped freaking out.  It was about door#12.  I felt as nervous as I would for a job interview.  It all worked out ok, I had nothing to be nervous about.  Sorry for being so cryptic.

Anyway, no one really wants the details right?  Good. 

In running news.....nothing.  Ave of Giants is going to arrive sooner than I expect, so I better get a bit more focused in that dept.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

.........We need Details........

InquiringMinds

WantToKnow

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

fatozzig, positive thoughts going out for Shorty's friend.  Kudos to Shorty for helping him.  deez, I'm so sorry to hear you're still ailing.  Positive thoughts for you.  Holly, I've had a couple experiences with AT problems.  Neither was real serious but it sure hung on for a long time.  I suspect I would have been back to normal quicker if I hadn't tried to run through it.  Jay and Twocat, I loved your pictures but, at this stage, I like Twocat's sunrise better than Jay's snow (I've seen enough of that here).  Aamos, it's so good to hear from you.  Starr, it's also great to hear from you and congrats on your first run in 2 months.  I hope both of you post more often, running or not, and "terse" posts are fine.

This morning, it was about 30°, there was just a light wind, and I was able to find clear and dry roads.  I got in 8 miles at an 11:04 pace.  It was great to do a training run outside.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Anyway, no one really wants the details right?  Good. 

You must be thinking of the other Masters Daily thread.

Kinda refreshes the brain, doesn't it, Tom?

I'll quit bugging you, Holly.  . . . . . . maybe.

Carolyn - Yes, it is a long way to drive, but I gotta drive an average of 6 hours to get to just about any race I want to participate in.  Sucks.  This is, however, the first time I've driven this far to run only 18.5 miles.  I keep thinking only an idiot would do that, but I really want to see this terrain.  Maybe then I won't be so afraid of the Firetrails 50 in October.  We'll see!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

Last night down at the WV office. Looking forward to getting home. I got in a few runs. 5.2 miles tonight along the river with a temp of 68°. While I've been gone, Cindy has got 8 inches of snow, freezing rain, and high winds.

Work has internet filters and the hotel wants 12.95 a day to connect so I haven't been on line much. The connection is free down here in the hotel restaurant so I'm doing some catching up.

King of PhotoShop

Pithy

Enke delivers a great shot to the Tet jaw.  How cool was that?

And yes, we need the details.    Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

do it again, enkie..
                        However, there’s no place for terseness when it comes
                        to what’s going on behind those magical doors..
                        Wish you’d let us in
                        So we could find out what's goin’ on in there.
                        Watchin', till the mornin' comes creepin'
                        Door 12, what's that secret you're keepin?

ps - wanna go for a bike ride with divechief and dove this weekend?

They're doing 33; I'm doing 23 if it works out..

My clunker's clunkier than yours.  Me too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

C-R

Very iinntereestinng. We have standards here? Hey Ribs - I didn't see that in my handbook when I coughed up my membership dues. This will not end well.

Two bookend 5ks to a busy work and travel day. Now or some Olympics.

Cheers all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TammyinGP

3.3 miles with the dogs. actually they probably got more like 4.3 in since I let them off leash once we hit some trails that no one is ever on and they acted like crazy little fools running all over the place, as if they've never been let off a leash in their lives.

knuckleheads.

Tammy

Mariposai

Hiya,

yer old chum,

Aamos

What a wonderful Hiya!

Don't worry about giving kudos to everyone. Just your presence will make our day.

Well, I am so glad the day has ended.  6 meetings plus 2 hour work workshop I presented made me very, very exhausted by the end of the day. Yes, I am celebrating the end of the day with a very nice local Merlot. , which should help me during my run tomorrow 

Anyway, I am very glad for the 9 miler with 3x1200m speed work in the dark this early morning. My trusted RP was there the whole way.

Twocat and  all you cat lovers, I hope your International Cat day was fun.

http://www.latintimes.com/international-cat-day-2014-11-quotes-every-pet-owner-should-read-132382

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Maniac 505

And if it snows, we will find a coffee shop

ps - wanna go for a bike ride with divechief and dove this weekend?

They're doing 33; I'm doing 23 if it works out..

My clunker's clunkier than yours.  Me too.