Masters Running

Saturday Runs, Races & Other Celebrations of Life (Read 342 times)

Congratulations to our new Grandparents, That's beautiful!

6.2 lovely miles around the neighborhood 5 loops, perfect 64 sunny degrees.    

Worked doubles all week for concerts & festivals now 6 hours on days off this evening & tomorrow evening.

5 day weekend coming up soon

Enjoy!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

good morning RA friends!!

hot and sticky here again -- ok i know i've said i love heat and humidity, but this is getting a tad on the ridiculous side!!

yesterday did 3 steamy miles around 4 pm -- if i'd only waited another 60-90 minutes the clouds rolled in and the wind picked up - would have felt a lot better!!.............splashed/swam around in the pool for a bit then 6.5 miles on my bike

today met friends from my running group who were doing a 9 mile loop twice -- so i joined them for the first loop then just a little into the second to get 11.3 dripping wet miles in .........would have liked 12, but i was starting to walk as much as run so decided to pack it in...........now time for a swim and nap!!  working tonight at 7p -- wish i was at the same place as Baby Beer and family!!

have a wonderful weekend friends!!

denise

spacityrunner

Happy Saturday everyone...

Out at 6:30  am for 4 drippy miles.  74F and 93% humidity...but the run felt good, and I didn't push it at all.  this was the first run in a while that felt like myself.  Nice to have the mojo back.

Good runs and good day everyone.

Trails Rock!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks sarge for the timely celebration of life daily post.

Having recently become a new grandrunner in my own right, i am especially enjoying the beerabration too.

In addition, though in a somewhat oddly opposite way, starting to learn from others who knew a recently deceased friend in other aspects of his life from my connection is turning into a kind of celebration of his life too.

ps -  what's the link to the baby beer album?

Maybe someday our grandrunners will be at some event telling each other about us

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

We are getting a few days of cooler weather here in North TX and today was a very pleasant 70 degrees, although 81% humidity. Just fine for my easy 4-miler to get 40 for the week. My training partner has had a sore calf and today was the first day I have run with her in a few weeks, so that was fun to catch up.

Last night was our club's sendoff party for HTC, so I now have my jacket, which is surprisingly very sturdy, instructions on what to bring and all sorts of well wishes from other club members.  Then back home for sandwiches and watch the Rangers lose.  Did anyone hear how the Red Sox did against the Yankees?

Tonight is dinner at SpareTire's so no cooking for me.  Prime Rib goes back to school tomorrow and Riblet resumes on Monday.  It will be lonely here now.  Spareribs
              tet - I haven't posted a babybeer album yet -- still have to upload all the pictures we took today and the ones PDR has been taking.  I have to make room in my photo site -- I'm running into the limit before the higher price kicks in.

Tomorrow I have a long run scheduled, so will run on the Chaahles again (ran 4 today).  I might do the whole loop here http://www.soundkeepers.com/running/boston.html .  Which way?  Clockwise or counter clockwise?  In any case it's really warm so we're going to try to get out at sunup

4.1 miles, 37:37, 9:10/mi, AHR 146 (75% MHR)

The parents are resting with the baby, so we'll be heading to do touristy stuff on Harvard Square -- really a cool place, but who design the streets around here?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Afternoon!

6 easy-paced miles for me this morning in a lovely 64 degrees as a cool front moves through here.

DD's first soccer game this morning, and we got clobbered 5-0, but I'm not discouraged.  We've moved up to a new division this season, new to half my team, with fields twice as big, and a lot to learn.  I assured them that they all did a fine job. it was only the first day, and it will get better.   (I'm just hoping we can score a goal next time.)

At the same time as our game, DS had his first game as a referee.  He refs the division we were in last year (5-6 year olds), and it apparently went well for him.

DS and I are off to another Dayton Dragons game (minor league baseball) tonight.  Unfortunately that means we'll miss evening church, so I'll be up at 4am to get my LR in before the morning service.  I'm wondering if it's too dark to run on the river trail now.  I've already forgotton how I did these LRs last winter. 

Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

6.25 easy in 56 minutes....met up with a downpour mid-run (beats the H&H any day).

All this after back-to-school shopping with the girls this morning- a real wallet-clobberer.

Walt

evanflein

Holly, how do you usually do your runs in the dark? You've been doing early morning runs for years... I have a couple of headlamps because almost all my winter runs outside are in the dark except weekends. My favorite is my new one (I think PDR and WRFB have this one too), it's by Princeton Tec and has a full battery pack on a harness type contraption that fits on your head. It's a lot more to deal with than my old Petzl, which is also very nice but this new one sure brightens up the path better. Here's a link http://www.princetontec.com/?q=node/67 to the main site, but they sell them all over.

Oh, and Holly, your story of the soccer game sure takes me back. When DS1 did his first year of U8 rec soccer, they didn't score a single goal all season. It was pretty frustrating. But the kids still had fun, and at that age one of the highlights of the game is the snacks afterward! Hope your girls have a better season ahead.

I got out for 8.5 miles today under sunny skies and 59F. A nice brisk overall pace even though my Garmin measured the first mile too long, second mile a little bit short, and mile 5 was a little short (I could tell on that one because the pace showed faster than I think I was going). Still, it seemed to catch up to itself because by the time I got to the point I know is 8 miles, that's right what it had. Funny how that works. So, the overall pace of the run was 8:24, but the individual mile splits are pretty worthless.

Now to go see if there are any blueberries left out there...

Renee the dog

Under the weather here.  Got dressed to go out just now, and changed out of running clothes and into my jammies.   My stomach's been unsettled all day, and I don't want to make a spectacle of myself out there. 

It's a cut-back week.  If I feel good tomorrow, I have today's 5 + tomorrow's 5 to knock out.  Not too taxing, so why chance really getting ill tonight? 

Have a good night everyone!  I'm heading to the couch!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Did anyone hear how the Red Sox did against the Yankees?

Spareribs

Hiya!  Yup, sitting here watching it (used the time to clip nails and groom Frank and then both cats (long-haired), who are now sulking and glowering at me.   --Had enough fur to make a third cat.  I love my Furminator!)

Final score Red Sox 14, Yankees 1.   WP Tazawa;  LP AJ Burnett, who came off the mound to ask "Why would you pitch that pitch?" after serving up a homah to David.  Pedey the new dad got lotsa hits and Jacoby made a heck of a catch.

big grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
                        TammyinGP

Almost dinner time here and still on the first page? quiet day I suppose.

I went for a 9 mile run this a.m. It was nice and cool out, just the way I like it.And now it' s a comfortable and breezy upper 80's or so. Very pleasant day here.

After I ate something and cleaned up, I headed up to my parents. They arrived in MN on Thursday night I think. Due to bad weather through the Dakotas and into MN, they just made their last day a 12 hr day of riding the Harley. It was cold, windy and rainy and they just wanted to get where they were going. I went up to their place today to water all the stuff outside. My mom has a ton of stuff to water in their yard.

time to get dinner started I suppose.

Tammy

10 miles today with Amie (runningahead), dAAve, Mark, TomS, and about 8000 others who happened to be going in the same direction. Full report to follow eventually.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Good Evening -

Aamos - I keep meaning to buy that Furminator.  It sounds like it does a good job (and with 4.5 cats, I need all the help I can get).

HO-LY CRAP!  What a freaking run today!  Can you say "Bonk-a-Bomb, Bomb, Bomb?"  20 trail miles.  We hit Headwaters.  It's 3 miles of up and down (not bad climbing), then 2.5 miles miles of lots of climbing - switchbacks, hard on the quads coming out - and about 1.5 miles of meandering up and down at the top of the climbing, total of about 4 miles.  We did those 4 twice before heading back to the parking lot for a total of 14, and where I'd turn around to do another 6.   I seriously thought about quitting at 14, but knew I had to finished.  The last 3 miles were absolutely brutal.  Everything from my butt down hurts, and my feet are killing me.  Did I bonk from crappy nutrition management (and it was crappy)?  Because I had a long, tiring week? Because I was breaking in a brand new pair of shoes?  Because, because, because, because, because . . . . . . . . ???  I haven't struggled this badly in a very long time.

I keep getting up to move around, loosen up my legs, but my feet!  It has to be from the shoes.  20 miles was probably too far for the first time in them.  All I want to do right now is sleep.  Oh, and have someone besides me rub my feet, but, alas, I am alone.   (Hub's out for the night).

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

So many great things are happening around here. Congrats to the beerabuelitos. How precious is the new babybeer.

I have been having so much fun laughing, eating, running, hiking and just plainly being silly with Sans Souci who is visiting the Butterfly nest for a couple of days.

Erika, please eat a handful of blueberries for me Smile

I ran 9 miles today with the legendary Sans Souci, after a warm up, she left me alone while she did her speed workout. Wow, that girl runs like a gazelle. After she finished her speedy speed training we ran back home. We finished the run with 2x telephone poles at a 7:13ish pace...fun, fun.

After coffee and breakfast the mariposa family and Sans Souci left for a lovely hike up to the top of Omak Mountain. Great day, great fun and now the legs are toast.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard