Masters Running

40's On the Run - Week of 02/02/08 - And the Giants Win!! (Read 543 times)

Runs with ALTITUDE!

I dunno! I come across them, keep 'em in PhotoBucket, and bring them out for your delight and delectation my dear! Big grin

Top 'O the World!

Sapph: I'd think it'd be snowshoeing (is that a word?) weather....I'd also love it to be a bit warmer than "real-feel" temp of 4*F!! weather gal right now says you're gonna maybe get another 4"-9" throughout today....I'm on the edge of that....'course they been missing the forecast by a bit lately...take yesterday, they said SW CO 1'-3'(12-36")...& Wolf Creek was checking in @ 3pm w/62" (5'!) - SO FAR! Yah! Yah! I know, quit complainin"! This is what feeds our good state's economy....& I think we need that! Roll eyes
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        Hey to all you fab 40's....... Chimera-regarding the weather, it's was 80 yesterday, today is suppose to be 82 and tomorrow 85. Then, the next few days should be mid 70's again. Having said that, my daughter belongs to a gym and she brought me with her yesterday as a guest and I did 5 miles on the ole treddy. Wasn't so bad......got to see a "gazillion" repeats of the winning touchdown from the superbowl on the big ole' t.v. screens. Glad to hear everyone is getting in their runs here and there.....I get em' in when I can and don't fret it when I can't. With a family like mine, nothing is routine. I could never follow a schedule, it just doesn't work for me. I would like to sign up for some sorta race...just not sure what. Would love to do a HM but I just don't have the base yet. Gettin' there though! Have a great week all.....Jewels
        But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
          Just checkin' in to say "Mornin' All!" Have a great one! Cool Big grin Smile

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Runs with ALTITUDE!

Yah! Yah! I know, quit complainin"! This is what feeds our good state's economy....& I think we need that! Roll eyes
            I hear ya! I'm really NOT complaining...well....actuallllly...I am! But ain't no one who matters listening!!!! We got 7-8" again last night. High winds and temps around 0F over night. It's warmed up a little now though...it's a balmy 7F LOL If you can believe the weathermen...and why start now?!?!? LOL It's supposed to be in the high 50s low 60s by the weekend! I'll believe it when I see it! Have a terrific Tooooooooosday!

Top 'O the World!

BRRRRRRY Tuesday All!! Became a cross training day for me as I got to scoop snow! Woo-Hoo! got 6"-8" of light fluffy stuff.....& I'm still waitin' fer da neighbors to send da boys in da white lab coats to take me away Evil grin .....once I got started, I just kept going, & going, & going.....till I'd cleared not only all of our sidewalks & driveway, but also adjacent to us & 10 feet or so of the street directly in front of us.....& put all of it on our lawn....just doin' my part for water conservation....& I was targeting 90 min. w/o! Big grin.......off to walk the dog now.
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

flatland mountaineer

Cross train weights this morn. Slipped off with a wrench yesterday really bruised the elbow so had a hard time with tricep stuff on that arm. Today smashed my finger with a come-along handle and its turning funky purple, but hey at least I can still run. Tongue Leslie and WW my hip x-ray was neg for fracture, MRI was normal with normal margins. Good that no fracture but bad that no definitive cause. Guess we are back to inflamation and pelvic tilit issues? Trying to keep stretched out and doing my pt exercises as I build back up. Colorado folks I'll take any snow you don't want. Sure would like to get back up to the mtns with all that fresh!!!! Jewels I'm with you on the schedules, I just try and be flexible and it seems to work out rather than getting discouraged if you have to miss. Angie wishing you better runs this week. BTY someday I hope that 3 miles in 29 is easy. Chimera can't even imagine running in that kind of humidity. Jim

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

BTY

BTY someday I hope that 3 miles in 29 is easy. Jim
                  Some day will be here before you know it. Smile Tonight I managed to get my run in after our weekly Elders' and Pastors' meeting at my church. (Good stress reliever) I had the opportunity to run in the new gymnasium, just opened last night. It's a vinyl floor that looks like but is superior to a hardwood b-ball floor, and man was it nice to run on. Actually I ran the first two miles dribbling a basketball for a warm up, then did an easy mile; then, b/c my program called for a fartlek workout, I did a mile where I ran 1/4 mile at tempo pace, 1/4 mile easy, repeat; then I did another mile dribbling a basketball. Total of 5 miles in just over 50 minutes - took a couple of water breaks, since it was about 45 degrees warmer than the weather outside that I've been running in all winter. I alternated directions every 10 laps, just in case. Nice to have a brand new gymnasium all to yourself. Smile bty
                    Howdy there 40's! Sounds like everyone is doing well. All this talk of snow and mountains is making me want to go skiing! Love Wolf Creek, but haven't been for years. They always seem to have lots of snow. I'm also with the "no formal schedule" runners right now. It's an interesting balance, and I see the benefits of formal training plans as well. It seems like we maybe need both at different times in our lives. I may need a bit more structure as I only logged 41 miles on the ole Garmin in January, and probably 1/4th of that was walking. Katy the dog is healing up nicely and goes to the vet for her re-check tomorrow. Hopefully she will be able to join me running again soon. Had a dog encounter of another kind in the park on Monday's run. Loose husky mix ran towards a man walking a much smaller dog. So I lured the loose dog away in a "lets run" playful kind of way. Then the husky mix ran ahead of me to "greet" another much smaller dog, and the owner yelled at me "GET YOUR DOG NOW!!!". I yelled back "NOT MY DOG!!!" and then proceded to shoo the husky mix back in the original direction he came from. Sheesh, I don't know what's up with all the loose dogs around here lately! Plan for the day is yoga class and perhaps a short run this afternoon. I've been doing the "looking for work" thing, and have a phone interview tomorrow and a live interview on Monday (hmmm...time to check the wardrobe, don't think my pet sitting garb is going to cut it). Also have a pet sit that starts tonight and runs through Monday. For a Chihuahua and two cats, so won't get in a lotta miles there unless I carry the chihuahua!
                    Progress Trumps Pefection

Marathon Maniac #957

Quote of the day, from DD this morning: “Mommy’s not an old lady. She just gets wrinkly sometimes.” Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Cross train weights this morn. Slipped off with a wrench yesterday really bruised the elbow so had a hard time with tricep stuff on that arm. Today smashed my finger with a come-along handle and its turning funky purple, but hey at least I can still run. Tongue Jim
                        Jim - You're kinda like a disaster that happens every once in awhile, aren'tcha?? Wink I sucked it up this morning and went out for an hour run. Did pretty good, too. Hocked up some pretty healthy chunks, only had to use my inhaler once halfway through, and walked twice for less than 30 seconds each time. The first was to use my inhaler, the second was at about Mile 5. I ended up doing 5.44 miles in 1:00:01. It felt good to not have to dodge pedestrians on uneven sidewalks, cobbled sidewalks, deal with traffic, or step in dog poo! (Visions of running in Prague.) Now I need to get to work. Happy Hump Day!! Cool

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

For a Chihuahua and two cats, so won't get in a lotta miles there unless I carry the chihuahua!
                          I'm picturing an infant carrier contraption you could rig up...Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Top 'O the World!

I'm picturing an infant carrier contraption you could rig up...Smile
                            I saw an overweight Miniature Pinscher being toted around in one of those Confused I'm thinkin' he shoulda been walking....

jfa

Hi Folks, been a crazy couple of days for me.Still kinda buzzed from the Super Bowl.Played hooky from work yesterday and went to the parade in lower Manhattan.Got there about an hour early to secure a spot on Broadway,but too late.Cops had most of the side streets closed. So I turned around,ran west,south,then east again for a quick mile run and ended up positioned pretty well.Pretty neat that my ability to run really helped out there.Was really cool seeing the team go by and since it's been 17 years since they last won it,figured why miss the chance.Came home after and ran a warmup,then 7 tempo miles at about 9:00 per. Tongue Speaking of snow: it's very disturbing that we have not had even a dusting so far this winter.Today it's 72* out and it feels pretty weird.Works out well for running through the winter,I guess I shouldn't complain but again,very weird. Confused Happy Hump Day all and to all a Good Day

Speaking of snow: it's very disturbing that we have not had even a dusting so far this winter.Today it's 72* out and it feels pretty weird.Works out well for running through the winter,I guess I shouldn't complain but again,very weird. Confused
                                Very weird. Did you get hit with any of the storm matter over the past week or so? Hey - Glad you got see some of the parade! How exciting! Carol - At the local "fairs" here, you can always find a few people carrying their small dogs in front packs. The first time I saw one, I thought, "What a hairy kid!" (Just kidding!) Re hefty dogs - my boss is bad about giving his Dobby people food, and she's a bit thick around the middle. We learned our lesson in not doing that after making that mistake with our first two cats. Haven't done it with all the others, they're much healthier, and they don't beg!

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance