Masters Running

Lucky Friday the 13th Runs (Read 489 times)

dg.

Oops. I've been looking at the thread on & off this morning, but just remembered I haven't posted. Not much time right now, so just this morning's wokrout... w/u & c/d walk, 4.2 miles at a 9.34 pace I guess!! stoopid polar. My first 2 miles, I think it lied in favor of fast. 9:39, 8:50. Then it had me doing .79 miles in 23 minutes. zoom. I kept an eye on the lap clock again & think my guess is close. For optimal hamstring healing I'll need to go a little slower than that. Then 20 min. on the bike, & about 20 minutes of lower body weight machines. No time to stretch, my DD is pretty sick & I dropped off some things for her on my way home. Toms, thanks. Ribs... it makes a very big difference what you're used to.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Tarheels in 10 min... Very soaking 38°F rain sogged run of 10 miles in 1:21:37 (8:10 pace, AHR 152). Still have sore hip addutor at start of run but then fine. Why is it that the feet have to find the biggest puddles at the beginning of the run?? Shorts, long sleeve tee and gloves were just right.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Slo

Nice run Perch.......I oft wondered the same thing about puddles.

King of PhotoShop

3 miles on the Y track and a full stretch/core workout. Tomorrow is Lucy's first birthday. Riblet insists on going shopping this afternoon to buy her some toy or treats and then have a party for her tomorrow. And no, there will be no other neighborhood dogs invited, unless SRL shows up with Tobias. For Timbo and Craneium: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okhiJjuefPw&feature=haxa_popt00us08 Spareribs
            HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH! Ev - Slowing blood work? Are you pulling our group leg? And where're the lyrics this a.m.?? Slacker. CNY - The Hub's going to be bummed he missed that game. For some reason this year he's been on a "I don't watch sports when you're around" kick. WTH? After 21+ years of marriage your just now going that direction? Won't give me any further explanation. I think he's going thru a midlife crisis or something. If he doesn't get over it quick, you might find me posting from the local jail. Wink Gosh, so many people and their kiddos sick. Yuck. The Hub has been down the last two days with crud, but reluctantly is going back to work this a.m. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed I don't get it since we're set to leave on vacation in 8 days. Severe lack of sleep last night and exhaustion yesterday kept me in bed this a.m. Our guest room bed since The Hub was coughing all night again. Don't know why I was so frigging tired yesterday, but possibly (close your ears, men) it's "that time." {sigh} Sometimes I pray for menopause just to get this over with.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

HI everyone! Pshew, work has been really busy this week. Am keeping up with as much as I can and think of everyone daily. We're going to have 50s this weekend, yay! best to you and big grins, A.
              Masters 2000 miles
                Ribs-very funny video, I especially loved the part "I just bought a James Hardy jersey." I didn't realize the man was a Bills fan. My education continues. From yesterday-people who are experiencing knee pain while doing lunges, make sure you are doing them correctly and your knee never goes in front of your toes.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Ribs-very funny video, I especially loved the part "I just bought a James Hardy jersey." I didn't realize the man was a Bills fan. My education continues. From yesterday-people who are experiencing knee pain while doing lunges, make sure you are doing them correctly and your knee never goes in front of your toes.
                  Or....don't do the things at all....I am done with lunges, as my knee still hurts Ribs, that was funny Super super busy, so just a quickie fly by... Hope everyone is having a good day!!! TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Teresa, hope your son improves soon. My kiddos have so far avoided the flu this year. (looking for some wood to knock on). They usually get it every year and are sick for a whole week. Last year (in addition to the flu) we all had this measles type thing, blistering headache, extremely sore throat and swollen lymph nodes in the neck. Had a sunny Cool easy 7 mile run, felt pretty good after yesterday's tempo. Not fast, not too slow, just right (10:47 pace). Some frozen mulch, some thawed, we have been hovering around the freezing point every morning, so the trail is frozen in the shade and a bit squishy in the sun. Oh, and only one smoker today!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

I Can Go The Distance

Taking a short break from basketball watching to post my run from this morning. 8 easy miles in 1:15:53.62 9:30/mi. Nice sunny morning and 50F. IRC I say. The UCONN-Syracuse game got over at a reasonable 10:30 pm here on the west coast. It really was a great game. I will be spending this weekend watching basketball and racing on Sunday. Hope everyone has a great weekend and good luck to others who are racing as well. Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

Tim-didn't you hurt yourself running? You haven't given up on that. Knowledge is power.
                        Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Good Morning ! I haven't been posting but at least I've been running quite regularly, even, some days, with double runs , all trying to to get ready for my next long race on 3/28....(see you there Tet.....?) Today was I ran with my friend Nancy..hard work just keeping up with her! 9.25 miles in 1:15. Hopefully lots of miles this weekend, rain or shine!!! Francesca
                            halllar my standard crack to my DW is that "women outlive men because men live with women!" Big grin For some reason she just Roll eyes when I say that? Wonder why? biketm there is no cure and if there is feel free to take mine. dg. well three weeks have passed since I saw the doctor. So if I take what he said in his office literally then next Wednesday I am either substantially better or getting an MRI. But, from out discussion I think he really had in mind that I would take off from running for eight weeks before getting the MRI. When I saw him three weeks had almost gone past and I suspect he then rounded up when he said four more weeks. All of this means that he will likely want me to wait until April 2 before jumping into the MRI. That is three more weeks of not running.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

> Ev - Slowing blood work? Are you pulling our group leg? And where're the lyrics this a.m.?? Slacker. The Hub was coughing all night again.
                              I wouldn't pull anyone's leg, now would I? Wink And lyrics are something you just can't rush.....I'm an artist, you know, and the lyrics just show up on their own time. Big grin Anyway, I just do the lyrics along with a running report. But thanks for asking. Big grin And about your coughing husband.....at least he wasn't farting like you said he did the other night! Not that there's anything wrong with that! MTA....sorry for the overuse of emoticons. Wont happen again.
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                                I wouldn't pull anyone's leg, now would I? Wink
                                Of course you would!!
                                And lyrics are something you just can't rush.....I'm an artist, you know, and the lyrics just show up on their own time. Big grin Anyway, I just do the lyrics along with a running report.
                                Whatever . . . Tongue
                                And about your coughing husband.....at least he wasn't farting like you said he did the other night!
                                Uh, yes he was!! Ran me AND the cats outta both the bedroom and living room last night. Good lord - take a laxative or something!

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance