Masters Running

Friday, Feb 26th daily runs and delays (Read 446 times)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Only lifted this morning.  Was supposed to catch a shuttle to the airport at 7:30, and the gym only opened at 6:30.

Just found out that my plane is delayed 7 hours (so far).  This is going to be a long day.

I love winter travel UK to US and vice versa.  Wonder where I'll be landing this time...

Que serra serra.

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

The flight has been cancelled.  It's off to the airport to make alternate arrangements.

Probably stuck in the UK for another day.

Meh.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh PBJ - I hope you can get some good flights home!    Flying is a wonderful thing, if you have the time!  Wink

Out for another 3 miler this morning.   The wind was strong and brisk out of the North this morning - brrrrrrr.   My legs were pretty tired after going to Tone Zone last night.   Among other things we had to do walking lunges - approximatley 40 and then 20 jumping jacks x 3.    I'm pretty sure I'll be feeling those tomorrow.   I didn't want to go, but as usual, was happy that I did once the torture was over.

hollyihopeeverythingwentwellyesterdayandweareanxiouslyawaitingyourreport

TomS and Byll - yes, we are looking forward to the word famous chicken tomorrow night.  Big grin   Tom, we will be there tomorrow afternoon sometime.   Just taking a leisurely drive over.

TGIF!!!!!  I just have to get through one more day of trying to look busy at work when there is nothing to do!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

PBJ, I wish Bayside's flight was cancelled. It wasn't.  It is about to attempt a landing in Newark shortly....I'm really grateful he's in the exit row, as I'm not feeling good about the weather. (We're 2 hrs south of the airport though, so conditions at EWR might not be so dire...)

Anyway, I hope you end up having a magical extra day "over there."  Some of my best memories are from having to spend an extra day somewhere due to a cancelled flight!

No run yet for me today, but I will jump on the TM after I find out Bayside's in the car...then I get to worry for 2 - 3 hours about him driving home in a blizzard without a snow shovel!  What is it about my California boy refusing to believe that a shovel is required equipment to have in a vehicle in the winter?

Ahhhh, just another day in paradise! Snow's coming by horizontally, and then going UP as it reaches our community center down the block.  It's crazy to watch -- been doing it all morning!

Have a good workout all!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Good morning good people. Lots of weather issues for y'all today. This has been the winter from hell for our friends out East, hasn't it?

PBJ - sounds like an extra day of "fish and chips." Enjoy the bonus.

Hey Mary - nice run in cold temps this morning. All those calories you burned off at "Tone Zone" last night will cover your wonderful chicken dinner tomorrow night. Have fun!

Aww, Nono. Sorry about Bayside. I hope he makes it home safe and sound. How about putting on your snowsuit and boots and taking some more pictures for us? I was watching the national news last night and they had some reporters out in the storm - said a lot of people were without power again.

A rest day for me. Tomorrow is the training run with the CellCom group and the marathoners are up to 12 miles. May try to hang with them as the schedule for the halfers only shows 6 miles. Forecast looks good - temps around 15° and no snow.

It was great to see Slo's post yesterday - especially the part about him coming to Green Bay in May!! Anyone else??

Hey Holly - we're anxious to hear how the sekret meeting went.....

Delays. How appropriate. As if my injured ankle weren't enough, I woke up to a 50 foot pine tree on my car. Well, off to see the ortho about my ankle and shin in my Dad's truck.

Morning, gang!

PBJ - not surprised your flight was canceled given the current lovely horizontal snow in Connecticut. 

Mary - wish I had known about the world famous chicken when I lived in Michigan - I want a full report when you get back!

TomS - excellent 8 miles yesterday in spite of the tough conditions - and then another 4 on the treadmill.  Nice job!  The gunk seems to be doing the trick - thanks!

Twocat - Happy Birthday!!  It's probably a good thing you didn't stay in NYC or you might be stranded.  You might have it just as bad on your side of the state.  What are "baby bananas" - those little ones in the specialty fruit section of some grocery stores?? 

{{{{Enke}}}} - hope you get over the sore throat and GI problems quickly. 

Divechief - thanks for sharing your elliptical experiences.  In the past I've just tried to keep the cadence around 180 but never bothered with the resistance or incline.  Did you use the incline to simulate hills or strictly turn up the resistance?  This time around I feel like I'm maintaining some semblance of aerobic fitness, but I won't know for sure until I start running again. 

Denise - I completely understand about wanting to spend as much time with DS as possible before his departure.  Maybe next year.  I told DH earlier this morning that I was not planning to do the race at all.  I would probably walk it if the weather was going to be decent, but it looks like it is going to be miserable Sunday.  I can work out in the comfort of the motel gym while he runs the race ;-).

Jlynne - the eye is much better - thanks for asking!

Compressed core/weight and aerobic workouts for me this morning (have to get the stupid taxes done this afternoon).  40 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of abs and upper arms.  Not as much as I would like, but it will have to do for now.   I don't have any evidence of pain after the agility training on Wednesday, so I am thinking about trying a short TM run on Monday - just to test the waters. 

Good runs and a good weekend to all!!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mariposai

6 miles this early morning. Off to practice one more time my speech for tonight's party.

this old man....

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

PBJ – hope you brought a good book.

Nono – hoping Bayside has a smooth and uneventful drive home...

EGH3 – yikes!  I hope it was your neighbor’s pine tree....

Mariposai - party? Speech?  What's up?

8 miles for me today on the TM @ 10:00, followed by 57 push-ups (20+26+11).  Today is normally a cross-training day, but my legs felt inexplicably sproinky, in spite of yesterday’s intervals, and I was so caught up in the movie I was watching, Star Trek, that I had to see it to the end.  We saw that in the theater last year, but I had forgotten what a great movie it was – definitely one to make the TM time just fly by.

Okay, I’ll admit that I had an interview yesterday for a job in the legal division of one of the county departments.  I think it went well, but I won’t know the outcome for 3-4 weeks.  If it is meant to be, it’ll happen.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Slo--good to hear from you.  Sorry about the office police.

Sympathies to George and others dealing with the storm today.

Holly--whew, glad it went well.  The pressure of keeping this sekret was getting to me.

For Enke (and any lurking northern neighbors...Tall?)...congrats....a sign of things to come? 

Atypical rest day for me due to mixed-up schedule.

Be safe. Be kind.

evanflein

Yeah Tramps, I hear they caught quite a bit of flack for that "celebration on the ice." Seems the Olympic big-wigs weren't impressed.

I bet it'll be awhile before PBJ makes it home; looks like the northeast is pretty well locked down with the latest storm. Quite a winter you guys have had!

5 early miles for me on the hotel treadmill. Geez they keep that room too warm. Off to meetings for the rest of the day, home tonight.

I Can Go The Distance

Good Morning Everyone,

Sorry to hear so many are having to deal with weather issues today (flight delays, downed trees, cold running, etc.). I guess I better not say anything about the IRC here in SOCAL today. Well, there is a big rain storm coming our way tomorrow.

MLR for me this morning. I did 10 miles in 1:30:58 a 9:06 pace. I did the second 5 @better than MP, which is 9:10, 8:54; 8:46; 8:47; 8:41; 8:39. I felt strong all through the run. Also did 57 push-ups (20x2+17) and abs.

Holly: Glad to hear your interview went well. We will be waiting to hear about the results.

Have a great day everyone,

Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

PBJ be glad your flight was canceled!  If you had any idea what a weather disaster you would be flying into you would want to stay away!

nonoruns young'ins are pretty tough and generally survive doing stupid things.  I am sure he will be fine.  Worse comes to worse, he will find out just how useful a shovel can be!

EGH3 I sure hope you had recently thought to yourself, "You know it is about time to get a new car . . ." 

SueT48 baby bananas are those little bananas you are thinking of.  Where they are located in the store seems to depend a lot on the store.  In my local grocery they are near the tomatoes.  No, makes no sense to me either!

Mariposai good luck with the speech!  This time demand a better dinner in exchange!  Tell them to up the wine too!  How about a bottle of Caymus.  Say a 2001 Special Selection!

Holly S.  good luck with the interview.  It is only February, is it possible for you to get additional work doing taxes?  It just seems like you did all that work to get to the point where you can do it and so levering that skill as much as possible would appear to be one natural route if you are looking to pick up more or new work.

Tramps I have heard about the kerfuffle (I love that word!) regarding the ladies hockey team.  They are young, they just scored their life's dream and people are complaining that they are celebrating with beer and cigars?!  Were none of these scolds ever young?  My congratulations to them and a pox on their critics!

The good news about the storm out here is that my DW and I are getting an extra day together.  We both canceled our plans for this morning and afternoon.  I was supposed to go into the city and my DW to a town about 15 miles south of here for a meeting.  The roads are nearly impassible and the trains are running on a "limited storm schedule."  Bet that means, every once and a while on no schedule what so ever.  We have dinner reservations and tickets to a show in the city for tonight. I hope we can get in by then!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tramps

My congratulations to them and a pox on their critics!

+1

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Twocat – I am still working fulltime as a paralegal.  As a 1st-year tax pro at H&R Block, I am only qualified to do the relatively easy tax returns, and mostly those are the folks that show up early in the season.  Those who file their taxes later are usually those with more complications, so I am only working 1-2 nights/week there now.  Over the summer, I can take as many additional classes as I like, to increase my certification level, and so handle more complicated returns next year.  However, with a full-time day job, I really don’t want to work very much - the tax job was only ever meant as a part-time side job, and a new skillset.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."