Masters Running

Mondaily, 6.4.18 (Read 34 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Sunday’s workouts:
    Henrun (2 pain-free morning miles in 55° temps)
    RunnerKSA (3.7 too-warm 8AM miles)
    Tomwhite (55 min bike hill repeats in upper 80s temps + 60 min HH 3-2s at soccer fields in 90s temps)
    Fatozzig (laundry & vacuuming cross-training)
    Holly (“only” 8 miles with digestive issues)
    Quickadder (14.98 state park trail miles in 75-88° temps with some dehydration issues)
    Bioguy (4 slow miles after 3-hr ride home)
    Srtumpy (3.1 round-the-lake miles)
    Pfriese (8 before 8 repeat in cooler weather)
    Mike (6 pre-church miles)
    Mariposai (6 miles with the running partner & Easy Pacer

Yipee, Henrun! Keep up the good recovery. You too, Marj.

Interesting comparison, Tramps.

Glad you’re in your dad’s corner, Evanflein.

Good thing your DD was with you yesterday, Quick. Scary situation.

Glad you made it to the beach house, Bioguy. Sounds like a great time.

Wildchild, $85 for a 12-miler is pretty expensive - $70 for 7 miles is outrageous. And then the prices go up. It would be interesting to hear the justification for those very steep prices.

Holly, try having a conversation about the wallet with the mother next door. It’d be a shame to escalate the situation or for the 2 kids to lose a long-term friendship over the wallet. Regardless of the outcome, your DD still did the right thing by working with you to return it, and I hope she knows that and that the other kid’s mother comes to appreciate that too.

After spending all day yesterday on garage and yard work, I had no leg strength this morning. But I went out anyway in 50° and a wind-blown mist for 5.35 EZ RW miles.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning, Masters.  Beautiful day here- this is what spring is supposed to be but hasn't been- 58 degrees, low humidity and clear skies.   3.1 easy miles with just a little lower butt stuff talking.  It was hard to get out of bed, but I did it!

A little bit of a tough week here on what would have been my daughter's 10th wedding anniversary had the divorce not happened late last year. It's all going to be fine, but weeks like this that aren't the way they were supposed to be can be tough.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Thanks, Jay.

Today's "doodle" on the Google home page is runner Tom Longboat. Interesting stuff I didn't know.

Our relentless rain is having a cumulative effect with an increasing number of road closures due to flooding or erosion. Our county schools are even closed today because buses can't get around. We get a break today and then right back into the rain tomorrow.

Dry this morning with surprisingly cool temps, which made for a nicely comfortable run.  5 miles.

What am I going to do tonight?  Oh yeah!  Go Caps! 

Hopefully another National Portrait Gallery post-game celebration.

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

I'm back from the Michigan wedding trip.

5 days of junk eating + 4 nights of not so great sleep + 9.3 hours of driving with as few stops as possible = Tired, tight, headache, stiff neck, etc.

(Cindy needed to get back to help with her mother so we didn't stop to get out and stretch as often as usual. Plus I did all the driving since Cindy was completely wiped out.)

I skipping running this morning but did some light flexibility and stretching stuff. I am doing what I can at work (even though it seems like there is no hope), taking multiple breaks to walk around a little, and supplementing with coffee and ibuprofen.

. . . taking multiple breaks to walk around a little, and supplementing with coffee and ibuprofen.

Sounds like a hangover cure!! 

This is a picture of pure bliss:

Nada for me, another rest day.  Although I may do some hip strengthening stuff after work.

Tons to do, so I best get to it.  Enjoy ~~

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

C-R

Hey all and thanks for the recap Jay.

Sorry about the troubles Holly but your daughter did the right thing. There's more to the story of $357 in a wallet lost 8 months past. Hope it can work out for everyone.

That is such a great photo of the dogs. Happy pups.

Bummer Karen. Hang in there.

I somehow got on the All-Star running teams for the 2018 game and I have a business trip to Vegas this week where it 108. I hear its dry heat though. Sheesh. Well run #1 done for today at 10k and I will add more this evening.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

DH and I have a meeting set with the neighbor mom at 6pm today.  We will see how that goes.  DD cannot be there because she just started a new job and they asked her to work from 3-9pm today.  She will be walking door-to-door trying to sell subscriptions to the Dayton Daily News.  Apparently they go out in groups and canvas neighborhoods.  Several of her friends are working there and say they are doing well.  We will see how DD likes it.  Of course, on the first of July she turns 16, so that will open a lot of other job opportunities to her.

6 miles for me today in 61 degrees that felt almost crisp due to the low humidity.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Ladies - If you're looking for a longer running short that won't ride up between the thighs, I recently purchase a couple of pairs of these at REI.

The main drawback for me is there are no pockets except for a small one on the outside of the back of the waistband.  But I will wear these now for training runs instead of my favorite two pairs of shorts and save my favorites for races. Unfortunately, REI quit making my favorites years ago.  If I'd known that was going to happen I would have bought 4 or 5 pair at the time.  I totally baby those shorts and have had them for about 10 years now.

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Hi Friends!!

Miss you all, but hard to be here when hardly running. I did try a walk with 4 1 minute run intervals on Saturday and no residual hip pain from that. Today did 45 min spin class, 45 min Body Pump, core work -- didn't do the step back lunges on my left leg as I could tell immediately it would irritate the hip.

Will read back and do some ketchup

Saw Dr Robin today -- one of her colleagues lasered my scar to help break it down and take down some of the redness They both said it is healing wonderfully!!  That Dr Robin sure is beautiful (inside and out)!!!!

denise

spacityrunner

Howdy folks!

DH and I have a meeting set with the neighbor mom at 6pm today.  We will see how that goes.  D

Holly, how does the mom know that there was that much money in the wallet when it was lost.  If there was that much money in it, the young man may have spent it all and be trying to cover up for it (hence the lost wallet).  The mom's story has way to many holes in it with no supporting evidence.  

I'm not running this week so thats all I've got :-)

Trails Rock!

wildchild

Carolyn

Yeah, I thought $357 was a pretty specific figure to remember for something that was lost 8 months ago.  Seems fishy.  Good luck with the meeting tonight, Holly.

RunnerKSA, sorry about the tough week for your DD Kira.

Dave, welcome home, and hope you get some rest!

Regarding the high race entry fees, if the race sells out every year, or at least comes close, I guess the RD can charge whatever the market will bear.  At the Dirty 30 they provide a lot of amenities: free beer and barbecue, live band, nice tech shirts, pint beer glasses, medals, and shuttle bus transportation to the start/finish from a big county fairgrounds lot a few miles away (because there's not enough parking available in the park for all the runners).  Personally I wouldn't pay that much for a race, but lots of folks do.

One of my favorite moments from yesterday's volunteering at the top of Windy Peak was when the first place runner came bounding up the trail (he was a good 10 minutes in front of #2).  He ran up to me and gave me a big sweaty hug, then turned around to run back down the trail.  We had to make him stop so we could mark his bib.  My co-worker asked me if I know this guy - nope!  No idea why I got a hug from him!

Today's run was 9.2 trail miles to the top of Bergen Peak in Evergreen.  The starting elevation is about 7,800 ft, and it was hot!  The top is at 9,700 ft and it was quite nice up there.  I power walked most of the uphill and ran most of the downhill.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

One of my favorite moments from yesterday's volunteering at the top of Windy Peak was when the first place runner came bounding up the trail (he was a good 10 minutes in front of #2).  He ran up to me and gave me a big sweaty hug, then turned around to run back down the trail.  We had to make him stop so we could mark his bib.  My co-worker asked me if I know this guy - nope!  No idea why I got a hug from him!

(I have no idea why it's posting in the dialogue box)

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Carolyn - I love that - trail runners rock!  (by and large)

So, DH and I went next door, and, no surprise, the police showed up a few minutes later.  He took us in separate rooms to take our stories, them first.  When he came to us he basically said that she was bound and determined that our DD took her son's money, and was not going to be dissuaded from that.  He also said that there was nothing he could do about any of this since it had all happened so long ago and there was no proof of anything.  The mother really wanted to have DD there, but the officer said we were under no obligation to actually agree to this request, and frankly, at this point, I don't think I will allow her to speak to DD.  She has already made up her mind and just wants to rant at her, and I see no point.  Our friendly 11 year relationship with that family is over.  Gosh I hate this sort of drama.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

6 @ 8:25

aching but not stinging achilles, so progress is being made. I'll go easy/hard in the form of short/long for the rest of the week.

wallets; often when I've found a wallet the cash is already gone because someone stole it and dumped it. If there's a phone number I'll call the owner, but sometimes it was one of those people that isn't in the phone book and from another town, so I do what I think I was told to do a long time ago: put it in a mailbox. This thing with the wallet of someone you KNOW is a real pickle! I wonder why the next door mom is so adamant that your daughter stole the money? Is there some other issue in play? Was there a romance your daughter broke off? I know a lot of women (like some of my friend's wives/girlfriends) do NOT like my partner, because although she's 50 she looks like Gal Gadot. Maybe next door mom is jealous of you, and is looking for some reason to score a point. Anyway, it's a shame that a friendship has to end because people can't be reasonable. $357 might be a LOT of money for them, and so it's importance is higher than we can imagine.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Holly- I'm so sorry this all happened.  I bet another young person took the money and dumped the wallet behind the dresser (or wherever it was found).  None of it had to do with your daughter.  That is so unreasonable of your neighbor and it will be very unpleasant, unfortunately.  If that woman tries to say a word to your daughter, I would tear her a new one and threaten to get a restraining order.  That's just abusive at this point.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth