Masters Running

Wed Aug 12 Runs and Workouts (Read 447 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hopeful - glad your power is back on!  Well water here, too.  We lost power for several days this winter, so we bit the bullet and had an electrician rig up everything so we can flip a switch on the generator and be good to go.  With a home business, we can't afford to lose power for more than a few hours!

My friend and I ran 7 tough miles this morning.  The heat and humidity did us in, I think.  That's the farthest she's gone in months, though, so I consider it a success.  She was actually urging ME on towards the end!

Haircut and color this afternoon, so I can relax!

Have a good one!

Mariposai

ohhh, how i wish I could go to the twocat residence to help with the party. I am good at throwing surprise parties, ya know. Don't fret twocat, I will send you some hints.

I ran .5 more miles than slow-hand today, but 2 minutes slower per mile than him.

that babybeer is going to bring an extra white hair or twon in my hair before the week is over.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Well, I guess if TwoCat is going to go out with a Bang, might as well have a Last Hurrah. 

Didn't see much in terms of the meteor shower last night. Went out about 10 p.m. and only saw one in the 15 min I was out there staring at the sky. And then the sky started getting too bright as the moon was rising.  Bummer. I was looking forward to a shooting star show last night.

Hope to get in a run tonight after it cools down from our 90+ degree day. Even last night it didn't start getting comfortable at about 80 degrees until around 8:30 p.m. . . . and it's sure getting darker soon. not liking that part at all.

Those first babies are just not predictable at all . . . they do tend to be late . . . . Hoping beerbaby doesn't keep the GrandBeers waiting too long though!

Tammy

dg.

anticipation....

PDR I hate morning mosquitos.  

Perch, sheesh.   enough already!  ((((poor knee)))).   I did go out & look, but didn't have the patience to wait too long so I didn't see anything.   Should have taken out a blanket, stretched out in the yard and watched a little longer.   I might have been a little late too.

Doesn't that baby know that we are all waiting for his/her arrival????    Goodness sakes!

Brinkley does love to help with the dishes .....

Mary that's just what I was thinking!    ....   Sadie wants to help Brinkley with the dishes... you'll be busy with sticks & all.     one more cyber hug.  (((( ))))

Jlynne he left the windows open???

Carolyn, it's so cool you saw some meteors. 

Karin I had bug swarms this morning too.    A change of scenery is good, I've been thinking about that.  As nice as it is where I run, it would be nice to go someplace else once in a while.

(((Holly's head)))

Twocat, I just don't know what to say.   (editor, hang on to your hat)

TomS, Smile

I stayed up a little later last night setting up a programmed exercise on my Polar for the first time.  It worked pretty well, though it wouldn't shift from miles to meters.  Started out this morning, surprised when it sounded an alarm to remind me it was time for the exercise of the day.  the plan was for 1 mile w/u, 5X1K at 5K pace w/ 3 min. recoveries, another mile @ recovery pace.   All I wanted it to do was make some kind of sound when it was time for me to shift gears but nooooo.  Well, anyway it was kind of a mess but I just went back to the old method & kept hitting lap.  Sure was a lot of data to sort.  av. pace was 9:58, max 8:28.  ahr 161, max 179.  6.82 miles.  intervals were slow for ya'll but decent for me right now.  All were a little longer than 1K,  paces were 9:10, 9:18, 9:03, 9:10, & 8:57.

Mariposai

dg0 , look at the great workout you did today. Those 1k paces are looking terrific. Congrats for starting and finishing such a great speed session.

where is bregarcito?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Got 11 miles in this morning.  Was not feeling the planned 16 after running late yesterday and upping miles last few weeks.  Little tightness in left calf so backed down the miles and pace.

Weather finally cooled but was damp as hell.  Ran on a path down in a river valley and driving there as sun was rising the whole valley was filled with fog.

Will shift the missing miles to after my 10 mile race on Sunday to get a total of 16.5 miles in (1.5 warm/10 race/ 5 Easy) which should be better than any 16 miler I would have done today. 

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

{{{Holly}}}  Hope the migraine didn't stick around too long.

Twocat -   I've thrown a couple of surprise parties for The Hub.  The best was when we went to dinner, then once we got back in the car, I blindfolded him and drove around for about half an hour to get him lost.  Stopped in the middle of roads to make him think it was a stop sign or light, etc.  Pulled up in our own driveway, then led him across the street to the grange where we had tons of food, a keg of beer, and a band.  Had LOTS of help from people, plus spent weeks buying and hiding stuff.  It was a great time!

Ugh!  My run this morning killed me!  18 miles on the freaking pavement, plus heavy, heavy fog and humidity.  If ever I thought a road marathon sounded like a good idea, I have now been cured of that stupid idea.  I don't know how you guys do it.  Give me dirt roads and trails anytime!  My poor legs feel like someone beat the crap out of them  Plus, I screwed up on my turn around points and had to backtrack a couple of times.  (Yes, I have a Garmin.  Don't ask, just go with it.)

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Slo

Nice run Leslie.

If I had 18 miles of trails to run I would. It's the concrete jungle for me.

While on vacation I was able to run one day on a cidered bike bath that used to be an old Rail Road. That was a very nice run.

dg.

Leslie you did it!      what time did you start?

Nancy.... you are so sweet.   thank you.   

bet you are a great surprise party thrower.    (where do you grip it?) (it's not question of where he grips it, it's a simple question of weight ratios!    (sorry, couldn't resist)  Wink )

very nice run, btw.  

I was wondering where bergler is too!

Tammy that is way too hot.   I'm not too happy about  early dark either.  or late light!

dg - I was out the door by 4:15 - - but had to turn around 10 min later and go back 'cause I forgot a couple of things.

SLO - Thanks.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I think I'm having a cutback week for the beers' gbaby--or at least, that sounds like a good excuse!

C'mon li'l nearbeer!

I'm much impressed with the distances so many of you are running--midweek and in the heat, too.

dg, are am mosq. worse than pm ones?

--twocat, that's for you.  I'm a leetle werried.....

Tammy, feel like posting here the tribute from your men you have on your facebook page?

5.3 miles for me in 48-something.  It's 93 here, gloriously sunny and about 30% humidity.

grins,

A

tat, what does Tazawa mean in Japanese? 

Masters 2000 miles

Belated anniversary wishes to Mari & CNY.

Good vibes to Mary.

Happy birthday, Kevin!

Ran 3.5 and walked 3.5 yesterday.  Longest run and longest distance on my feet since my almost 3-week layoff.  Easing my tendonitis-inclined ankles back into it by walking as much as I'm running while also trying to increase mileage.  Will try for some combination that totals 8 miles tomorrow.

Gloomy day here at the Jersey shore.  Heat and humidity have broken a little, but it's really dark toward the west and it looks like a thunderstorm may interfere with tonight's nature walk leading on the beach. 

Yesterday's land breeze brought the dreaded biting black flies to the island with a vengence.  We all practically bathed in Off before going out on the beach and it seemed to affect the little buggers like Gatorade does a long-distance runner - it was as if they were drinking the stuff off my legs and it was making them even bolder!  I started my walk with 9 intrepid souls, but only 7 stuck it out for the whole hour.  I was wishing I could bail with the two that left halfway through - those flies could easily be used by the CIA as a torture device.  (Not that the CIA actually uses torture, but that's another board . . . . )  They swarm, the land, they bite like tiny little injections over and over again, and unlike their green-headed cousins, they're so darn fast, they're impossible to catch.  I'm hoping that the wind shifted enough to drive them away, but I'm taking some Avon Skin So Soft tonight just in case!  Thought about wearing long pants, but the little suckers bite right through beach towels, so I'm sure the challenge of slacks would just excite them more. 

Lots of talk about the S-word yesterday.  (School.)  We start before Labor Day - first time during my career as a student or teacher.  I broke down and bought shoes today - non-running shoes that require socks.  Yuck!!!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Slo

It's tough to beat a Washington Delicious.

Just finished one.  An apple a day. I'm glad to be done with the Cameo's. They went soft to soon.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tat, what does Tazawa mean in Japanese? 

konnichi wa aamos-san,

I found the below but think it really means throws fast.

ps - please post the tammy tributes us nonfacers. arigatou.

Aug 3, 2009 ... his family name is Tazawa [田澤], the first kanji means rice paddy and the second ideogram denotes swamp which demonstrates that the grain is central to Japanese cuisine and culture and that rice needs swampy conditions to grow... 

The first character of the name Junichi [純一] means pure, innocent, and simple and the second symbolizes first.www.empyrealenvirons.com/ - 82k - Similar

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

well, since you asked . . . . here it is - a special surprise gift by my DH and DS with help from a friend of ours who purchased one of the marathon photos and then scanned it in to make up this 8x10 print that she mounted on a wood plaque.  sorry for the obtrusive size

Tammy